We're adopting! through Reece's Rainbow

racheline

May 29, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone! Asking for prayers as we are a few days away form completing our homestudy and sending it to USCIS and then we'll send our dossier and hope to travel in a couple months from now!

If you want to follow our journey we have a family blog set up - the link to it is up on the Reece's Rainbow website under "sponsor a family" and "Wallace for the Center Family". They also have a picture of the little boy we are committed to adopt - he's darling! We are so excited!

We're working with an amazing ministry called "Reece's Rainbow" which started out advocating for children (and orphans) with Down Syndrome - they now also include children who are HIV positive and children with "other special needs". I can't tell you what a world my eyes have been opened to since reading the blogs and stories of other adoptive parents and advocates for these precious children. The conditions they live under and their bleak dark futures are heart-breaking. I prayed "break my heart for what breaks Yours, everything I have for Your kingdom-come." I sure got my prayer answered. I KNOW God loves these kids and I'm SO happy someone (actually a bunch of people now!) is doing something to give them a voice and a chance to be part of a family. 5 years and 500 (YES - five HUNDRED!) orphans with special needs have been adopted through this ministry!

God Bless! - Rachel