New Jersey
Visit site
✟30,407.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ravenonthecross said:
Also, i've given some thought, and by veneration, do you mean like praying to/ or thru icons, statues or images or relics?
I think veneration consists of 2 things:
1. Asking the saint(s) to pray for you and others.
2. Looking up to them as model Christians, exemplars of strong faith and good deeds, showing them as examples of how to live the life of following Christ.

Upvote 0

AnnieG

Watering the Flos Carmeli with her tears
Aug 6, 2005
✟8,047.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
ps139 said:
I think veneration consists of 2 things:
1. Asking the saint(s) to pray for you and others.
2. Looking up to them as model Christians, exemplars of strong faith and good deeds, showing them as examples of how to live the life of following Christ.
I don't think that you actually have to address prayers to particular saints. The liturgy doesn't. Each and every collect on a saint's feast day is addressed to the Holy Trinity, usually to the Father, through Christ our Lord, in union with the Holy Ghost.
Another possibility to honor a saint is assisting at mass on his feast day. I'm going to do this on my patron saint, St. Ann's day. I also have her icon behind my character for this week. And I've also been praying a novena and other prayers to St. Ann, because I like these traditional devotions "of the simple people".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.