"Wellness Warrior" natural healing advocate Jess Ainscough has died from cancer at 30

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Extremely unlikely, no. As Keith said, they were up front about his odds. I repeat odds...stating "you have a year to live" is a probability, not a certainty. Maybe they were hoping against hope to try and save or at least extend his life. That's kind of what their business is, after all. I doubt they get paid extra for every test they order, etc.

Maybe they don't get paid more, personally, but their clinic definetely makes more profit, so many doctors in for profit clinics are ordered to do as much as feasible.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This story is just plain paralyzing with stupidity. Like I want to feel bad for her. I really do, but this is just mind boggling. It seems like natural selection at work. This line of thinking also killed her mother from breast cancer.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That said, would you mind not making this thread into another OBAMA!!! (or his wife) thread? It would weaken your point by making it seem like you were throwing red herrings.

I wasn't trying to turn this into an "OBAMA!!!" thread, I was just testing the waters to see if liberals would take the same stance on the matter when it came to someone they like vs. a stranger on the internet.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again...not when it endangers lives, no, it's not.
No, it's not. Sorry to disappoint, but this is not some dramatic Orwellian thing that you seem fired up about painting it as. Being held accountable for pushing medical quackery and fraud is what's being discussed.

Few (at most) here are suggesting that. It's not that simple. I would say that if you stated that as fact and not opinion or anecdotal, and it can be proven that someone followed that advice based on your blog and had a cancer with a high cure rate through evil ol chemo or some other known threatment who subsequently died in short order, yes, you could/should be up on criminal charges. God forbid we hold people accountable.

How is sharing an opinion endangering lives?

She can't physically make anyone follow her advice. The human element is still at play here...the people have to want to follow her advice.

Does the "my body, my choice" slogan only apply to legalized weed and abortion? I suspect if one of those two things were the topic of discussion in this thread, we'd see several people doing a 180 on their position.

If an adult approaches me about the benefits of magnet therapy (which there are none, I realize it's quackery), and I as a consenting adult, decide I want to scrap proven medical science and give it a try, that's between me and the person promoting it, it's nobody else's business.

A month or two back, there was a thread started by a republican criticizing certain methods of birth control based on the risks that they can carry, there were no shortage of people lining up to say "an adult can make whatever choices they'd like, it's their body, it's their risk to take, not yours".

Yet, the same theme doesn't seem to be applied in this scenario.

...but, I guess I should've expected as much from the generation that says that you can sue McDonald's because "it's the restaurant's fault for making people fat"

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This story is just plain paralyzing with stupidity. Like I want to feel bad for her. I really do, but this is just mind boggling. It seems like natural selection at work. This line of thinking also killed her mother from breast cancer.

This is what I was thinking as well. Sucks that this happened to her, but she had the ability to research and consult with doctors to find the best form of treatment for her situation.

Upvote 0