Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I heard they got a new leader to fill those old shoes though....

"Picket these funerals, and your transforMATION will be com-plete."

...The scary thing is he does look kind of like Fred Phelps, just more pale.

fred-phelps.jpg

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Ahhh, you want this...take the picket sign. I am unarmed. Take it and harrass people. I feel the hate swelling in you. It gives you purpose! Protestant and badger people at funerals and homosexuals and your journey to the darkside will be complete!"

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm tired of these molestation scandals! I am the senate! We must move against the reporters. They are relentless. When they find out what has transpired here, they will attempt to make us come out with legal documents. We must move quickly to shred the evidence, Lord Vader.

popez.jpg

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm tired of these molestation scandals! I am the senate! We must move against the reporters. They are relentless. When they find out what has transpired here, they will attempt to make us come out with legal documents. We must move quickly to shred the evidence, Lord Vader.

popez.jpg

...And... then... we... will... have... peace.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You see!? You see, Anakin!? They've tried to take the Chair of Peter from me! I can't hold them off for long, Anakin! Help me!

The stress from these scandals and bad media press has left me scarred...but I assure you my resolve has never been STRONGER!

...And... then... we... will... have... peace.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You see!? You see, Anakin!? They've tried to take the Chair of Peter from me! I can't hold them off for long, Anakin! Help me!

The stress from these scandals and bad media press has left me scarred...but I assure you my resolve has never been STRONGER!

I-I-I-I'm... too weak... to speak ex cathedra.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"If you will not be turned....there is nothing I can do because God has predestined you without your consent or knowledge from before the foundation of the world to go down whatever path He chooses either to heaven or......you will be destroyed."

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank God she has left. Hopefully she can reconnect with her family that has already left and they can help each other heal. Also that others will be inspired by this and leave as well. These two girls bring it to 8 of Phelps grandchildren that have abandoned the church as adults.

I think the title of the article is a bit misleading though. I am sure there are going to be many that will read the headline and not the actual article, and they will think it is Phelps or his son, that run everything, leaving, and not his granddaughters. I honestly expect in the future to see more of his grandchildren slowly leaving, since the older ones are now at that age bracket when people start questioning the faith they grew up in and either accept or abandon it.

Yes, I noticed the article didn't quite match the story. Sorry about copying that as the title of the thread.

I didn't realize that eight have left. Wow. That's a pretty large number....although, I don't know how many grandchildren he has.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read somewhere that he has 13 children and 4 of them are no longer part of the church. He has 45 grandchildren and 6, now 8 grandchildren, have left the church. I don't think I have ever seen mention the number of great-grandchildren, but those are all probably very young children and babies, I would think. The granddaughters mentioned in this story, it is their mother who takes care of scheduling the protests. Interestingly enough their oldest brother was actually born out of wedlock, I say interestingly because of the the family's views. So apparently God doesn't hate unwed teenage mothers if they are Phelps's daughter. :sorry:
Wow. That's a lot of children and grandchildren! It seems hypocrisy is not only prevalent in all of us at one or another, but even in the Phelps family. ;)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It seems to me that her religious knowledge is really very much at the level of a small child, and I think that can be precarious in an adult.
That seems more than plausible - and all the more reason to pray.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It seems to me that her religious knowledge is really very much at the level of a small child, and I think that can be precarious in an adult.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly the case, not by any fault of their own per se, but rather because Fred Phelps intricately controls the flow of Scripture and how it's mixed with their doctrine. No doubt he's warped everything so well that it's difficult for them to call into question the beliefs and practices of their church.

All the more reason to pray for the girls that left WBC, that they wouldn't be exploited spiritually by anyone else they meet now that they're away from "home" and end up in a different kind of cult or in a place of utter unbelief.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know though. Jesus said to come to Him as little children. Maybe in her case this could be a good thing?

Upvote 0