United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I dont know what is wrong with me
I know am mentally unwell and my faith is weak...i have been going to AA for help with Drinking they talk about higher power and i got sucked in wanting to make my dead step dad my higher power and Jesus as my higher power also and new age belief
I feel i need to go to AA to help with my addiction
I have mental health problems as well mainly OCD PTSD and BPD as well as others
my husband and my family say am very child like with having toys and a blanket
i am scared of the dark scared of death , scared of aircraft going over the house
am very erratic going from one thing to another and having phases and not settling on things i feel i'll do anything that people say i have to do its gotten worse in the last few years when my husband married me it wasn't apparent and my husband is also my carer i cant have money just in case i buy things that will hurt me i have gone missing before am vulnerable adult i hear voices and see things as well
its effecting my faith scared am going to hell

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
You don't know what's wrong with you, but you listed a lot of things... so maybe you could clarify what you mean when you say you don't know what's wrong with you. Do you have a psychiatrist? Has he prescribed meds for you, and are you taking them the way he said you should take them?

Do you have a sponsor through AA? If so, be sure to call on her as you need to, for support. You also might want to call on a mental health outreach worker if you need some extra support. More than anything, pray... and seek healing. I don't mean the healing of salvation, but healing from your past, healing in your relationships, healing for your mind and personality.

See if you can find a therapy group near you. Look specifically for DBT (dialectical behavioural therapy). This is very effective for BPD. Also look for EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing). It is very effective for PTSD. By going through these therapies, you may be able to minimize the harm these diagnoses have in your life and your relationships. As you work through your stuff, the other more difficult diagnoses can be addressed more effectively.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are correct that you are "unwell". You do not go to hell for being sick. What you get instead is healed. I am praying now that God will make it known to you that He is healing you right now.

Have you thought of seeing a counsellor?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I know am mentally unwell and my faith is weak...i have been going to AA for help with Drinking they talk about higher power and i got sucked in wanting to make my dead step dad my higher power and Jesus as my higher power also and new age belief
i am scared of the dark scared of death , scared of aircraft going over the house
am very erratic going from one thing to another and having phases and not settling on things i feel i'll do anything that people say i have to do its gotten worse in the last few years when my husband married me it wasn't apparent and my husband is also my carer i cant have money just in case i buy things that will hurt me i have gone missing before am vulnerable adult i hear voices and see things as well

Step 1. No fiction. No movies, No videos no video games.No news.
Step 2. Read the Gospels, Read the Psalms. Find a good Christian book on the life of Christ.
Step 3. Watch Panda videos

Turn to the Light.

Turn away from the darkness.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i dont have a sponsor yet its only been lately that i have been going to AA
I see a dr every month and i see my psych every 3 months
i am on the waiting list for therapy
Am on a lot of medication there are times when am suicidal or i want to hurt myself
My husband keeps everything locked up most of the time i cant go out on my own its is very rarely that ill leave the house or go any where on my own
My husband is an atheist he comes to church with me every Sunday
i have blasphemous thoughts and i was abused by a priest who told me i was evil and that i am going to hell that scares me so much
in the past i have gone from one faith to Another i think it part to do with my OCD and the fact i think am going to hell
Sorry this dont make much sense
thank you all for replying to me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vespasia

Franciscan.
Site Supporter
Oct 15, 2004
Back
✟51,460.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Lily, if your known to your local CMHT do you have a named CPN you can talk to? [you should be able to find them listed on the print out of your care plan provided by your Psych] They should be able to put you in contact with your the MH Chaplaincy Team in your area. The chaplains and CPN's are very good at listening. They can listen whilst you wait for your turn for the therapy your Psych has recommended.

MIND in the UK is another good source of support too.

Even when your mind is in turmoil God knows your heart for God. God knows your fragile mental health can warp and distort how you see God. God loves [agape] you just for being you.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i know the NHS chaplains i have been seeing them for a while
i asked one of them if fallowing new age stuff ok and he said yes
so av still been following it something is telling me this isnt right
i think i did something wrong i think ithat i maybe possessed by the devil and i have been for a very long time
because i dont feel the love of Jesus the love of God
when i was abused things happened and i think they did something to me
i keep fighting the past i cant go to a priest as it was a priest who did this and am very scared of them
i dont know what to do....sorry

Upvote 0

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think i did something wrong i think ithat i maybe possessed by the devil and i have been for a very long time
i keep fighting the past i cant go to a priest as it was a priest who did this and am very scared of them

You are right new age stuff is bad and is probably one of the reason you feel bad. Dabbling in that stuff can open you up to demons. I know because I use to look at horoscopes and stuff like that. Also, my old church does Holy Yoga which is satanic. Some pastor do positive thinking which is also rooted in New Age. Pastors like Joel Osteen. He is one of them. You need to go to a bible-believing church to get healed. Priest and Catholics cannot help you with this.

Here is a link about it:
https://www.ewtn.com/library/PROLENC/ENCYC130.HTM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In the words of Jesus, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God (Matthew 22:29)." In this particular instance He was addressing a question about the resurrection, but the same principles apply when investigating any spiritual matter to apprehend truth about such matters, which is to know the Scriptures and the power of God.

First, I have been studying New Age doctrines as part of my comprehensive apologetic developments, and have come to discover that, aside from being in obvious contradiction to the Scriptural doctrines, they are entirely derived from variations of disguised satanic teachings. If you want to take the first step to relinquishing your confusion, I would begin by removing yourself from subjection to teachings derived from the author of that confusion. Secondly, do not heed the advice of any person, regardless of their professional position, who directs you towards sources which the Scriptures explicitly reveal that God detests (Deuteronomy 18:9-14) or you can expect to encounter the difficulties you are now. Do not forget that false prophets have existed all throughout history, and we have been forewarned that they will continue to emerge (2 Peter 2:1, Matthew 24:24) until the end of the present age (which is not "new" until Christ makes it new, Revelations 21:1).

As Paul also warned, "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths (2 Timothy 4:3-4)."

And as John also admonished:

"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world (1 John 4:1-3)."

If you have not already, then you need to submit your life to Christ, your Lord and your Saviour who bought you at the high price of His own blood for the redemption of your soul, and forsake these satanic practices which are throwing you into confusion. If you have submitted your life to Christ, then you need to forsake these teachings of the enemy of your soul and stop being lukewarm in your faith. The only reason you will have to fear the condemnation of the eternal removal of God's presence from you is if you continue in this lukewarm and honestly detestable lifestyle (Revelations 2:22-25). Subsequently, you need to study the Scriptures prayerfully and with trustworthy guidance from a person that presents Scripture as it is written in its context. With the habits you currently have of finding false teachers, I would highly recommend returning to this site to confirm frequently the doctrines you are being taught to compare them to what the Christian community here can present with demonstrable accuracy and consistency. I say this because I am honestly concerned for you with the situation you are in of being surrounded by heretical teachers.

I will be praying for you, but you need to wake of from your stupor of believing that you can serve two masters and not find yourself in the ordeal you are experiencing now. If you love this world and the things of the world, you will only make yourself an enemy of God and the love of the Father is not in you (1 John 2:15). Turn from these and towards Christ and the promise you have is that you will receive the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13) who will produce fruit in you if you heed His voice, to the inevitable result of peace, power, joy and soundness of mind (2 Timothy 1:7).

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Praying precious (((hug)))

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Well first when AA talks about a higher power they are saying in essence, God. So when they say 'higher power' you just put Jesus in there and you will be fine.

I think you know that it was not right to put in your step dad as your higher power, because that is only for Jesus. So just stop putting your dead step dad in that category and you will be fine. It was a mistake and now you have learned it was a mistake. God will forgive you, so ask God once to forgive you and He will. Only once though because God's Word tells us that God is fair and just to forgive us our sins, so you don't have to keep doing it, telling God you were wrong. He hears you the first time.

Since you know that you have mental health problems, you know where much of this is stemming from. Mental health issues affect one's thinking and how they perceive things. So you need to come to a place where you love yourself just as you are, because Jesus loves you just as you are.

There are many things wrong, but you have many things right. Know that Jesus is your best friend and you can tell Him everything. Every fear, every hurt and every joyful moment you have. Try to have as many joyful moments as you can. Celebrate the steps you take towards getting better, like you will soon be in therapy, that is wonderful!

God loves you. As long as you have Jesus with you, you have more than many others. Hold on to and cherish that.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i dont have a sponsor yet its only been lately that i have been going to AA
I see a dr every month and i see my psych every 3 months
i am on the waiting list for therapy
Am on a lot of medication there are times when am suicidal or i want to hurt myself
My husband keeps everything locked up most of the time i cant go out on my own its is very rarely that ill leave the house or go any where on my own
My husband is an atheist he comes to church with me every Sunday
i have blasphemous thoughts and i was abused by a priest who told me i was evil and that i am going to hell that scares me so much
in the past i have gone from one faith to Another i think it part to do with my OCD and the fact i think am going to hell
Sorry this dont make much sense
thank you all for replying to me
It sounds like your husband may be fairly supportive of you. Like he keeps your meds away so you cannot take too much and even though he is an atheist he goes to church with you.

Can you trust your husband?

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i have confession to make and am sorry that i said it
i am not getting therapy because the NHS have done all they could for with regard to my mental health i have treatment resistant meaning that no matter how much therapy i have its will not improve my mental health and the medication am on isn't effective to keep the things i see and hear from coming back
other words they cant help me . i have now thrown out all the new age stuff i dont read the bible very much as i find it hard to understand
I am starting to go to a bible study class tomorrow it could be helpful

I am sorry for lying i hope you all can forgive me
I trust my husband 100%
thank you all for replying to me and am sorry that i lied

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i have confession to make and am sorry that i said it
i am not getting therapy because the NHS have done all they could for with regard to my mental health i have treatment resistant meaning that no matter how much therapy i have its will not improve my mental health and the medication am on isn't effective to keep the things i see and hear from coming back
other words they cant help me . i have now thrown out all the new age stuff i dont read the bible very much as i find it hard to understand
I am starting to go to a bible study class tomorrow it could be helpful

I am sorry for lying i hope you all can forgive me
I trust my husband 100%
thank you all for replying to me and am sorry that i lied
Lily there are a lot of different kinds of Bible's around. When I was 14 yo I had a comic book Bible that I loved.

There is a Bible that you can understand, you just need a little help finding the right one for you. If you have a "Family Christian Bookstore" in your town or near it they have so many different Bible's from small children, to teens, to women's Bibles and every kind in between. You could even get a book on Bible Stories instead of a Bible itself if that is too hard for you.

Sometimes it takes an hour of looking to read a chapter and see if you understand it or not, but that's ok.

Don't be down on yourself, we all sometimes lie and it is so good that you are coming clean with your lie. That shows character that you can admit when you are wrong.

God bless you dearie.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
thank you for replying to me
i bought a bible that has pictures on it its easy to follow have started to read it
its helping me to understand what happened to Jesus and what happened to others in the bible i would read it right now but my husband has the kindle at the moment reading his own book
but am wanting to read it after he is finished with the kindle .
thank you again

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm119:50,52,92,93,107, Isaiah 61:1-3, Psalm 68:19, 2Corinthians 1:3-11, Psalm 115:3-8,
Psalm 107:41, Psalm 116:6-9, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 94:17-19, Psalm 142:2,3, Romans 15:13,
Psalm 121:1,3,7, Psalm 50:15, Psalm 34:6,17,18,19, Psalm 69, Psalm 37:24,39, Psalm 46:1,
Psalm 30:11, 31:6-10, Psalm 62, Psalm 6, Psalm 147:3, 4:16-18, 7:6, 12:8,9,10,
Lamentations 3:1-66

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thank you everyone for replying
yesterday my husband bought me a necklace with are stones and bought me more stones as well
he angry with me that i wasted money he says he cant take them back as he has not asked for proof of payment
he says there just rocks and will not do any harm

also i want to go to another church but my husband wants me to go to the one am at now acepting of me and my mental health issues he also say he sick of moving churches

my husband is very controlling will not let me have money
he said he dont want me to get anything that i'll hurt myself with he has the backing of my psych and dr

he has threated to leave me if i dont what he says

unsure what i can do am leaving this up to Jesus

Upvote 0