Aug 31, 2015
✟27,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you think visions/apparitions occur by God acting on the brain, or do they occur outside of the brains of those witnessing them? I'm just wondering, if someone starts taking antipsychotics and their "visions" stop, is that always proof that their experiences were delusions? Or is it possible that they were real and that it is possible to "quench the Spirit" with medication?

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think visions/apparitions occur by God acting on the brain, or do they occur outside of the brains of those witnessing them? I'm just wondering, if someone starts taking antipsychotics and their "visions" stop, is that always proof that their experiences were delusions? Or is it possible that they were real and that it is possible to "quench the Spirit" with medication?

keep in mind here that there are two sources of visions/apparations; God and satan.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think historically there has been a distinction between visions that only the one person could see (in the visionaries mind)
and visions that anyone present could see

really, everything we see is in our mind
look at a book of optical illusions for a while

for example
angels are always present
but we can not normally pick up on them

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think historically there has been a distinction between visions that only the one person could see (in the visionaries mind)
and visions that anyone present could see

really, everything we see is in our mind
look at a book of optical illusions for a while

for example
angels are always present
but we can not normally pick up on them

right. unless they pick you up and set you back on your feet after you've landed on your back on a concrete floor, (as if the floor was a trampoline mat)
or they keep your car from toppling over when you have to make a quick lane change move in traffic.

(both of those things happened to me, btw
i did not see the angels, but there's nothing else that it could have been except angels intervening in my life, to prevent injury or harm.)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
For those who have such things - the only answer to the question is time.
Do they unfold?
Do they 'see' things only one person would know about that they never shared?

God said He would send prophets and if the prophecy was false it wouldnt occur.
Also - it says in the NT there would be prophetic people.

So its time - to see just how it unfolds.

Upvote 0