'we Need An Army Motivated By Love Not Hate To Sweep Across The Uk' Says Guitarist...

OBhave

Jul 20, 2005
✟119.00
Faith
Christian
Our Lord's Great Commission, to spread the gospel globally in this climax generation of history, is a pre-condition of Christ's return, per Matthew 24, so we need to share the glorious good news with friend & foe alike

All testimonies I've ever heard from folk won to Christ from other religions, cults, etc, have said that practical love shown by Christians was a deciding factor in their decision to follow Christ

Justice & defending the weak is a vital Bible principle

Christ met several soldiers, & never told a single one to leave military service

He returns at Armageddon to slaughter Antichrist armies who dare invade His Holy Land & attack the Holy City of Jerusaem, as I just typed at BBC opinion poll - see Joel 2/3, Zechariah 12/14 & Revelation 6, 8, 9 & 16/19

250 million Arabs are sworn to annihilate Jews, just as Hitler tried to do

It is both un-Biblical & un-British to let 5 million Jews in Israel be slaughtered by surrounding Arab enemies to gain oil & bribes

Hell is far worse than Armageddon, as it's eternal, conscious torment, so as Galatians 6:7 says, "Don't be deceived: God is not mocked - you reap what you sow"

2 Tim 3 & 2 Peter 3 also describe the endtime attitudes & God's wrath poured out in judgement - inc the prophecy of "scoffers, scoffing at God's Word & all things holy"

Delirious are evangelical, Bible-believing Christians, whereas liberals are false prophets, who urge folk to deny & despise the revealed Word of God, btw

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Black_Knight said:
Who on earth said they were liberals? :confused:

**Me cuts sarcasm part out***
Theiiiir noooot libbbbberals.... anyway the full article was interesting reading. Here is an excerpt:

[font=arial,helvetica] I then asked Stewart ("Stew") Smith, the band’s drummer, if he thought there would be a backlash against the Muslim community in Britain?

“Yes, I think unfortunately, there already is,” he said. “In fact, I was watching a news report the other day where it said that a young [Muslim] guy living in the UK who was probably 18 to 20 years old who said that he has just got over the 9/11 after being spat at an abused and now he said, ‘It’s all happening all over again.’ And he was just an innocent bystander.

“I think that is dreadful really and as Stu G said, I think all we can do is pray for the peace of our nation and the world really and stand up to these terrorists and not be defeated.
[/font]

Upvote 0

UnhandledException

Oct 7, 2003
California
Visit site
✟8,330.00
Faith
Christian
Robert43 said:
'WE NEED AN ARMY MOTIVATED BY LOVE NOT HATE TO SWEEP ACROSS THE UK' SAYS GUITARIST WITH THE BRITISH GROUP, DELIRIOUS?

He says the band was at Heathrow Airport when the bombs went off in London.

ANAHEIM, CA (ANS) -- The guitarist with the British Christian group, Delirous? says that British Christians need to react with love not hate to the July 7 London suicide bombings that claimed at least 54 victims.

Speaking before going on stage on the first night of Greg Laurie’s Harvest Crusade at Angel Stadium, Anaheim, on Friday, July 15, Stuart Garrard (Stu G) said, “I think all you can do is pray and live as a light for Jesus and just get there into the communities and serve and love people because it is time for an army that is motivated by love to rise and sweep across the UK rather than one motivated by hate.”

The goateed guitarist said that he was with the band at Heathrow Airport when the explosions took place waiting to board a flight to Scandinavia.

http://www.assistnews.net/ansarticle.asp?URL=Stories/s05070063.htm

I guess he believes in the cuddly Jesus. It's apparent he has never met the real One. Just love everyone and they will love you back. Yeah, right.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
UnhandledException said:
I guess he believes in the cuddly Jesus. It's apparent he has never met the real One. Just love everyone and they will love you back. Yeah, right.

That'll be the real Jesus who said "Love one another as I have loved you"?

The real Jesus who, as has already been pointed out in this discussion, called His followers to love our enemies and pray for the people who persecute us?

The real Jesus whose followers have risked hardship and persecution and death in order to be obedient to Him?

The real Jesus who Himself went to the cross to (amongst other things) show us that love is more than just wishy-washy feelings - it's about sacrificial giving.

This is "cuddly"...how, exactly?

David.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
UnhandledException said:
I don't know, are we spiting on Muslims and such here in the states? My neighbor is my neighbor weather he is Muslim or not, I'll defend his home just as vigorously as for anyone else in my Country. We don't put up with anti-American Muslim marches here though. I know the influx in the UK has been steep and some Muslims there have demonstrated. I've heard that the government has been lenient in this matter so could this be sparking hate in the UK?

Upvote 0

MidnightBlue

June Carter, pray for us!
May 16, 2005
✟11,111.00
Faith
UnhandledException said:
Yeah, Jesus does love everyone, and we're supposed to love everyone, too. No promises at all about anybody loving us back. That's the real Jesus.

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟15,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, the real Jesus does love everyone, right down to the terrorists themselves. If they do not repent and choose Jesus, the real Jesus will also not declare them before His Father in heaven and they will burn in hell for eternity. Not everything's flowers and roses, no matter how much you want it to be...

Upvote 0

MidnightBlue

June Carter, pray for us!
May 16, 2005
✟11,111.00
Faith
Ryder said:
Yes, the real Jesus does love everyone, right down to the terrorists themselves. If they do not repent and choose Jesus, the real Jesus will also not declare them before His Father in heaven and they will burn in hell for eternity. Not everything's flowers and roses, no matter how much you want it to be...
Nobody says everything's flowers and roses. Christianity can be hard work.

Those Christians who believe in following the teachings of Jesus about loving our neighbor and our enemy are, believe it or not, pretty well aware of how difficult that is. That doesn't mean it's not necessary.

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟15,589.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MidnightBlue said:
Nobody says everything's flowers and roses. Christianity can be hard work.

Those Christians who believe in following the teachings of Jesus about loving our neighbor and our enemy are, believe it or not, pretty well aware of how difficult that is. That doesn't mean it's not necessary.
Yes, good points. I do agree. I'm not sure we have the same underlying assumptions or definitions, if you will, but in some sense I do agree.

I think there is a lot to be defined about what loving your enemies, or anyone for that matter, actually is though. In definitions that should have preceded arguments is where we get lost, off the same page, I think.

What about tough love? Do you spank your children?

I don't want to get too sidetracked here, but do you remember the thief on the cross next to Jesus Christ? The one that put his trust in Jesus and to whom Jesus said that he would be in paradise with Him that day. Just notice that, among other things, Jesus did not command angels to take him off his cross either. Was that man supposed to die for his sins too? Surely not, only Jesus is worthy to be a sacrifice for sin. Was he forgiven then? I think if he's going to paradise it's safe to say he was. So if he's forgiven, and doesn't need to atone for his own sins, why is he left up there? Does forgiveness always mean being let off the hook in every sense we are familiar with? Just some food for thought. Draw your own conclusions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums