Was the United States Declaration of independence unBiblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Agreed, but that does not take away from the legitmacy of the question.

Is doing what we did as a country, declaring our independence from tyranny, in keeping with Romans 13?

I would say most certainly, yes. I would say that many preachers use Romans 13 out of context, like how many preachers have used it to justify the war in Iraq as a sovereign move of God through our government officials and that we should not question its legitimacy. As if the war in Iraq was God's idea and how dare anyone say it was wrong.

I agree with what you have said about the passages in Rom. 13, it's about respecting the rule of law, but not having to agree with it. Lets not forget the many preachers use Romans 13 to justify capitol punishment. Oh we can go on and on with other examples too I suppose but suffice it to say, whenever a preacher or group of christians agree with a certain law they bring up Romans 13 yet when asked the question of whether the American revolution was a justified war, all of a sudden nobody remembers Romans 13. And lets not beat around the bush, the American revolution was mainly fought over taxation without representation, which to me does not inspire great feelings of honor and righteousness (human meaning) to the point of justifying a bloody war where many suffered and died.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I asked a friend of mine this question who is a Chaplain in the U.S. Army.

Here was his response...

That is a BIG negative Kimosabe. These guys cited some 27 Biblical violations of Natural Law and Natural Rights and CAREFULLY ESTABLISHED the DIVINE justification for a NEW Nation.

One of the most important parts of THAT GREAT DOCUMENT was the simple, yet eternal principle that RIGHTS come from GOD, NOT from MEN. That when any government usurps the GOD GIVEN rights of the governed; it makes itself a Tyranny, thereby usurping God Himself.

Romans 13 must be viewed as part of the FULL COUNSEL of GOD, not forgetting the great Exodus, Daniel, the Apostle Paul, etc. etc.

Hope this Helps.

A man of wisdom! God bless him.

John, can you learn from these 2 men while being ~interdepentent~ with them (T1 & The Joker) as a collective with them in ~the conversations~ today? :wave: Will you seek new ways of fitting together with these 2 wise men not just fitting in, John? :hug:

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed, but that does not take away from the legitmacy of the question.

Is doing what we did as a country, declaring our independence from tyranny, in keeping with Romans 13?

I would say most certainly, yes. I would say that many preachers use Romans 13 out of context, like how many preachers have used it to justify the war in Iraq as a sovereign move of God through our government officials and that we should not question its legitimacy. As if the war in Iraq was God's idea and how dare anyone say it was wrong.

I agree with what you have said about the passages in Rom. 13, it's about respecting the rule of law, but not having to agree with it. Lets not forget the many preachers who use Romans 13 to justify capitol punishment. Oh we can go on and on with other examples too I suppose but suffice it to say, whenever a preacher of group of christians agree with a certain law they bring up Romans 13 yet when asked the question of whether the American revolution was a justified war, all of a sudden nobody remembers Romans 13. And lets not beat around the bush, the American revolution was mainly fought over taxation without representation, which to me does not inspire great feelings of honor and righteousness (human meaning) to the point of justifying a bloody war where many suffered and died.

Intergreted connection, indeed. :clap:

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Many pulpiteers have used that to claim complete authority over the people in their club .

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many pulpiteers have used that to claim complete authority over the people in their club .

Well said. If these ~pulpiterrs~ are lawless (speaking as a gardener), God knows how to pluck them up by the root without doing any danger to the other plants which "He" has planted by choice. And He is going to have that done when He comes - at the last trump! Although, one will try to ~change~ holy laws but in the end - Jesus will suddenly destroy him when He returns with all the saints in heaven.

You have a wise heart, God bless you. :wave:

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What about the bill of rights, or the way its interpreted. Idolatry and blasphemy against God are considered legal in this country nowadays.
When were the days that it was ever not? :scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.