Video: Watch what happens when a Catholic priest tries to pray the Rosary at a...

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This hardly compares to the KKK.

But it does show all that grand tolerance everyone keeps touting while speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

Tolerance only applies to those you agree with. That much is obvious.

The KKk parades periodically in a nearby town. Prayers are said from the stands.

More to do with going into a situation where you know a reaction is going to take place. These people are not going to like the Church. They aren't going to be nice to a representative from the Church.

I couldn't watch the whole video. Was there any physicality outside of bumping due to crowds?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see a difference between not having fear and putting myself into a bad situation. But, everybody will have their own opinions.
God calls us to sometimes do difficult things. That is why we are called a Body with different parts doing different things for the common goal of Christ the Head.

A lot of people don't want to go into bad neighborhoods at night to help the homeless & destitute but God calls them there.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
God calls us to sometimes do difficult things. That is why we are called a Body with diffeent parts doing different things for the common goal of Christ the Head.

There are stories of Jews going into the places where the Nazis would kill them and they were signing the Shema, our most important prayer. That is the kind of thing I think David speaks of. I don't hold any authority though. :)

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people don't want to go into bad neighborhoods at night to help the homeless & destitute but God calls them there.

Ah, I see. I'll put myself at risk to help people. I won't put myself at risk to put myself at risk, if that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am wondering who called for the video clip, and who decided that OBOB needed it in these threads?

Life can be such a theatre at times, everybody playing parts, masks for all.
I did. I put it here. Because quite frankly, I understand being suspicious or disgruntled or questioning. But I don't understand seeing a boogeyman behind everything Catholic. Especially a praying priest.

If you are going to be disgruntled or questioning, be sincere about it. But don't play the devil's advocate on a constant basis because anyone can do it. Easiest thing in the world to be the opposite of something.

I respect sincere questioning more than flat out dismissal of something or someone because that means you've already judged & convicted.

And... you don't know.

You just don't.

Question all you want but lets not sweep things under the rug either.

It's like those that fight for something as a Catholic but refuse to acknowledge what the Church teaches. It's not sincere.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, I see. I'll put myself at risk to help people. I won't put myself at risk to put myself at risk, if that makes sense.
Prayer helps people. I pray all the time in my mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Prayer helps people. I pray all the time in my mind.

Well, remember that my comment is more about the people. They missed a chance to do what I would have done in a similar situations; talk to the person. We're at our worst when we don't talk to each other. It's amazing how much better we treat people when we know just a bit more about them.

Thus the KKK reference. They aren't typically known for their desire to talk to those they hate.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, remember that my comment is more about the people. They missed a chance to do what I would have done in a similar situations; talk to the person. We're at our worst when we don't talk to each other. It's amazing how much better we treat people when we know just a bit more about them.

Thus the KKK reference. They aren't typically known for their desire to talk to those they hate.
Thats what prayer is for. Promote peace & open lines of communication. Soften hearts.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I did. I put it here. Because quite frankly, I understand being suspicious or disgruntled or questioning. But I don't understand seeing a boogeyman behind everything Catholic. Especially a praying priest.

If you are going to be disgruntled or questioning, be sincere about it. But don't play the devil's advocate on a constant basis because anyone can do it. Easiest thing in the world to be the opposite of something.

I respect sincere questioning more than flat out dismissal of something or someone because that means you've already judged & convicted.

And... you don't know.

You just don't.

Question all you want but lets not sweep things under the rug either.

It's like those that fight for something as a Catholic but refuse to acknowledge what the Church teaches. It's not sincere.
Now you're being a meanie.

My posts are sincere, my questions are too. My opinions are not as easily boxed as some on OBOB seem to think. I am neither a radical nor a traditionalist I am just a Catholic with faith in God and love for the Church he gave to us and a desire to see how others express their views when they differ from mine.

As for this thread, it seems like an attempt to provoke reaction ... the priest's march with the anti-chick-fil-a protesters while dressed in clerical garb and holding rosary beads was provocative, nobody can misunderstand that, it may have been other things too - for example, pious, prayerful, holy, good - but it was without question provocative and it did provoke a reaction.

Why anybody takes exception when the obvious is stated is ... well a little ...

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Certainly the sex abuse scandal in the Church is indefnsible, and the persons who commiteed those terrible acts along with those who shuffled them around have some inexcusable stuff to answer for - but most PRiests were not involved, so far as we know. While sexual assaults against children are widely under-reported, it's safe to assume that the vast majority of PRiests didn't rape andyone and most probably didn't even know that it was going on. The protesters in this case went below the line. The Priest had every right to be there and pray without being harassed.

<<<<<STAFF EDIT TO REMOVE QUOTED POST>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Certainly the sex abuse scandal in the Church is indefnsible, and the persons who commiteed those terrible acts along with those who shuffled them around have some inexcusable stuff to answer for - but most PRiests were not involved, so far as we know. While sexual assaults against children are widely under-reported, it's safe to assume that the vast majority of PRiests didn't rape andyone and most probably didn't even know that it was going on. The protesters in this case went below the line. The Priest had every right to be there and pray without being harassed.
Priest sex abuse rate same as average men.
Priests Commit No More Abuse Than Other Males - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Isn't that terrible? We tell our children, should they give into the temptation to touch or commit some other grave sin, that they must go into a private place and tell these men about their sin - and the men we're electing to give these positions to are no less likely on average to sexually asault our children than if we selected a random stranger off the street. The hands that consecrate the Eucharist are no less likely to be used to force a child into sex acts than anyoen else's.

Upvote 0

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isn't that terrible? We tell our children, should they give into the temptation to touch or commit some other grave sin, that they must go into a private place and tell these men about their sin - and the men we're electing to give these positions to are no less likely on average to sexually asault our children than if we selected a random stranger off the street. The hands that consecrate the Eucharist are no less likely to be used to force a child into sex acts than anyoen else's.
It's extremely terrible. Sexual abuse is the same as rape.

It is important, however, to dispel the notion that every Catholic parish has a 'Vatican-approved" child abuser messing up lives with children moving on a conveyor belt.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Thank you for inserting some common sense.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Was the camera man a neutral third party in all this, or was the camera man affiliated with either the priest or the picketers?

Was the priest praying alongside the picketers because he wanted to pray, or was he praying because he had brought a photographer and was trying to start a rumble?

I'm just asking this because obviously whoever posted this was sympathetic to the priest's position, interviewed him, knew his name.

And while I thought the behavior of the picketers was appalling, I think using the Rosary as a prop to start a fight and make a video showing how terrible the picketers are is appalling, too.

As far as the police go, I think that they needed to do what they did to prevent a larger fight from breaking out and to protect the priest.

So there you have it.

Who made the movie?

Upvote 0