MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Ginny said:
I don't remember ever seeing the Vice, no matter who has been in office.... That always seems to be such a hidden position.

Cheney has pretty much stayed in the background. I liked Margaret Thatcher's remark about him when he attended her getting an award:

Remarks by Lady Thatcher on Receiving the Clare Boothe Luce Award
December 9, 2002

Mr. Chairman, Mr. Vice-President, Ladies and Gentlemen:
Vice-President Cheney, you pay me particular distinction by your presence here this evening, and I am delighted that you have been allowed to “break cover”.

Indeed, you remind me of another intrepid warrior for justice. As the verse goes:
“They seek him here, they seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in Heaven? Is he in Hell?
That demmed elusive Pimpernel!”

Tonight Mr. Vice-President, for once, we know exactly where you are.

(excerpt from:
http://www.heritage.org/Research/PoliticalPhilosophy/wm178.cfm

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
I don't remember ever seeing the Vice, no matter who has been in office.... That always seems to be such a hidden position.

Is the Veep still in that "undisclosed secure location?" Oh, I forgot, that's classified :D .

Yeah, I know, bad joke....

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Billnew said:
If a leader, turns and runs when times are tough, he wasn't a leader to start with.

If we lose the President then we have President Cheney. And when times are tough then we will have President .... MInd blank, WHo is Secretary of State.

J. Dennis Hastert, speaker of the House of Representatives, is third in line to the presidency, before Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice.

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mr. Bush never had an "era". I suspect he will be quickly forgotten after the next presidential race. I don't believe it's in anybody's interest for him to step down. Nor do I consider that a real possibility. If I were him I would just start kicking some butt and show more political independence - less attachment to any particular group or special interest. He's the President of the United States. He could do all sorts of amazing things if he just told the partisans to hit the road. Who cares what people think of him. It can't get a whole lot worse.

Upvote 0

Chilufya

Jul 29, 2004
Miami (Cutler Ridge), FL
✟7,976.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ginny said:

I don't recall which vice president, but I think it was either Garner or Barkley, said, "The vice-presidency is worth a bucket of warm spit."

Upvote 0

fanatiquefou

you know, for kids!
Jun 19, 2004
Indiana
✟3,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
marvmax said:
Billnew;
Happy Birthday.

Well there is always the possibility that we can have another 3rd party canidate that splits the country 48% Dem 46% Rep 6% Other Conservative, then we can have another Democrat president without even a Majority of the Popular vote and the Media can try and convince us what a popular guy he is by never saying anythin negative about him. That was great fun :clap:^_^

The media never said anything negative about Clinton?? What country were you living in during the Clinton years, because it sounds like it wasn't the one I was in!

Upvote 0

nathanel

Dec 6, 2004
✟1,006.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Well it took long enough... actually my hopes aren't too high as the legacy could well be far worse than the two terms in office (if that's possible):

"Pentagon Revises Nuclear Strike Plan
Strategy Includes Preemptive Use Against Banned Weapons

By Walter Pincus
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, September 11, 2005; Page A01

The Pentagon has drafted a revised doctrine for the use of nuclear weapons that envisions commanders requesting presidential approval to use them to preempt an attack by a nation or a terrorist group using weapons of mass destruction. The draft also includes the option of using nuclear arms to destroy known enemy stockpiles of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons..."

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
fanatiquefou said:
The media never said anything negative about Clinton?? What country were you living in during the Clinton years, because it sounds like it wasn't the one I was in!

Yup. I was doing my first stint here in Japan during the Lewinsky thing and I considered myself so lucky I didn't have to watch it on TV every day. I did listen to NPR (those evil liberal *&^%^*s) to catch up, though.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
nathanel said:
Well it took long enough... actually my hopes aren't too high as the legacy could well be far worse than the two terms in office (if that's possible):

"Pentagon Revises Nuclear Strike Plan
Strategy Includes Preemptive Use Against Banned Weapons

By Walter Pincus
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, September 11, 2005; Page A01

The Pentagon has drafted a revised doctrine for the use of nuclear weapons that envisions commanders requesting presidential approval to use them to preempt an attack by a nation or a terrorist group using weapons of mass destruction. The draft also includes the option of using nuclear arms to destroy known enemy stockpiles of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons..."

Paging Dr. Strangelove, you have a call on the courtesy phone in the Pentagon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Bush era started when he began to pander to the religious right. The Bush era will end when the religious right realizes he is a fraud.
And when you, any of you for that matter, can judge Bush for his actions in his relationship with God then please, pick up a stone and walk forward.

For everyone in that "religious right" that does decide he is not a Christian, they too will be judged, and unless I missed the part where God came down and said everyone who bears His Son's name may judge another person's faith for their acts, please forward THAT memo to me, until then, I chose to personally abide within the zone of not judging Bush's Christianity...
now, as for his choices in government, I think he needs to seriously consider listening to his people. Bush isn't going to resign, I side with whoever before me said that leaders don't walk away, or something to that effect...it's like a rat leaving a sinking ship, and most people who rant about their dislike in Bush would agree he's a dumb *donkey* before any sort of rodent.:amen:

Furthermore, does anyone hate Bush enough to wish that Dick Cheney on us as President? C'mon now, he is an accident waiting to happen.

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OddBeani said:
And when you, any of you for that matter, can judge Bush for his actions in his relationship with God then please, pick up a stone and walk forward.

Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.