Winfield Township
✟8,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Friday one of our cats, Koko, sat in my lap. Later that day my wife and I both noticed she had trouble getting into a chair. Saturday morning she ate but not much and she did not bully the other cat like he normally does. Later she got worse. I knew of a 24 hour animal hospital so I took her there. When we got there I took her out of the carrier and she just laid on a scale. Then the vet took her for an exam which lasted about an hour. When he came back he told me that for about $1000 they could treat her but there was little hope for her. And then it would be supportive care if that.
So I had a few moments with Koko. And rubbed her neck. I looked in her eyes and she looked back into mine. I was her only hope and she was trusting me. But I betrayed her trust. I still feel guilty and my wife misses Koko and I can tell the other cat does too.

If I can feel this bad about a cat that is just about to die then how can people abort their own children? I cannot imagine how I could possibly live with that.

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Had to put down all my three cats over the last nine months. My condolences.

Abortion is a very different matter.
A strong emotional connection is rarely made to their unborn, especially one comparable to a pet of 10/15 years. Not to say those who choose to have abortions find the experience an easy one.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I ADORE my pets with all my heart, but the way you mourn the pet but brush off a human life socasualky, it gave me chills! And it's 106 F where I live!!

Had to put down all my three cats over the last nine months. My condolences.

Abortion is a very different matter.
A strong emotional connection is rarely made to their unborn, especially one comparable to a pet of 10/15 years. Not to say those who choose to have abortions find the experience an easy one.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry to hear about your cat. I still remember when we had to put down the cat I grew up with, from about age 5-22ish. Just know that he isn't suffering anymore and I'm sure he would understand that you would have saved him if you could.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm so sorry about your dear kitty. It's hard enough when death comes naturally, but it is extra difficult if we have to put them down and then feel like we betrayed their trust. I still remember my old kitty. Please accept my sympathies.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Friday one of our cats, Koko, sat in my lap. Later that day my wife and I both noticed she had trouble getting into a chair. Saturday morning she ate but not much and she did not bully the other cat like he normally does. Later she got worse. I knew of a 24 hour animal hospital so I took her there. When we got there I took her out of the carrier and she just laid on a scale. Then the vet took her for an exam which lasted about an hour. When he came back he told me that for about $1000 they could treat her but there was little hope for her. And then it would be supportive care if that.
So I had a few moments with Koko. And rubbed her neck. I looked in her eyes and she looked back into mine. I was her only hope and she was trusting me. But I betrayed her trust. I still feel guilty and my wife misses Koko and I can tell the other cat does too.

If I can feel this bad about a cat that is just about to die then how can people abort their own children? I cannot imagine how I could possibly live with that.

Back in October I had to sit wpith Pepper the great Dane and do the same thing. I felt like Adolph Eichmann.

Pepper was so trusting of me. Every time she greeted me , it was as of I Just came home from war.
Pepper had bone cancer and was suffering. I couldn't bear to watch her suffer.

You did the right thing. Certainly you would not want to watch your Cat suffer. Yes it is tough, but you did not betray.

Upvote 0