Seattle, Wa
Visit site
✟8,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone!
I'm attending WWU in September (well I'm doing the summer course 2 days a week starting Tuesday) and I need to find a church or somewhere to go to worship on Sundays.

I'm a dance major and I'm so excited about my future but I'm also a new Christian and I don't want to lose my faith.

Currently I go to a really big church, but I go to the evening service and there are less people.

Do most colleges have church programs? My pastor is going to try to find something for me but I was just wondering if anyone here knew.

Is anyone else attending WWU?

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, my folks lived in Bellingham for awhile. Great town! You'll love living there. I don't know about Pentecostal churches (I see by your icon that's your denomination), but I can vouch for Birchwood Presbyterian having solid Bible teaching. There is another Presbyterian Church (not St. James, but the other one in town, maybe First? can't remember the name), anyway, they are also solid (a friend went there for awhile) and have an active student ministry -- and tying in with other students is so key your freshman year!

Lots of my friends went to WWU. It's a great school, and Bellingham is a wonderful place to live. Big enough to have things to do, small enough so you don't have to put up with the annoyances of a city. Congratulations on starting college and this exciting new phase of life! :clap:

Upvote 0

emmzee

Oct 3, 2004
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For now, try Googling and seeing what churches are in your area ... once you meet some other Christian students (thru clubs and so on) you can find out where other students go, which are often good choices as long as they are biblically based and so on.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, my folks lived in Bellingham for awhile. Great town! You'll love living there.

My parents too. They really liked it and thought they might end up there—until they ended up on the other side of the state. And I couldn't have been happier. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oooooh, rival... Wildcat over here. ;) (Central Washington University)

I had a friend who attended WWU and said they have a lot of neat Christian groups on camps that you should be able to hook up with once you're over there.

Upvote 0

BalletDancer

Apr 25, 2007
Seattle, Wa
Visit site
✟8,038.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yay thanks for the advice everyone!!

There's actually a foursquare church in the town, so hopefully I like it. It looks a lot less..advanced...than my church, but I think that's because it's not a "giant church" haha, anyway, thanks for the help!

Boss_BlueAngels, yay my first rival! haha! I'll definitely look for the groups :)

Upvote 0