• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Welcome to the Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I can go first and introduce myself. :)

My name is Kristina and I am 22. I am married to Jordan and we have been married for over a year. I have BPD and there are days where it gets really hard. I have been a believer since I was about 14 or so but I have my doubts and now and then but who doesn't? :sorry:

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi kristine... I hope u reae this. servers down...i wanted to send u a pm... rili nid to talk to someone..I never knew u had BPD... in fact I dont rili know what BPD is... but im rili confused with the symptoms my already autistic and bipolar brother is showing... pls need to talk to sum1. and pls need prayers... he gets violent and scary everyday- sum days its doesnt feel like autism anymore...I fear for the safety of my whole family....

• Prayers
Reactions: Corinthi
Upvote 0

Nelliebell

Sep 8, 2014
Manitoba, Canada
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Everyone who reads this,
I am grateful that this thread is here.
I was diagnosed with Major Depression, Dysthymia and BPD.
I deeply know the first two diagnoses, however I did not and still do not quite understand what BPD is.
I remember when my God-send doctor diagnosed me, I went to read what it was. Didn't like the first and/or second paragraph so I quite reading it.
I am not in a hurry to know about it because God has my health in his plan for me and I take his lead, thank God for that.
I am grateful that I can share this here on this forum.
God's best to you all in Jesus name, amen.
:amen::crossrc::hi::pink:

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi kristine... I hope u reae this. servers down...i wanted to send u a pm... rili nid to talk to someone..I never knew u had BPD... in fact I dont rili know what BPD is... but im rili confused with the symptoms my already autistic and bipolar brother is showing... pls need to talk to sum1. and pls need prayers... he gets violent and scary everyday- sum days its doesnt feel like autism anymore...I fear for the safety of my whole family....

I'm praying for you, your brother and whole family dear one. :prayer:

Has your brother seen a doctor? If he hasn't I would have him do so.

God Bless you :angel:

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Everyone who reads this,
I am grateful that this thread is here.
I was diagnosed with Major Depression, Dysthymia and BPD.
I deeply know the first two diagnoses, however I did not and still do not quite understand what BPD is.
I remember when my God-send doctor diagnosed me, I went to read what it was. Didn't like the first and/or second paragraph so I quite reading it.
I am not in a hurry to know about it because God has my health in his plan for me and I take his lead, thank God for that.
I am grateful that I can share this here on this forum.
God's best to you all in Jesus name, amen.
:amen::crossrc::hi::pink:

Why are you not in a hurry to know about it? What made you in a hurry to know about the other two? I would just look at the symptoms and then talk to your doctor(s). Like you said, they are God sent. So they are the best and they want the best for you.

I'm praying for you. :prayer:

God bless you :angel:

Upvote 0

Nelliebell

Sep 8, 2014
Manitoba, Canada
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for your prayers. In regards to be in a hurray to know the first two, I know them for I had them since I was a toddler. As for the bpd, when it's God's timing for me to know, I will know.
Mrs. Army's Wife, are you in the medical field in these illnesses?
God bless you.

Upvote 0

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟30,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My name is Matt; I'm 27 and was officially diagnosed with BPD a year ago, though I had been suffering the symptoms for much longer (alongside bipolar disorder).

It's been tough living with my conditions, though things are remarkably better now than they used to be. Ages 18-25 were a tumultuous period of unstable interpersonal relationships, alcoholism, social isolation, frequent hospitalizations, etc. I accepted Christ at 25 and things greatly improved as I gained a better understanding of myself in God. I don't feel lost or helpless anymore and I have better control and management of my BPD now, though, like any condition, I still have my ups and downs from time to time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aidan K

Baha'i
Jan 18, 2014
✟8,290.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Diagnosed six months ago. In many ways it was a relief to understand and have an explanation for what's happening to me. I continue to struggle. A big thing for me was wife ending the marriage five years ago. Didn't see it coming. There was a third party involved. I detest living alone and sometimes have a feeling of impending doom, that something catastrophic is going to happen to me.

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your prayers. In regards to be in a hurray to know the first two, I know them for I had them since I was a toddler. As for the bpd, when it's God's timing for me to know, I will know.
Mrs. Army's Wife, are you in the medical field in these illnesses?
God bless you.

No I am not in the medical field.

God Bless you as well dear. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Army Wife, what kind of information do you have about BPD? I'm curious to see if you have any. :wave:

I'm not a doctor so like I've stated above and I posted before in other threads you would need to speak to your doctor. I just know what information my doctor/ER gives me and what the Internet gives me.

I'm praying for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Krissy Cakes

Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Aug 5, 2008
Idaho
✟69,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My name is Matt; I'm 27 and was officially diagnosed with BPD a year ago, though I had been suffering the symptoms for much longer (alongside bipolar disorder).

It's been tough living with my conditions, though things are remarkably better now than they used to be. Ages 18-25 were a tumultuous period of unstable interpersonal relationships, alcoholism, social isolation, frequent hospitalizations, etc. I accepted Christ at 25 and things greatly improved as I gained a better understanding of myself in God. I don't feel lost or helpless anymore and I have better control and management of my BPD now, though, like any condition, I still have my ups and downs from time to time.

Welcome Matt to the Recovery part of CF! :hug:

BPD is very hard to live with but I will say having God in your life makes it 100% better. :amen:

Praying for you. :prayer: And I'm glad to hear your life is better now. :)

Upvote 0

cory533

Mar 22, 2007
seattle ish
✟8,991.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi I used to be active in this forum the better part of a decade ago. my wife has bpd she got treatment 5 years on meds now nearly that without meds. life is good. there is hope.my wife's case is not typical, I don't think there is a typical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brantley Wills

Feb 7, 2017
Georgia
✟9,747.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife also seems to have this.. I've researched it for months now, but haven't approached her with it.. Now she's filed for a divorce for the third time and separated from me.. How do you tell someone they may have BPD? I have a feeling it won't turn out nice..

Upvote 0

Godislove94

May 17, 2015
✟8,265.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My name is Lily (alias, I'm still not totally comfortable with using my real name even on a site like this). I'm 22, single and from Ohio. I became a Believer the day I was baptized on August 9, 2015. Before then I was in a church that really hurt me and did a lot of damage to me. I realized that I first had Borderline Personality Disorder when I was 21 and started having the symptoms when I was 19. From 19-21 when I was in the church that hurt me, I was in the middle of a traumatic experience and had PTSD when I left in April of 2015. Things were amazing after I got baptized, but then I had another traumatic experience happen that September that I have never recovered from and ended up relapsing back into BPD and was very close to a suicide attempt in August of 2016. I had struggled all my life to love God and now I don't know if I will ever have a relationship with Him again after what happened because I feel like He blames me for all of it and is only punishing me/wants to hurt me. I struggle with hating Him and the fallout of all of this more than a year later and its like I don't have any faith anymore. I tell Him that I hate Him a lot for not protecting me from what happened back in September of 2015 and am just a big mess right now. :(

Upvote 0

Brantley Wills

Feb 7, 2017
Georgia
✟9,747.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My name is Lily (alias, I'm still not totally comfortable with using my real name even on a site like this). I'm 22, single and from Ohio. I became a Believer the day I was baptized on August 9, 2015. Before then I was in a church that really hurt me and did a lot of damage to me. I realized that I first had Borderline Personality Disorder when I was 21 and started having the symptoms when I was 19. From 19-21 when I was in the church that hurt me, I was in the middle of a traumatic experience and had PTSD when I left in April of 2015. Things were amazing after I got baptized, but then I had another traumatic experience happen that September that I have never recovered from and ended up relapsing back into BPD and was very close to a suicide attempt in August of 2016. I had struggled all my life to love God and now I don't know if I will ever have a relationship with Him again after what happened because I feel like He blames me for all of it and is only punishing me/wants to hurt me. I struggle with hating Him and the fallout of all of this more than a year later and its like I don't have any faith anymore. I tell Him that I hate Him a lot for not protecting me from what happened back in September of 2015 and am just a big mess right now. :(

Upvote 0

djsouth

Nov 28, 2019
Alamogordo
✟15,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

i m glad you got help with it ar a fairly young age. I was diagnosed in 2013 while going thru a divorce. I m now close to 50 and seeing a good therapist.May God bless you in your journey

Upvote 0