Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Most countries have their share of extremists. I imagine the Israelis are no different. But for them it's been necessary to take some extreme measures to survive in truly hostile surroundings. I think when folks are placed in violent surroundings they often do drastic things to live. I include both the Israelis and Palestinians on this list.

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Isreal is supposed to be a rock of offense to the nations in the last days.. I still think those who bless Isreal will be blessed..I think the Jews are still Gods chosen people. Look at His desire during the "time of Jacobs trouble, 144,000 jewish evangelists going out for them. It started there and it will end there with the battle of armageddon..Look at all the miraulous events with the six day war. These are not just things I made up, they come from God's word(except the 6 day war item)..Shalom..Kim
PS This all started back when Abraham and Sarah did there own thing..

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0
T

the_cheat

HisKid1973 said:
Isreal is supposed to be a rock of offense to the nations in the last days.. I still think those who bless Isreal will be blessed..I think the Jews are still Gods chosen people. Look at His desire during the "time of Jacobs trouble, 144,000 jewish evangelists going out for them. It started there and it will end there with the battle of armageddon..Look at all the miraulous events with the six day war. These are not just things I made up, they come from God's word(except the 6 day war item)..Shalom..Kim
PS This all started back when Abraham and Sarah did there own thing..

Even if Isreal holds some special place in prophecy, that doesn't make everything the country does right or just. They're perpetuating the ME violence, and I, for one, hold Israel to a higher standard than I do the dispossessed Palestinians, as the Isreali government is a properly organized national structure and should be able to check the violent urges of its citizenry...including its leaders. Israel has the power here, and now it needs to start using it in a humane and just manner.

Upvote 0

hannabl

Dec 8, 2004
Göteborg
✟8,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
the_cheat said:
Even if Isreal holds some special place in prophecy, that doesn't make everything the country does right or just. They're perpetuating the ME violence, and I, for one, hold Israel to a higher standard than I do the dispossessed Palestinians, as the Isreali government is a properly organized national structure and should be able to check the violent urges of its citizenry...including its leaders. Israel has the power here, and now it needs to start using it in a humane and just manner.

True

Upvote 0

Victory of the Cross

Jesus is the Word of God
Mar 3, 2005
✟41,510.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Death is always wrong, but when faced with a evil you must fight it or be overwhelmed by it. The Jewish people need to act like this to compensate for the In-Action of a Weak UN and double talking world, "Terror is wrong unless its done to Israeli's" is the same corrupt view of many in the world these days.

Upvote 0

hannabl

Dec 8, 2004
Göteborg
✟8,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Echuu Shen Jon said:
Death is always wrong, but when faced with a evil you must fight it or be overwhelmed by it. The Jewish people need to act like this to compensate for the In-Action of a Weak UN and double talking world, "Terror is wrong unless its done to Israeli's" is the same corrupt view of many in the world these days.

Oh... But if you read the article you'll se that no one said killing anyone was right.

Terror is wrong, when it's done against Israel as well. But that was not the point of the article.

The point was that sometimes when Palestiners (SP?) kill Israelis, Israelis respond by violating the human rights.

The pope cannot condemn one crime, but let the other pass in silence.

Upvote 0

MalcolmX

Jul 31, 2005
✟562.00
Faith
Catholic
I think if people saw the way the Israeli government treats the Palestinian people, they may change their comments because the news here is extremely filtered when it comes down to what really goes on in that region.

One of my friends has family in Palestine and the soldiers stuck guns in the face of him and his sister getting angry at them and getting ready to destroy their American passports because because they as Palestinians couldn't be American. And I won't even go into what happened in Jenin.

No one is saying the attacks on Israel are okay, but the actions the government takes are far too harsh and destructive towards people that are just trying to lead a normal life under occupation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chosen One

Jul 14, 2005
✟8,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
hannabl said:
The pope cannot condemn one crime, but let the other pass in silence.

Amen. This pope live in Germany during WWII- and saw the worst of atrocities. He knows them when he sees them- he isn't afraid to call a spade a spade.

This sort of even handedness will lead to world peace.

Upvote 0

tvaughan

Jul 31, 2005
✟148.00
Faith
Calvinist
Isreal is supposed to be a rock of offense to the nations in the last days.. I still think those who bless Isreal will be blessed..I think the Jews are still Gods chosen people.

In this context "Israel" means the Church, not a secular, non Christian ethnostate. If you are interested in the Christian perspective, the Chosen People are people out of every tribe, nation and language who's names were written in the Lamb's Book of Life from before the foundation of the world. There is a modernistic cult called Christian Zionism that you should be wary of.

Upvote 0

PadmeAmidalafan

Treasurer ,Senator, and Scribe of the RPG Republic
Jul 13, 2005
✟8,091.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
tvaughan said:
In this context "Israel" means the Church, not a secular, non Christian ethnostate. If you are interested in the Christian perspective, the Chosen People are people out of every tribe, nation and language who's names were written in the Lamb's Book of Life from before the foundation of the world. There is a modernistic cult called Christian Zionism that you should be wary of.

No Israel means the Jewish People. they are the Fig Tree, we are the Vine Grafted in, not replacing. :) replacment theology is a dangerous thing.

Reactions: Kelly
Upvote 0

tvaughan

Jul 31, 2005
✟148.00
Faith
Calvinist
No Israel means the Jewish People. they are the Fig Tree, we are the Vine Grafted in, not replacing. :) replacment theology is a dangerous thing.

You should at least get your metaphors straight. Fig trees and grape vines weren't grafted in NT times. The olive tree is used in the Scripture that you are mangling, as it was commonly grafted.

Oh, "replacement theology" is just a term invented by limited people to mock what the Church has been teaching for 2000 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victory of the Cross

Jesus is the Word of God
Mar 3, 2005
✟41,510.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
tvaughan said:
You should at least get your metaphors straight. Fig trees and grape vines weren't grafted in NT times. The olive tree is used in the Scripture that you are mangling, as it was commonly grafted.

Oh, "replacement theology" is just a term invented by limited people to mock what the Church has been teaching for 2000 years.

He may have got the wrong tree, true, but atleast he had the right teaching

Upvote 0

PadmeAmidalafan

Treasurer ,Senator, and Scribe of the RPG Republic
Jul 13, 2005
✟8,091.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
tvaughan said:

no need to be rude about it, i made a mistake i was in a hurry to go somewhere:)

Upvote 0