Jun 25, 2005
✟17,176.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I sinned today and after I asked that that sin be forgiven, I started thinking about some Biblical concepts and the account of Jesus and Peter walking on water. I wanted to share my thoughts, and I believe this is the most suitable place in which to do so.

The Bible says, though we are in the world, we should not be of it. So, we are not to act and live according to the ways of the world, but to the ways of God. Though we live in the world, we are to be of the kingdom of heaven, which is governed by faith (trust in God). "Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith" (KJV). The world, contrastingly, is ruled by the law of fear; the world does not trust (have faith in) God. Furthermore, the world thinks it is self-sufficient; that it can exist without God, and therefore, the world is pride and sin for it is trusting in itself and not God. "For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1 Jo 2:16 (KJV).

It is so hard to be in the world, but not of it. Only Jesus was truly that at every single instant of life. All of us fall short of the glory of God! But, why is that? It is because life makes us blink and we realize exactly where we are, we fear, and we don't trust that God can handle the situation or protect us from the world. We think, then we become scared, and we sink because we doubt and loose our trust in the Lord. That is, I think, the point of the account of Jesus and His disciple, Peter, walking on water. Jesus walked on the water toward the boat in which his disciples lay, and they became scared. "But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" Matthew 14:27-31 (KJV)

The water represents the world; we can walk above it only if we do not doubt the Lord. If you sin, ask yourself when did you doubt Him! Most people think walking on water is a massive miracle, but we can walk on water just by living a Christian lifestyle: that is a miracle in itself! When we doubts, we begin to sink into the depths of the water and will drown in sin unless we take the hand, which is offered by Jesus. It is quite remarkable that people let that happen; they will begin to sink and not ask Jesus to save them. Jesus offers His hand, but they just keep going deeper. But, blessed are the people that walk above sin and the world; who walk upon the water, but neither acknowledge neither the water nor the wind.

The Bible says faith, love, and hope abide forever. I think that is because God radiates those three things. Just within that one account, I discover hope, see the importance of faith, and see the love God has for us.

God bless, Black_Ivy