Feb 20, 2013
Hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, in summary, here is what we've "learned" thus far:

The alleged pre-ADAMic race, as allegedly described in Genesis 1:26-27, was...

...wait for it...

ADAM!

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." - Genesis 1:26-27

Again, the underlying Hebrew word which is here twice translated as "man" (and not "all races") is "'adam" or ADAM:

BLB - Gen 1: Book of Beginnings - Genesis 1 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

Yes, folks, "Adam" was preceded by "ADAM!".

Seriously, where do these people come from and will they ever repent of their error?

Reactions: Lion King
Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
..and from the line of Adam came also all the evil folks that have walked this earth.

Evil and wickedness have no barriers within race. Not all are of Adam but all races share equally.

Yes, in a way, Eve did give birth to both you and me. She is our mother according to the flesh (in the same way David was Christ's father).

How can something this simple to understand be so hard grasp for some?:confused:
I would agree LionKing...when you approach it from that view. She, through generational births...umbilical cord to umbilical cord...was the mother of all flesh but that flesh was of all those in the Adamic line. She is the spiritual mother to all who believe of all races.

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think the race of giants was demonic.

I don't think the fallen angels were demonic...just wayward angelic beings that followed their leader. Actually...I'm not quite sure what demons are.

For dairy cattle (I was a dairy farmer at one time) it's called 'line breeding.' If you take a certain trait in a cow and double breed aka INbreeding, the trait can double. So in people, breeding a tall father to his own daughter can produce a very large human very fast. They may be mentally deficient as well, but very tall. And early in human history I think this was practiced. A lot of 'tribes' probably produced tall people to ward off attacks by others.

The inbreeding may well do that but we are told that the giants were the product of fallen angels and humans.

To touch on a topic you "generally reject," if the fallen angels produced giants....what was Cain?

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Evil and wickedness have no barriers within race. Not all are of Adam but all races share equally.

Which race was Adam?

I would agree LionKing...when you approach it from that view. She, through generational births...umbilical cord to umbilical cord...was the mother of all flesh but that flesh was of all those in the Adamic line. She is the spiritual mother to all who believe of all races.

Did Eve spiritually give birth to any believer?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Over the years I've heard now & then about the possibility that a human like race lived prior to Adam, or even in conjunction with Adam and this explains the huge difference in races amongst other things.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of others if you would...
Was there a race of beings on earth prior to Adam and humans?
What do you believe and why? - Please provide scripture if you can..

Had to be. How did Cain and Abel find wives? I see Gen 1 and 2 two separate creation stories. 1 for humans, 1 for the Adamic race (the origin of Israel).

Upvote 0

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 for humans, 1 for the Adamic race (the origin of Israel).

What?

What is the alleged difference between "humans" and "the Adamic race"? Also, how is "the Adamic race the origin of Israel"? Adam was a GENTILE and so were about the first 2,000 years worth of men and women upon the face of the earth. In fact, there was no such thing as an "Israelite" until God changed Jacob's name to "Israel" and he begat his twelve sons who became known as the twelve tribes of Israel. Even then, "the Israel of God" is comprised of both believing Jews and believing Gentiles and it excludes all non-believers from both Jews and Gentiles.

Anyhow, for those who actually believe and adhere to the scriptures, the "man" or "'adam" of Genesis chapters 1 through 5 are all one in the same, even as I've already documented.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyhow, for those who actually believe and adhere to the scriptures, the "man" or "'adam" of Genesis chapters 1 through 5 are all one in the same, even as I've already documented.

The thread questions whether or not there was a pre Adamic race, presumably of some kind of 'mankind' or human like creatures.

I don't think the text eradicates that possibility.

I also don't think it's credible to present that the earth is only 6000 years old.

s

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The thread questions whether or not there was a pre Adamic race, presumably of some kind of 'mankind' or human like creatures.

I also don't think it's credible to present that the earth is only 6000 years old.

s

I agree and contrary to what my daughter thinks, I was not there from the beginning.;) I'm not sure exactly how things happened but I'm sure of this: We were meant to be here. May the following clear up the confusion.;)

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - From The Beginning - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bornofGod888

Feb 20, 2013
✟3,812.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

s

Why doesn't "the text eradicate that possibility" when Genesis chapters 1 through 5 are all talking about the one and same "'adam"? IOW, where is any "text" that actually introduces any other sort of "race"? There isn't one...

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why doesn't "the text eradicate that possibility"

Because it is only a presumption that the days in Genesis were only 24 hour days.

when Genesis chapters 1 through 5 are all talking about the one and same "'adam"?

We're talking the potential of a pre Adamic race and that potential is certainly attested to by carbon dated bone remnants.

IOW, where is any "text" that actually introduces any other sort of "race"? There isn't one...

The text attests to entire races of UNSEEN beings. Don't know how a person could read and actually miss that fact. In fact if we differentiated devils from Holy Angels that would be two different races or genus of beings, and possibly several others. And these probably pre-existed Adam as well.

s

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Which race was Adam?

I don't think "race" is the proper definition. Were they a specific line? Yes but as all races of mankind were created on the sixth day this man was taken from one in order to form a specific line....leading to the Saviour. They became Israel through Adam then Noah then Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

In identifying them, as far as skin tone....God tells us they were "ruddy."

Did Eve spiritually give birth to any believer?
As Christ is directly from her then anyone believing in Him would consider her their spiritual mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure :)

Genesis 2:1-3 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.

All things were made, including mankind, before the seventh day and mankind, all races, were created on the sixth day.
2:4-7 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Mankind had been created and yet..."there was not a man to till the ground" which symbolizes a specific man to plant God's seeds of truth in the world. So...He FORMED Adam, the specific man Adam for a specific purpose.

He does three things

Isaiah 43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

He counts two of those (created and made) on the seventh day

Then shows the forming part of the man and the separating out the woman from inside of the man.

Though likewise is Christ (the last man) formed in us even though we are created in Christ. Even as it speaks of a people yet created which were of a generation to come.

Could be something more just in the specifics of that which pertains to created, formed, and made, and what is counted on the seventh day and what is not

Reactions: HisSparkPlug
Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think "race" is the proper definition. Were they a specific line? Yes but as all races of mankind were created on the sixth day this man was taken from one in order to form a specific line....leading to the Saviour. They became Israel through Adam then Noah then Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

In identifying them, as far as skin tone....God tells us they were "ruddy."

Where does it say Adam was "ruddy"?

As Christ is directly from her then anyone believing in Him would consider her their spiritual mother.

The Scriptures plainly say that all those who believe have been born of the Spirit. Is Eve this Spirit then?

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit." John 3:5-6

PS. I know what you are attempting to do, but I'm afraid Matthew 12:46-50 is not going to work in this context.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.