Were Adam and Eve sexually attracted to each other, over...?

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But what "Wowed" them about each other, and after saying "Wow" did it lead to sexual attraction for each other's bodies?

If they were not ashamed at each other's physical appearance, then did they have feelings over nakedness at all/whatsoever, before the fall?

God Bless!

Read back a couple posts. They were sexually attracted to each other and that was blessed by God.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
To me the WOW no doubt has several aspects to it including the ascetic beauty, but also sexual attraction.

God created out bodies as holy as our soul and spirit. God also created our emotions and feelings. This things are holy, set apart to God. If we use them in a way that hurts God, ourself or others then they were used for an unhealthy, sinful purpose. That doesn't change them from a part of us to some other substance. We just need to rededicate them back to God. Just as when we renew our mind in Christ, we don't get a new physical brain and mind, we think on the things that are pure, good and holy, etc.

But what "Wowed" them about each other, and after saying "Wow" did it lead to sexual attraction for each other's bodies?

If they were not ashamed at each other's physical appearance, then did they have feelings over nakedness at all/whatsoever, before the fall?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

CryOfALion

Sep 10, 2014
✟1,894.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All this talk about light around Adam and Eve is made up as far as I can till. The Text says they were naked and unashamed. So to me that means they were naked not clothed. If they had been clothed with light the text would have said so.

What amazes me is when Christians try to softly insult what they think is false and made up doctrine, even though the context, activity and events are actually explicitly and implicitly in the bible.

There is a lot of things unsaid in the bible; it is a canon, not a complete text.

I also not see the Bible telling us that the nature of the human body was changed by God because of the fall.

That is because thought in the Church is frowned upon, almost forbidden.

Why do you think God allowed Noah to eat meat after the flood of their bodies were meant to eat vegetables previously? Why would God just change if He doesnt change?

The body we were created with was a part of our creation and we will also have a physical body when our new body is completed in the resurrection. So they had sexual desires before the fall as God had told them to go forth and multiply. So there is not doubt in my mind when Adam and Eve first saw each other there were like WOW. After all, it isn't lust for ones spouse that is a sin but lust for your neighbor's wife that is a sin. Mat.5 where Jesus talks about adultery makes that pretty clear in my mind as well.

So Adam and Eve were no doubt "like wow," we have the same bodies before the fall, and yet you can't even entertain the thought of Adam and Eve being clothed with light before the fall, like it is mentioned at transfiguration, with the saints in heaven, Psalm 104... Extrapolation would lead a person to see resurrected, or perfect(ed) bodies receive clothes of light. Knowing the consistency of God, why wouldn't Adam and Eve - being made in His image - not have clothes of light at perfection? Unless they were not perfect, or you aren't allowed to think in the Church. Even historic narratives and texts talk about this clothing of light. The bible says the enemy can transform into a being of light. And yet, despite this being all over the bible it worries you and other people.

Just FYI to everyone: if what I said makes people worry, why are you surprised people avoid church with their real qualms - like homosexuality, adultery and abortion?.

Upvote 0

OldStudent

Feb 24, 2007
central Ohio
✟8,188.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Among the first instructions God gave Adam (plural. Eve wasn't singled out until after the fall) was to be fruitful and multiply. Sin was not a requirement for this. In our design life is sexually transmitted. There is no clue of their sex life before the fall. It is a high probability they were active - why not?

The sight of flesh is not THE signal for or of arousal or desire. I received a sharp twinge by a fully clothed staff member in a church school during school hours. Her mindset influenced both the fit of her clothing and the way she carried herself. We both recognized the incident and made sure the incident quickly passed.

There are numerous and varied factors that lead into sexual encounter. While physical drive can certainly be an initiator of sex. That path can be troublesome. It is possible to rape your own wife – sex without mutual consent is rape. I have come to see this: good sex is not just an event – it is a lifestyle. There is a great deal of love in faithfully attending to the mundane of daily life. Honor, trust, respect (less for WHAT she is than WHO she is) all undergird winsome affection in the context of the exclusive covenant of marriage. THEN the event of sex becomes a deep expression of affectionate love. It is something that delightfully joins you – not drives you.

It is recognized near the end of Genesis 2 that a man and his wife become “one flesh.” There is mounting evidence of powerful imprinting between husband and wife that accompanies sex. It is also quite apparent that there is exchange of DNA in sex. DNA is a highly detailed and personal carrier of personal identity. That is common knowledge in legal/criminal forensics. I have not yet become aware of research confirming the notion of DNA associated bonding. But it sure provides a mechanism to accomplish God’s “one flesh” design.

A corollary is that if we do not keep ourselves strictly to our own spouses we damage and break fundamental imprinting and bonding mechanisms by which we attain and maintain the highest relationship to be attained and enjoyed between people.

Time to stop. I feel a book coming on;>)

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Lion ... well, I didn't see where your references referring to Adam and Eve or humans as being clothed in light. Jesus and the transfiguration and God in Ps.104 are clothed in light. While Adam and Eve area said to be naked. So what would I think they are clothed?

Worries? Why would I be worried (I'm not) and why would you say its all over the Bible when its not? The whole message of the ressurection is that we will have a physical body not a body of light.

So Adam and Eve were no doubt "like wow," we have the same bodies before the fall, and yet you can't even entertain the thought of Adam and Eve being clothed with light before the fall, like it is mentioned at transfiguration, with the saints in heaven, Psalm 104... Extrapolation would lead a person to see resurrected, or perfect(ed) bodies receive clothes of light. Knowing the consistency of God, why wouldn't Adam and Eve - being made in His image - not have clothes of light at perfection? Unless they were not perfect, or you aren't allowed to think in the Church. Even historic narratives and texts talk about this clothing of light. The bible says the enemy can transform into a being of light. And yet, despite this being all over the bible it worries you and other people.

Just FYI to everyone: if what I said makes people worry, why are you surprised people avoid church with their real qualms - like homosexuality, adultery and abortion?.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God Bless!

Adam saw Eve for the first time and he was so super spiritual he said: Wow this is spirit of my spirit and then after the fall his eyes were opened and he saw that she had a body, lol.

Upvote 0

CryOfALion

Sep 10, 2014
✟1,894.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lion ... well, I didn't see where your references referring to Adam and Eve or humans as being clothed in light. Jesus and the transfiguration and God in Ps.104 are clothed in light. While Adam and Eve area said to be naked. So what would I think they are clothed?

Worries? Why would I be worried (I'm not) and why would you say its all over the Bible when its not? The whole message of the ressurection is that we will have a physical body not a body of light.

The message of resurrection is restoration to perfection.

Were Adam and Eve perfect when created? (If no, we can stop here.)

As for not everywhere in the bible:

Matt 13:43
Revelation 19:8
Matt 17:2
Daniel 12:3
Judges 5:31
Proverbs 4:18
Revelation 3:5
Revelation 4:4
Luke 2:9
Luke 24:4
Luke 17:24
Daniel 10:5-6
Revelation 15:6
Psalm 104:1-2

And, the Hebrew early teaching had Adam and Eve as being first clothed with raiment of light. The Soncino Zohar of Bereshith how the rabbis interpreted the original garments of Adam and Eve:

AND THE EYES OF BOTH OF THEM WERE OPENED. Then they knew that they were naked, since they had lost the celestial lustre which had formerly enveloped them, and of which they were now divested. AND THEY SEWED FIG LEAVES. They strove to cover themselves with the images from the tree of which they had eaten, the so-called “leaves of the tree”. AND THEY MADE THEMSELVES GIRDLES. [...] Afterwards God clothed Adam and Eve in garments soothing to the skin, as it is written, HE MADE THEM COATS OF SKIN. At[bless and do not curse]first they had had coats of light, which procured them the service of the highest of the high, for the celestial angels used to come to enjoy that light; so it is written, “For thou hast made him but little lower than the angels, and crownest him with glory and honour” (Ps. VIII, 6). Now after their sins they had only coats of skin, good for the body but not for the soul.

This fact/myth/idea about Adam and Eve's former raiment, and realization of nakedness has been an issue well thought about, and passed on for many scores of generations.

The raiment of light for Adam and Eve has been around for literally ever.

Upvote 0

AntiVillain

Jul 20, 2014
✟150,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If after the Fall everything went down hill, I ENVY their sex life pre-Fall.

Unfortunately, too many teachers insist on us never getting to experience that for ourselves -- because (according to them) "Matthew 22:30 says no more marriage/sex in Heaven," "We'll be the Bride Of Christ instead," etc.

Good grief -- is it really so wrong to hope for the Resurrection to restore everything the Fall cheated us out of?

Last edited:
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0