WalMart to sell biblical action figures

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-070717bibledoll,0,4192011.story

samson2_1353515m.jpg

The image is of a Samson action figure.

It doesn't say where and under what conditions the toys are produced. I would hope they are ethically produced.

I am not sure what to think of biblical action figures. It seems... Askew to me.

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I see nothing wrong with Bible action figures, as long as they are sold with an accurate (Biblical) account of their lives and actions. Keep in mind that some companies do make money from selling Bibles (I haven't verified this so correct me if I am wrong.) Which types of characters do Christians want their children playing with?

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think my concerns have already been covered in the posts above. So long as it is done ethically and Biblical principles and / or history can be learned from the products- I guess I am cautiously okay with it...

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think my concerns have already been covered in the posts above. So long as it is done ethically and Biblical principles and / or history can be learned from the products- I guess I am cautiously okay with it...
I wrote them and asked. I will post their reply here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SteveAtheist

Jun 28, 2007
✟8,812.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Keep in mind that some companies do make money from selling Bibles (I haven't verified this so correct me if I am wrong.)

There was an interesting documentary made in 1968 called Salesman that followed four door to door Bible salesman.

Plot outline: Four relentless door-to-door salesmen deal with constant rejection, homesickness and inevitable burnout as they go across the country selling very expensive bibles to low-income Catholic families.

I have seen the movie and they were certainly selling them for profit.

Here is a link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064921/

Upvote 0

RacismIsBad

Mar 17, 2007
✟3,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get Moses with "sea parting action."

Cool!

Then there's the Jonah in the whale's belly playset. Comes with bonus Pinocchio and Gepetto action figures.

Rad!

And now we have the Plague Playset! Relive the plagues of Egypt with your very own locust maker. Try out our new blood river mix! Add to water and watch as the neighbors flee in terror.

Wicked!

And the best of all baby Jesus with super halo action.

Where can I get it?

Get them at your Walmart, while these items are hot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
There was an interesting documentary made in 1968 called Salesman that followed four door to door Bible salesman.

Plot outline: Four relentless door-to-door salesmen deal with constant rejection, homesickness and inevitable burnout as they go across the country selling very expensive bibles to low-income Catholic families.

I have seen the movie and they were certainly selling them for profit.

Here is a link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064921/
Capitalism at its finest!

Upvote 0