Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Can these people not see how un-Christlike they're being? Do they not see they are driving people AWAY from God? Absolutely disgusting!

Thing is that they firmly believe that those who aren't with them are horribly unable to turn and come to Christ, they are firmly off the deep end of Hypercalvinistic soteriology and so aren't concerned with winning people to God, in fact last time I looked into their soteriology they don't even believe that they are saved.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thing is that they firmly believe that those who aren't with them are horribly unable to turn and come to Christ, they are firmly off the deep end of Hypercalvinistic soteriology and so aren't concerned with winning people to God, in fact last time I looked into their soteriology they don't even believe that they are saved.

:confused: Then literally, what in God's holy name do they think they're doing, or accomplishing?!?!?!

Upvote 0
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
:confused: Then literally, what in God's holy name do they think they're doing, or accomplishing?!?!?!

They aren't doing anything or accompolishing anything in God's holy name, but are working for Satan and spreding Satan's lies. He is one of Satan's ministers. The bible tells us they will act as ministers of God, but will not give glory to God.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Proclaiming God's Just judgment on all unrepentant sinners. It's a shame that they are the most visible hypercalvinist group, the other ones I know of are quite docile, regardless of their inability to comprehend that God has ordained us as his conversion toolstools

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proclaiming God's Just judgment on all unrepentant sinners.
It's a shame that they are the most visible hypercalvinist group, the other ones I know of are quite docile, regardless of their inability to comprehend that God has ordained us as his conversion toolstools

I just can't get my head around their hate. How on earth do they think that a message of hate and bigotry is in any way a reflection of Jesus?!?! Yes, we are to proclaim Jesus with our lips, and yes, there is A LOT of sin and sinners in the US, but whatever happened to love the sinner hate the sin? Being venomous and hateful is only going to push people further into their sins! Yes, we must tell them what awaits them if they die without Christ as their saviour, but not like this! It's with a loving heart that we are to want to help save people from the fires of hell, not drive them there with rage and hatred! I don't know, I guess I simply can't understand....

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amen. I think they may have torn that entire chapter out of their bibles...

They are cherry pickers that is what they do. They only focus on verses containing God's wrath and anger. he forget all about love,mercy, and grace.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are cherry pickers that is what they do. They only focus on verses containing God's wrath and anger. he forget all about love,mercy, and grace.

I wish I could strap them all into a chair and talk a little sense to them! Show them their errors! Get them to realize that what they're doing is the OPPOSITE of what Jesus taught!

Upvote 0

Anihilus

Jul 10, 2009
✟8,217.00
Faith
Baptist
Religious deception is how so many can do atrocities in the name of Christ and all the while think they are doing His will. It's how the Roman Catholic inquisitors could torture and murder so many of God's people and sincerely think they are doing God a service.

Thus it is with these people...

"They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good." Titus 1:16 (NIV)

We also aught to be patient with such, given their deception and bondage to the devil and his demonic teachings that they have turned aside from the truth to devote themselves to.

"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." 1 Timothy 4:1 (NIV)

"Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will." 2 Timothy 2:26 (NIV)

Therefore...

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him. Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who carries out wicked schemes. Cease from anger and forsake wrath. Do not fret, it leads only to evildoing. For evildoers will be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land." Psalm 37:7-9 (NASB)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 18, 2012
Missouri Ozarks
✟16,544.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could strap them all into a chair and talk a little sense to them! Show them their errors! Get them to realize that what they're doing is the OPPOSITE of what Jesus taught!

They won't listen to you. They are self righteous and think all others are sinners.

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Phelps was a delegate for Al Gore at the DEM national. Conv. Him and his church are all about two things. Making money thru law suits and making a mockery out of Christianity.

I believe I saw someone else post that they're real life POE'S

Upvote 0

AndrewK9

Sep 15, 2012
Planet Earth
✟15,677.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe I saw someone else post that they're real life POE'S

I don't know what happened to old man Phelps. He was actually a civil rights lawyer who helped fight Jim Crow laws in his town I have heard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟61,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, Satan is alive and well..at Westboro. :(

I just heard on the news that one of the Pastor's son's at Westboro has left that church and denounced them as the heretics they are. So that's something positive. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I just heard on the news that one of the Pastor's son's at Westboro has left that church and denounced them as the heretics they are. So that's something positive. :thumbsup:
Yes, apparently at least one of his daughters left a while ago as well.

What's really sad is that it's a biker group taking the stand and stopping these people. Christians should be lining up to stop them. The media loves them because it's always a great opportunity to paint all Christians, Baptists, Fundamentalists with this sick broad brush. Horrible.

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, apparently at least one of his daughters left a while ago as well.

What's really sad is that it's a biker group taking the stand and stopping these people. Christians should be lining up to stop them. The media loves them because it's always a great opportunity to paint all Christians, Baptists, Fundamentalists with this sick broad brush. Horrible.

They are bikers but they are veterans and they started it when they were picketing soldiers funerals. Many in CT came out Christians, citizens a lot of people all blocked them on the road so that they could not bother these funerals.

Upvote 0