What age is the best age to start a band?

12ogue

Inspiration...
Aug 26, 2006
Fullerton
✟7,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Many bands that I enjoy listening to start from high school to college. It's usually because they meet their band crew there and share a same interest in the kinds of music.

My uncle, the bass player from Unwritten Law, joined the band when he was in college in San Diego.

Upvote 0

Bassist1962

Jan 21, 2007
✟7,669.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I am currently 44, and I have started/restarted a duo with a former bandmate who is 48 I think. Other former bandmates trying to get together with me to do something range in age from late 20's to early 70's. As long as you feel the music is burning within you, go for it regardless of age.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverEagle

Assistant To The Regional Manager
Jul 1, 2005
Western Maryland
Visit site
✟16,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nah, age isn't an issue. The maturity and dependability of its members is essential to a band's existence, but let's face it; that does not necessarily improve with age in some people. :D

I wasn't interested in writing until last year, so that would be...15 for me. However, I was playing in a youth group band when I was 13.

Reactions: Jeriel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums