Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
So lately God has been teaching me about waiting. Everything I read lately in the Bible is about waiting. It seems alot of us have this issue too. I am also learning that everything has an appointed time. God is never too late and never too early. We however, can muck it up a bit when we tire of waiting, case in point Abraham. So what are you waiting for? How long have you been waiting? Are you tired of waiting? Have you tried to "help" God out? I think this is a BIG lesson for all of us. I think our lives would be alot better if we could just get this lesson down. I could be wrong, what do you think?

Reactions: songz777
M

Marycita

Oh I agree..it's a lesson that we all desperately need. We need to learn it so we let go of our control. Because let's face it, when we are in control, or try to be - it's just ugly...

and I'm waiting for a lot...but the two biggest things are Ellerslie (June 11th) and a spouse (but that's an ongoing thing ^_^)

And as much as I sometimes think I would, I wouldn't want it my way, even if I could "help" God out...because when things go His way, it's so much more than I could ever imagine or plan myself ...or dream and yeah....

eeeeeeeee

Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm waiting on a few things. Some important and some not so important. I know in due time it will come to pass, I'm prayerfully hopeful on that. However, i will say this: life in it's self is a waiting game. Even if you get what you are waiting for now, tomorrow something else will pop up that you have to wait for it. It's ongoing cycle and the only way we can get through it is trusting God and relying on His timing. He does know what he is doing, whether you believe that or not.

ETA: Sometimes waiting does get exhausting. And I think there is no recipe other than praying for strength, seek the face of God, and relying on not only God but those you love to get you through those periods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
honestly patience is not something I'm big on, and I think He's trying to cultivate that in me. I've been waiting years for my health to improve enough that I can think about going to school full-time or moving out. I think I'm nearly there, but it'll still take some time. It just makes me more impatient the closer I seem to get to that goal too :sorry:

I'll have waited 7 months by the time I meet the latest crush in person. And just some other things associated with that is driving me crazy, but every time I pray I hear Him say "wait". So I wait. Even trying to "help" Him along on that earlier and take things into my own hands to meet him failed. So I know this time around, and the way the doors opened perfectly, that this was a God thing.

There are also things in my home-life that I'm waiting to see worked out.

I know He's sovereign over all of this and it does give me comfort to know that, but at the same time... I just want to see resolution in my life. But the good in all of this is that it does force me to rely more and more on Him and see how helpless I actually am on my own.

Upvote 0

scotslad83

Mar 15, 2011
Scotland
✟15,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
honestly patience is not something I'm big on, and I think He's trying to cultivate that in me. I've been waiting years for my health to improve enough that I can think about going to school full-time or moving out. I think I'm nearly there, but it'll still take some time. It just makes me more impatient the closer I seem to get to that goal too :sorry:

I'll have waited 7 months by the time I meet the latest crush in person. And just some other things associated with that is driving me crazy, but every time I pray I hear Him say "wait". So I wait. Even trying to "help" Him along on that earlier and take things into my own hands to meet him failed. So I know this time around, and the way the doors opened perfectly, that this was a God thing.

There are also things in my home-life that I'm waiting to see worked out.

I know He's sovereign over all of this and it does give me comfort to know that, but at the same time... I just want to see resolution in my life. But the good in all of this is that it does force me to rely more and more on Him and see how helpless I actually am on my own.

I can relate a bit to what you say re: relationship there.
I took a real liking for one of the girls in our fellowship a few years back - was weird, I've know her since we were wee but it was like scales fell of my eyes and I was suddenly like - wow this girl is amazing.
Anyway, bit a friendship developed but in back of my mind I felt like God was saying "eh, you've not really committed this to me have you?" so I fought against that a wee bit til finally one Sunday I got the same sermon about obeying God. So I kinda tried to give up trying to have a friendship (or more with this girl) but still found myself trying to help God from time to time, but He just made sure I never saw her on Sundays, always just missed each other on facebook etc, til finally I was like ok, ok, I submit this. Finally properly submitted I finally to my amazement found that a deep friendship developed so very quickly between me and that Girl it was really amazing the way doors just flew open. I kept asking God if this was right and he kept pointing me along that path and to that girl, suddenly I could hardly avoid her all good and well and so I was like, right maybe I should ask her out? And again I felt that was pointed to in various clear ways so I did .... eh No was the answer not to worry stayed good friends for a while - then she shut me out -- Since then I too have been getting a lot of wait scriptures Psalm 27v14 being the main one but various others to back that up.
I must be honest tho, I feel crushed after the way things happened above, I really fell for that girl and the way things happened (like stuff I really just can't reason away) I really felt God was in it but well I just don't know now...
Have to try to find the patience to wait - just wish I knew who or what I'm waiting for...

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I'm waiting on a few things. Some important and some not so important. I know in due time it will come to pass, I'm prayerfully hopeful on that. However, i will say this: life in it's self is a waiting game. Even if you get what you are waiting for now, tomorrow something else will pop up that you have to wait for it. It's ongoing cycle and the only way we can get through it is trusting God and relying on His timing. He does know what he is doing, whether you believe that or not.

ETA: Sometimes waiting does get exhausting. And I think there is no recipe other than praying for strength, seek the face of God, and relying on not only God but those you love to get you through those periods.

BBM isn't that the truth! That's also a part of this instant society we live in, gotta have it now, now, now! And when we get that, it's on to the next want and so on and so on and she told 2 friends.....anyway I totally agree with you. Some days I'm better at waiting than others...today I'm OK with waiting :D

Upvote 0

Mainliner

Mar 15, 2011
✟7,685.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
How long have I been waiting? A long time. I am 35 and single; in fact I never even had a girlfriend. My shyness and lack of self-confidence around women has had consequences.

So many guys seem to get all of the lucky breaks, or they just make it all look easy. It's all so frustrating. I sometimes actually think God is punishing me by leaving me like this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Patience isn't hard when we know that what we desire will eventually arrive. I don't mind waiting a week for something to come in the mail because I know that it WILL arrive. I think what many of us struggle with is the fact that we're waiting for something that may never come. We're never guaranteed a spouse or a great job or really anything in this life. Waiting is twice as hard when you don't know if what you're waiting for will even arrive.

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

Shadolus

Saved By Grace
May 4, 2009
God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like to think of waiting as expecting. And I expect God to do great things in my life and through me. This is because I gave up trying do things my way and told God I'm all yours. And can I just say, there is no greater journey! It doesn't mean it will be easy, in fact at times I really want to give up, but like Er said, its about relying on Him constantly for strength, and guidence.

But back to the question. I suppose like most on a singles forum I'm expecting God for wife sometime in the future, and I expect it to happen in a really special way.

In the meantime I'm waiting or expecting God to use me to serve Him and reach out and love people. He's given me so many opportunities already and the journey with Him is something I wouldn't trade for anything. I know once I do get into a relationship with a women, my relationship with Christ and how I can serve God won't quite ever be the same, so I'm cherrishing this time.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been waiting a lot lately too. Doing so much at the same time, but waiting, and its so hard. I feel very scared at times that things are not going to be right again.

I just need to trust in the Lord, cause He has always helped me get through things.

This is my situation too. I think in a world where everything we want is within reach of a button, it's hard for us to not expect instant gratification from God. Waiting isn't easy for anyone, but I've wondered if it's harder now than it was even 30 years ago.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Patience isn't hard when we know that what we desire will eventually arrive. I don't mind waiting a week for something to come in the mail because I know that it WILL arrive. I think what many of us struggle with is the fact that we're waiting for something that may never come. We're never guaranteed a spouse or a great job or really anything in this life. Waiting is twice as hard when you don't know if what you're waiting for will even arrive.

Well we don't know if we are even going to wake up tomorrow or be here next year. That is the point. Even today on the way to work I'm listening to James McDonald and he's reading in Habakkuuk and he says "Are you tired of waiting?" And the answer is "wait some more". LOL. For me, some days are easier than others but apparently I really NEED this message from God right now. I'm not even sure WHAT I'm waiting for. Will I get married again? Will I ever get out of debt? Will my job last? IDK! The only thing I know for sure is God is in control and He hasn't let me down yet. And He also has NEVER answered a prayer the way I thought He would or should. But He does answer and I think it's more about trust than patience. JMHO. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
If I'm "waiting", it feels like I'm doing nothing.

If I'm actively seeking a relationship, it feels like I'm not being patient enough.

Lose-lose situation.

In your situation my pastor tells us singles to Live don't Look. God can bring 2 people together any way he wants so....IDK

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
How long have I been waiting? A long time. I am 35 and single; in fact I never even had a girlfriend. My shyness and lack of self-confidence around women has had consequences.

So many guys seem to get all of the lucky breaks, or they just make it all look easy. It's all so frustrating. I sometimes actually think God is punishing me by leaving me like this.

Leaving you like how? Shy? Seems he gave you the ability to change that if you choose. Scary yes, but it IS possible. I don't think he is punishing you and He did create you that way for a reason. Some times you gotta take risks in this life. Sometimes God would tell people to go someplace and sometimes He didn't even tell them WHERE they were going or what they should do once they got there. I think it was risky for them, but they followed what He told them.

Reactions: Blank123
Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Went on my first ChristianMingle date last night. It went ok but the chemistry just wasn't there for us. I walked her to her car, gave her a hug, blessed her goodbye.

I had the "waiting" blues later, I mean, it's not like I'm in my 20s and the whole world's before me. I wonder if I'll grow old and die alone. It felt so wierd to be with someone other than my ex. After 2 1/2 years divorce will my heart be healthy for the new. I felt fat-ugly-unloveable and I'm just as impatient as the next person. Hard to wait for marriage when you are older, time feels like you've got your back against the wall. And,Michelle, do you EVER think I'll marry and have that most important--SEX in my life again???lol

It was wierd. As I sat with this gal sipping my coffee I looked up out of the window and there before me was....the church I was married in. Like WOW, then very depressing. Impatient? YES, for life to happen again.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Patience are for doctors!

Wait, that joke doesn't work in writing.

I've been waiting for a while for some things. Years. It hasn't been until recently that I've learned that much of what is called patience nowadays is really just sloth and foolishness. Much of what I've been waiting for I could have just gone out and righteously sought. I feel like so much time wasted. Thanks, unskillful interpreters of the Bible!

Oh well, I'm not dead yet. Gotta get back to striving.

Upvote 0