Westboro Baptist Leader Quits...

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62359865 said:
Wow...

God is faithful and truly works on the hearts of others to help them see...and although you grow up knowing it, there are times it can take you off guard when you see such radical change. Love makes a big difference :)

Thanks for the update.

You're welcome! Prayers work, as we know!

Upvote 0

ziggy29

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2009
Pacific Northwest
✟27,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks be to God. I can understand that various Christian churches will have disagreements on some finer points, but how one can read the Bible, claim to be Christian and believe God "hates" ANYONE is not a real Christian, IMO. That as so far away from Christ's Second Greatest Commandment that anyone who thinks God hates anyone (and encourages us to hate anyone) is denying Jesus completely.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The next prayer is that they won't freefall into total secularism, and swing to the opposite extreme. They may well be so soured on anything calling itself "Christian" that they'll simply land nowhere.

I thought of that as well. That they may end up agnostics or atheists because of this. Prayers will continue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ziggy29

Site Supporter
Aug 22, 2009
Pacific Northwest
✟27,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought of that as well. That they may end up agnostics or atheists because of this. Prayers will continue.
Agreed with that. But at the very least, that would be fewer people poisoning the name of Christianity with hate that has no place in His kingdom.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agreed with that. But at the very least, that would be fewer people poisoning the name of Christianity with hate that has no place in His kingdom.
Yeah, misrepresenting God and Christianity has caused so much harm.

Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I read an interview with her, and i would say based on that that she is not going to become an atheist because of a reaction to her family.

What seems more of a possibility is that she will hear arguments for atheism she has not yet been exposed to. she describes the conversation that got the ball rolling for her change of heart (if we are to stone people for homosexual behavior because the OT says so, why not the other things the OT says require stoning, and questions about why they believe homosexuals cannot repent,) and it was shocking to me that someone who had been exposed to Scripture for 27 years had not thought of the issues before.

It seems to me that her religious knowledge is really very much at the level of a small child, and I think that can be precarious in an adult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read an interview with her, and i would say based on that that she is not going to become an atheist because of a reaction to her family.

What seems more of a possibility is that she will hear arguments for atheism she has not yet been exposed to. she describes the conversation that got the ball rolling for her change of heart (if we are to stone people for homosexual behavior because the OT says so, why not the other things the OT says require stoning, and questions about why they believe homosexuals cannot repent,) and it was shocking to me that someone who had been exposed to Scripture for 27 years had not thought of the issues before.

It seems to me that her religious knowledge is really very much at the level of a small child, and I think that can be precarious in an adult.
Well, I think that kind of makes sense. It seems she and others in the group were taught in a very limited way about their "faith."

Upvote 0