Wanting more children when husband doesn't.

Donnamr3211

Aug 6, 2007
✟7,629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband is not a "Christian" and I am. I feel an overwhelming desire to have another child and he says he would if money was no object but with the economy the way it is he is happy with the ones we have. I want total agreement between God, me and my husband if we are to have anymore and have prayed for God to remover the desire if I am not to have any more but still day after day it is there and growing stronger. I will be 40 next month and not only desire another but feel slight urgency due to my age. Anyone have any words of advice? I totally Trust God to provide for our family and we by all means are not "broke" and have money in the bank and insurance. We us Fertility Awareness as birth control so he knows there is a chance we could make a baby. I would never lie to him and tell him it was safe if it was not but why do I have such a strong urge that if feel is almost a calling from God and he said no. AGHHHH, thanks for reading.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God wants you you to entrust you fertility to Him, but your husband needs to be on board, too. Since you feel God's tugging in this direction, you could also invite Him to foil the Fertility Awareness Method so you could continue with honest reporting as He does this. ;)

Upvote 0

Ashleen

Jul 25, 2010
✟15,143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your Husband said 'No'. Please respect his wishes. A child does not need the burden of being born unwanted. And please don't take this as rudeness, but you kinda sound like you are having a wee mid-life crisis. Are you bored? Or worried about turning 40? If God wants you to have another child it will happen- nothing can stop that, but what I picked up from your post was that you seem to be driven by your desire, not God's.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think in this case you have to be cautious because would another child build a wedge between you and your spouse? Would he be resentful of another baby? Also, one thing you have to think of too, is you will be almost 60 before this child graduates high school, and is pregnancy now going to cause a strain on your health overall?

Upvote 0