Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not that I have a full laid out plan, but at least one aspect of properly run welfare should be that it should be temporary and help people out of that situation, not keep them comfortable in it.

So you're completely okay with current welfare laws?

Because that's how they're set up right now.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Well then they are very bad at enforcing them.

Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Any citation for the rate of fraud in the welfare program? As it stands now, a family can only receive welfare for 2 years, must work or be looking for a job, and has a lifetime limit of 5 years. It may vary by state (haven't really looked it up), but that is what the federal law is.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Any citation for the rate of fraud in the welfare program? As it stands now, a family can only receive welfare for 2 years, must work or be looking for a job, and has a lifetime limit of 5 years. It may vary by state (haven't really looked it up), but that is what the federal law is.
Well that may be true, but I am almost positive that there are people that abuse it by the generation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So no real evidence. No citations, no studies, nothing concrete? Let me guess, anecdotes? Do I need to dig out an old post detailing why anecdotes are useless for making general assumptions about a population?
actually, I have seen it with my own eyes to say nothing of my mother working in the city and having people refuse to pay bill, but if you would like me to tell you about my VERY recent experience in the generational abuse I will. If it is not the case that people abuse it why is it that children who grow up in the projects often REMAIN there in adulthood?

Upvote 0
G

good brother

Maybe idealistically, but not in action. I heard one man tell another that he "should quit his job and go back on welfare because he can make more there." If he didn't like the money he was making there at the job he was at, he should be looking for a better job, not looking to get back on welfare.

and good brother how long should it be?
Idk. That's why I said I don't have a fully laid out plan.

Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It should end completely as soon as the youngest current child in the household turns 3 months old or a weekly drug test is failed for the first time after being accepted into the welfare program.

(And yes, I am counting children in utero.)

It's a one time deal. Don't bother applying again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And you blame generational poverty on welfare. Welfare is not a cause, it's a band-aid, for generational poverty (which has several factors, mostly lack of education and meaningful parental support).
I didn't say it did not, but at a certain point each child/young adult must take it on themselves to do better for themselves. Public/free education free /reduced prices school meals scholarships for higher education at some point YOU must take responsability for you and your life.
Redpaddy how did you come up with three months old?

Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't say it did not, but at a certain point each child/young adult must take it on themselves to do better for themselves. Public/free education free /reduced prices school meals scholarships for higher education at some point YOU must take responsability for you and your life.
Redpaddy how did you come up with three months old?
12 weeks is roughly what is allowed for maternity leave for working mothers. After that most are cleared to return to work. Those on welfare should not be entitled to greater benefits than those footing the bill.

Upvote 0