Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know though. Jesus said to come to Him as little children. Maybe in her case this could be a good thing?

I think there's a distinction between faith and understanding though. Having a childlike understanding of God who he is, and all the essential pillars of Christianity could be detrimental because it could lead to heresy. Having an innocent faith in Christ, like a child, may be an entirely different thing though.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think there's a distinction between faith and understanding though. Having a childlike understanding of God who he is, and all the essential pillars of Christianity could be detrimental because it could lead to heresy. Having an innocent faith in Christ, like a child, may be an entirely different thing though.

yep, we are to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't know though. Jesus said to come to Him as little children. Maybe in her case this could be a good thing?

Well, i would not predict disaster. But I have seen problems with people brought up in similar circumstances. They can be really vulnerable to any person who comes along with what seems to be a well thought out argument, be it for a religious idea or some sort of non-religious idea. I knew a lady who ended up an atheist in that way, even though the idea she was presented had a very simple explanation from a Christian perspective. But because her understanding was the kind of idea of God a child would be told, she was vulnerable.

Upvote 0