Were Dinosaur bones planted there by satan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
oldwiseguy said:
Dinosaur bones are the remains of animals that were created by God for use by demons, Satan hisself included. In successive destructions over billions of years, usually by great flooding, God destroyed them.

God still allows demons to influence animal behavior, as is evident by the horrible, bloody carnage taking place in all levels of the animal world.

Science misinterprets these incarnations of punishment, calling them evolution.

Thus God hisself buried dem bones. (And yup, ah is serious!) :D

No I don't think you are serious. I am really starting to get the parody feeling from you.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
KerrMetric said:
No I don't think you are serious. I am really starting to get the parody feeling from you.

Kerr,

The bones scenario is perfectly logical when viewed from a whole bible perspective. I believe that almost every single bible verse requires understanding of the rest of the bible to understand.

I really enjoy my own sense of humor, but trust me I am serious about what I post here. God allows us to fill in the blanks, as the bible is the greatest example of 'time compression' and 'understatement' of all the worlds literature. In fact I cannot understand the bible fully without doing thus.

For example, how did Lucifer know he was 'beautiful', if he had no features. God assured him that he was, and enjoyed the beauty that he had created, and only He could 'see'. But Lucifer wanted to enjoy his own beauty as well, and requested a way to do so. The way God granted this request was the beginning of the material creation. Of course Lucifer would require many acoutraments to fulfill his request.

If you can see where this can go you will be well on the way to understanding the whole mystery of God.

I know what it is and I play with it. I do this because no one is going to believe it anyway. :D

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oldwiseguy, I really don't think these views are Biblical. These are some very strange beliefs, indeed. Did you read these somewhere, or did you come up with them? Many of them seem to cross the border from supernaturalism to superstition.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Willtor said:
oldwiseguy, I really don't think these views are Biblical. These are some very strange beliefs, indeed. Did you read these somewhere, or did you come up with them? Many of them seem to cross the border from supernaturalism to superstition.

How about reasonable assumptions? These are all my ideas, so I'll take the blame. (There is no credit!) They are very biblical but you have to know what the bible is saying. The bible is God-talking. But no one is listening. If you listen to what God is saying you will begin to know and understand God. If you don't, you won't.

Spend some time reading different threads and you'll see what I mean. No one cares what God thinks. They are more interested what they think.

If we are the proper witness, why is God going to send HIS witnesses.

They will be killed for what they reveal, and the whole world will rejoice. I believe I know some of what they will reveal. It will horrify most people, and send many 'christians' running for the door.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oldwiseguy said:
How about reasonable assumptions? These are all my ideas, so I'll take the blame. (There is no credit!) They are very biblical but you have to know what the bible is saying. The bible is God-talking. But no one is listening. If you listen to what God is saying you will begin to know and understand God. If you don't, you won't.

Spend some time reading different threads and you'll see what I mean. No one cares what God thinks. They are more interested what they think.

If we are the proper witness, why is God going to send HIS witnesses.

They will be killed for what they reveal, and the whole world will rejoice. I believe I know some of what they will reveal. It will horrify most people, and send many 'christians' running for the door.

But it looks like idle speculation, to me. How does speculation further the gospel of Christ? Are you suggesting that no theologian has ever listened to God? I assure you, none of them ever said anything remotely like this, nor did you build on anything they said.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
oldwiseguy said:
Witnessing to others is an intellectual excercise. It only becomes spiritual if God gets involved. You'll know if this happens because God will take over and direct the process. And you'll know that by the sudden intense interest by the proselite in all things biblical! ( Touchstone of the faith.) :preach:
In other words, you will know you are succesful when the person agrees with you! That's a measure of your success persuading people, not a measure of how correct you are.

BTW, the bible is not the "Touchstone of the faith". Christ is.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Willtor said:
But it looks like idle speculation, to me. How does speculation further the gospel of Christ? Are you suggesting that no theologian has ever listened to God? I assure you, none of them ever said anything remotely like this, nor did you build on anything they said.
Don't burst his bubble - he obviously needs to feel special.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
oldwiseguy said:
Dinosaur bones are the remains of animals that were created by God for use by earthbound demons, Satan included. In successive destructions over billions of years, usually by great flooding, God destroyed them.

In other words God created the dinosaurs to serve Satan and then punished them for doing what he created them to do. Do you actually think this stuff through or just post the first thing that comes into your head?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ebia said:

:amen: :amen: :amen:

It would be a shame to make the Scriptures into an idol. So close to the truth. So close. But not quite.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ebia said:
In other words, you will know you are succesful when the person agrees with you! That's a measure of your success persuading people, not a measure of how correct you are.

If God takes over the process there is no need to agree with anyone but God. At that point God is revealing to that person what is needed to get them growing.

A "touchstone" is defined as evoking images of making contact, having a solid base and being a tangible reminder of truth. Operative word: tangible. The Bible.

I've asked Doobie to start a poll on the subject, and I will accept the majority opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ebia said:
In other words God created the dinosaurs to serve Satan and then punished them for doing what he created them to do. Do you actually think this stuff through or just post the first thing that comes into your head?

You should read my posts more carefully. I didn't say what you say I said. When you start with, "In other words", it means that you are probably going to change what I said into what you want to believe I said, so you can criticize it.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
You should read my posts more carefully. I didn't say what you say I said. When you start with, "In other words", it means that you are probably going to change what I said into what you want to believe I said, so you can criticize it.

I do agree that you got a bad reply on this one. But having said that I just don't get what you're saying. What would demons want animals for? Are you suggesting that demons are even currently behind the animal phenomenon of predation? Jesus calls Himself a Lion in Revelations, and God takes glory from feeding predators in Job, which shows to me at least that there is nothing intrinsically sinful or imperfect in predation, sentimentalism aside.

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
oldwiseguy said:
Dinosaur bones are the remains of animals that were created by God for use by earthbound demons, Satan included. In successive destructions over billions of years, usually by great flooding, God destroyed them.

God still allows demons to influence animal behavior, as is evident by the horrible, bloody carnage taking place in all levels of the animal world.

Thus God hisself buried dem bones.

I only know of one thing (place) God created for Satan and his demons, and that's Hell. (unless that's becoming alligorical around here too. Never know.)

Anyway, What Satan does is twist the natural to beomce unnatural. Satan preverts the things of God and casts doubt on the things of God in the eyes of men. This line of thinking is probalby agreeable to most of us, wether you see that he has done this with evolution or not. It is a thing that Satan does.

How about the preversion of good works? Having religions where good works save a person and not their dependance on Christ. Satan doesn't care if those people do their "good" works, as long as they don't trust in Christ. It's the same sort of thing.

In my view, Satan has preverted the interpretatoin of the evidence, and men like to follow what seems right to the eyes of men.

Upvote 0

f U z ! o N

I fall like a sparrow and fly like a kite
Apr 20, 2005
Neptune
✟1,895.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
oldwiseguy said:

Thus God hisself buried dem bones.
sorry you are wrong about all that! Satan has nothing to do with evolution or bones

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
shernren said:
I do agree that you got a bad reply on this one. But having said that I just don't get what you're saying. What would demons want animals for? Are you suggesting that demons are even currently behind the animal phenomenon of predation? Jesus calls Himself a Lion in Revelations, and God takes glory from feeding predators in Job, which shows to me at least that there is nothing intrinsically sinful or imperfect in predation, sentimentalism aside.

Predatory animal behavior is used extensively in the bible to depict evil human behaviour. God will not only change human nature, but will remove the (evil) nature from animals. This predatory animal nature is cause by demon influence, or outright possession, and is part of their continuing punishment, until they are finally placed in eternal confinement at the time of judgement.

When they were first given earth to live upon and enjoy they had perfect, beautiful, physical bodies (although we do not know what they looked like). When they rebelled and were cast down they were given bodies that reflected what they had become: predatory monsters.

These dinosaurs were disposed of before man was created, but the new animals that were created would fulfill the same function that they did for millions of years. Note that all clean animals are prey species, while all of the predators are unclean.

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pats said:
I only know of one thing (place) God created for Satan and his demons, and that's Hell. (unless that's becoming alligorical around here too. Never know.)

Anyway, What Satan does is twist the natural to beomce unnatural. Satan preverts the things of God and casts doubt on the things of God in the eyes of men. This line of thinking is probalby agreeable to most of us, wether you see that he has done this with evolution or not. It is a thing that Satan does.

How about the preversion of good works? Having religions where good works save a person and not their dependance on Christ. Satan doesn't care if those people do their "good" works, as long as they don't trust in Christ. It's the same sort of thing.

In my view, Satan has preverted the interpretatoin of the evidence, and men like to follow what seems right to the eyes of men.

The angels (now demons) had access to the whole universe, but are now restrained to the earth, awaiting the final judgement when they will be cast into the lake of fire and be restrained there for eternity.

This earth is their present hell. And in the meantime they are doing what they've done since the rebellion: inhabiting a body, beit human or animal. I think people are going to be surprised at the number of demons there are, walking around in human, or animal bodies. Every now and then they show this by their incredibly violent, or nutty, behavior.

To learn more, read up on demons in the bible.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
oldwiseguy said:
If God takes over the process there is no need to agree with anyone but God. At that point God is revealing to that person what is needed to get them growing.

A "touchstone" is defined as evoking images of making contact, having a solid base and being a tangible reminder of truth. Operative word: tangible. The Bible.

I've asked Doobie to start a poll on the subject, and I will accept the majority opinion.
How about subjecting your whole theology to the same test?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oldwiseguy said:
The angels (now demons) had access to the whole universe, but are now restrained to the earth, awaiting the final judgement when they will be cast into the lake of fire and be restrained there for eternity.

This earth is their present hell. And in the meantime they are doing what they've done since the rebellion: inhabiting a body, beit human or animal. I think people are going to be surprised at the number of demons there are, walking around in human, or animal bodies. Every now and then they show this by their incredibly violent, or nutty, behavior.

The temporary solution, then, is to terraform another planet (Mars, maybe), and move there, away from all the demons who are restricted to Earth. Whew. It's a good thing we live in the 21st century where we can get away from those pesky demons. This will be a good move, anyway, since the animals we take with us will lose their appetites for each other. Right?

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Predatory animal behavior is used extensively in the bible to depict evil human behaviour. God will not only change human nature, but will remove the (evil) nature from animals. This predatory animal nature is cause by demon influence, or outright possession, and is part of their continuing punishment, until they are finally placed in eternal confinement at the time of judgement.

When they were first given earth to live upon and enjoy they had perfect, beautiful, physical bodies (although we do not know what they looked like). When they rebelled and were cast down they were given bodies that reflected what they had become: predatory monsters.

These dinosaurs were disposed of before man was created, but the new animals that were created would fulfill the same function that they did for millions of years. Note that all clean animals are prey species, while all of the predators are unclean.

Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Watch the paradox: This is so incredibly ludicrous and unorthodox at first glance, that I am going to spend a large amount of time and study to answer it. So my reply might be a few days later on. But a glimpse of what I am attempting:

For now, the main issue I will address will be concerning the Scriptural understanding of predatory behaviour and its symbolic use in representing spiritual forces. I have posited before that even if the Fall had not happened, predatory behaviour would still be used by God in creation as a necessary method of maintaining physical and numerical ecological equilibria. Also, God has pointed to His supporting predatory behaviour as proof of His glory, most notably in the ultimate "glory of Creation" passage - God's replies to Job. Finally, Jesus is portrayed as a "lion", which would not have been an appropriate symbolism if predatory behaviour was not a normal and perfect behavioural pattern for God to use even before the Fall. I have said all this before, but this time I am going to do some serious, in-depth study, and hopefully pick up a little Hebrew and a little more Greek along the way.

On an aside, I will also look at the issue of the physicality of demons. Not in the sense of whether they exist or not - we are agreed that they do - but over the question of whether they have bodies and what sort of bodies they are. My personal view up to now is that they inhabit the spiritual realm alone, and this raises the good question of how spiritual creatures can take on physical form, a spinoff from the interaction problem.

This should be fun. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.