Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
According to Church history Paul was married once in his life! What do you think?

It's not noted in the Bible wether He was or not. He was an advocate for it and He also claimed celibacy.

It would had have been mentioned in some history as you said.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What do you think?
Church history is wrong an awful lot of times.
Right or wrong, this is what I found
searching for "It is better to remain single" >>>
1 Corinthians 7:8
Parallel Verses
New International Version
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to Church history Paul was married once in his life! What do you think?
He was a student/disciple of Gamaliel the great; who was the Rosh Yeshiva (schoolmaster) of the Hillel school of Pharisees. Hillel was Gamaliel's grandfather.

That was one of the 2 schools of Pharisees in Jerusalem. The other was founded by Hillel's good friend (who disagreed on most everything) named Shammai.

They both agreed to make a requirement for their students that they marry a daughter from a graduate of the other school. So for Saul/Paul to have been in Hillel's school, he would have had to be married at some point in his schooling, probably around age 14 or 15.

Since most of the Pharisees that gave OUr Lord trouble seemed to be promoting Shammai's doctrines (instead of Hillel's) it would be reasonable that his wife might want to have nothing to do with Saul after he became a believer in our Lord.

Upvote 0