Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, a must watch! I know we all struggle with our fleshly desires, but we must learn and strive to walk in the Spirit, to have the fruits of the Spirit so that our flesh does not rule us, but we can overcome and be new creations. I am so glad that Yahweh (God) is the healer and the restorer of our lives and hearts. We do not have to give in to our fleshly desires (no matter what they are) because He is our strength and He will satisfy our hearts and lives with His love, joy, peace, etc. Please ask for forgiveness and seek renewal if you do struggle with this, it can be a struggle everyday but when we strive to follow His Word and obey, He will give us the strength to do so and the more we strive each and every day the more we are transformed into a new creation and the more freedom we will have. :)

Note: This is a video of one of my friends (I asked her if it was okay to share).

Here is her description: "In this video, I share a small portion of my testimony about my old patterns with "love addiction", dysfunctional relationships, falling short in the area of purity, and how God is using all of my past for His glory today. I want to encourage you guys NOT to settle, to ALWAYS wait on God's best, and to keep the marriage bed PURE and undefiled regardless of your current relationship status. God bless!" Amy Denise

Last edited:

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But in all seriousness I want to listen to this person and ask for prayers as I believe in this modern computer world that this problem is more ramped than ever before and lots need the help. I myself am trying to get back in touch with the Spirit of Truth to help me in my journeys and I hope I receive It again as I want It and need It to do Gods will and I pray God pours It on me as needed.

Thank you for this thread.

Yes we all need the prayer, it is harder to avoid especially now days because of the internet, and even movies etc. But there is hope in overcoming this, and I am so thankful! Just keep reading His Word and meditating on it and praying for deliverance, it takes some time sometimes, but God will help us through! Yes I will pray for you and for others that might struggle with this! :)

Reactions: Nom De Guerre
Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I hear you but I am just that way, I cant help it any more than goth people being serious, I am a rock star but I am saved.

Still, sometimes it is best to keep some things to ourselves. You don't know what a person has gone through or not, if they were abused or not, it can hurt very deeply especially when it seems like someone is joking about it, so we have to be careful. :)

Reactions: MotherFirefly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you one of those Bethel/Hillsong/IHOP kind of people?

Um no? What does that have to do with anything. We are called to walk in the Spirit, not in the flesh

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness [inclined to lustfulness; arousing sexual desire],
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance [self-control]: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:19-26

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay. What does that phrase mean to you?

The fruits of the Spirit

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25

Reactions: Nom De Guerre
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The fruits of the Spirit

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25

The fruits of the spirit are attributes, adjectives. "Walking in the Spirit" is an action, a verb. What does it mean to engage with that action?

Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The fruits of the spirit are attributes, adjectives. "Walking in the Spirit" is an action, a verb. What does it mean to engage with that action?

When we walk in the Spirit we will have and practice the Fruits of the Spirit, we follow and worship God in Spirit and in Truth. I really don't know what else you mean.

Upvote 0