get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And that would be for Armegeddon right?

no that's a way of yet, the soon to come gog war is how God shows Himself to israel and the world by destroying gog and his hoard, God does not wait until after the mill. just before the GWT to do this, that dosn't make sense.
That gog war is satans final chance at destroying Gods people. he fails yet again.

How the world someone could mention the Gog war being before the 1000yr period is beyond me
I never mentioned "the" gog war, I mentioned two.

Sounds like the doctrine of Dispensationalism :)

a full blown preterist knocking another doctrine, is a bit rich isn't it? ^_^

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I never mentioned "the" gog war, I mentioned two.

a full blown preterist knocking another doctrine, is a bit rich isn't it? ^_^
I do believe all of Matthew 24/Daniel is fulfilled. But then so do a lot of partial preterists. A Christian can believe in all of Matt 24 being fulfilled and still be an orthodox preterist I think. Not really sure

There is also confusion among partial preterists how much of Matt 24 is fulfilled. Did you vote on my poll here? :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7392923/
How much of Matthew 24 is fulfilled

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Ezekial 38 gog magog war cannot be the battle of armageddon.
The Ezekial 38 gog magog war has certain nations mentioned coming against Jerusalem, whereas the battle of armageddon has all the nations of the world involvedZechariah 12:3
Ezekiel 38:11 tells us that Israel will be a peaceful and unsuspecting people when the moslem coalition strikes. Could that be possible near the end of the Great Tribulation when all the nations are gathering to attack?
Israel will be burning weapons for fuel for seven years after the Ezekial 38 gog magog war, which also rules out the Ezekial 38 gog magog war being at the end of the millinium, as at the end of mill gog magog war comes the GWT judgment with the earth fleeing from the face of God, so no seven years to burn weapons.
The Ezekiel 38 gog magog war before the final years of tribulation – wrath involves certain nations.
Armageddon involves all the nations.
And at the end of the millinium gog magog war, satan has gog magog and all the nations involved again in his final last stand Revelation 21
After armageddon, satan is bound a thousand years, after the post mill gog magog battle satan is thrown into the lake of fire.
So those two battles are not the same one either.
Pre mill gog magog battle, armageddon and post mill gog magog battles all different events.
Pre mill against Israel, armageddon against Christ and His armies, post mill against the saints.

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I do believe all of Matthew 24/Daniel is fulfilled. But then so do a lot of partial preterists. A Christian can believe in all of Matt 24 being fulfilled and still be an orthodox preterist I think. Not really sure

There is also confusion among partial preterists how much of Matt 24 is fulfilled. Did you vote on my poll here? :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7392923/
How much of Matthew 24 is fulfilled

Some of Matt 24 was fulfilled, so does that make me a 'partial preterist'. Most of Daniel is fulfilled, all except the text outside of the 70 weeks prophesy. If people go in there with a metaphorical tweezers, and pick it to bits to use it as they think fit.. not a good idea, i do not think so, i cant see anywhere where they were told that they could go ahead and do that. To break up the 70 weeks.
It's simply that they took the 70 weeks and decided that it was not all fulfilled, because it says 'all vision' will be sealed up.. that might be reasonable, except that the angel is talking about Daniel's people.. (because that's what he said he was talking about) the historic Israelites that were exiled in Babylon, and the vision of those people was sealed up, with the arrival of Christ and the beginning of the Christian dipensation.
I think what we'r looking at, is in fact a devious method of creating an eschatology which can be used to support futurism and christian zionism. And as these things were concocted for everyone during the Counter Reformation, i for one am not going to open wide and swallow a big spoon of it, thankyou.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some of Matt 24 was fulfilled, so does that make me a 'partial preterist'. Most of Daniel is fulfilled, all except the text outside of the 70 weeks prophesy. If people go in there with a metaphorical tweezers, and pick it to bits to use it as they think fit.. not a good idea, i do not think so, i cant see anywhere where they were told that they could go ahead and do that. To break up the 70 weeks.
It's simply that they took the 70 weeks and decided that it was not all fulfilled, because it says 'all vision' will be sealed up.. that might be reasonable, except that the angel is talking about Daniel's people.. (because that's what he said he was talking about) the historic Israelites that were exiled in Babylon, and the vision of those people was sealed up, with the arrival of Christ and the beginning of the Christian dipensation.

I think what we'r looking at, is in fact a devious method of creating an eschatology which can be used to support futurism and christian zionism.

And as these things were concocted for everyone during the Counter Reformation, i for one am not going to open wide and swallow a big spoon of it, thankyou.
I don't blame ya :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And that would be for Armegeddon right?

How the world someone could mention the Gog war being before the 1000yr period is beyond me

Those, to me, are two separate events. Armegeddon is, I believe, a spiritual battle and forces are being gathered now. That gathering continues until the last day when the last vial is poured and "It is done." It is simply a spiritual gathering of those that follow Satan.
Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
The Gog mentioned is a literal battle and although there is another Gog battle that takes place at the end of the millennium, [Revelation 20:8] the first one, written of in Ezekiel, happens before the vial is poured and "It is done." The vials are all poured at the same time so all of this is happening at once.

The "valley of Hamon-gog" where the battle will take place isn't in the nation of Israel but rather is Russia with their allies fighting against the "house of Israel." The house of Israel being the lost sheep. They/we are today's Christians.

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

38:15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: And thou shalt come up against My People of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against My land, that the heathen may know Me, when I shall be sanctified in the, O Gog, before their eyes.'

38:21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all My mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
America, a nation "gathered out of many people," a nation that "dwells safely," a nation that has mountains in Alaska that have "been always waste," a nation that has always fought with it's brother....Jacob and Esau / America and Russia.

I believe that great battle will happen in Alaska.

Upvote 0

AmericanCatholic

See name above
Jun 30, 2008
✟8,825.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama is turning out to be the impetus and people are recognizing that fact.

Apparently, the Bush admin was prepared to take out Iran's facilities but now Israel is alone.

The purpose of the thread is, is this leading to gog war, hence the title, "War - gog on horizon?"

Actually, the Bush administration gave a stern "no" to Israel on attacking Iran's nuclear facilities.

This is not a question of survival for either Iran or Israel because neither really has anything to gain from attacking the other. Rather, it's a question of the balance of power which is potentially moving away from Israel. Given Israeli insecurities (inherited from the experiences of the Holocaust and the various wars with their Arab neighbors), it's easy to understand why this has become a major issue. And I'm pretty sure most Israelis are not fond of being a token in some Christian end-times game.

Upvote 0