Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Protecting children from exposure to inappropriate and mentally damaging material is both citizens and governments responsibility.

The software to block this material is readily available to parents or anyone else who would rather not see it, along with the option of just not going to the sites, why should the state be involved? Why should the state have the right to tell me what software I must have on my devices?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,673.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Protecting children from exposure to inappropriate and mentally damaging material is both citizens and governments responsibility.
Protecting the welfare of children is very much the states responsibility. Otherwise we may as well do away with social services, custody orders, indexent exposure laws, etc

Do you have data that shows children exposed to inappropriate content are mentally damaged?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Protecting the welfare of children is very much the states responsibility. Otherwise we may as well do away with social services, custody orders, indexent exposure laws, etc

So you are not willing to allow parents assume responsibility for putting parental controls in their electronics?
Like the nanny-state, huh?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Oh, right... the poor, poor children we all pretend to care about... heaven forbid they see a nipple.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, right... the poor, poor children we all pretend to care about... heaven forbid they see a nipple.
Don't they spend the first year or two looking at nipples?

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So to protect the welfare of children (That you're saying is the Governments job now, don't back down on this now)
And reports like this from Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-secular-life/201408/does-christianity-harm-children

You'll have no objections to protecting Children from Religion right?

Upvote 0

kmrichard7

May 20, 2015
✟10,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yall are all funny.
If debating and providing support to back what Im saying would actually serve any point perhaps i would be inclined to "take the bait".

But an endless back and forth for no purpose is not what I had in mind for this afternoon. enjoy the battle with someone else.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yall are all funny.
If debating and providing support to back what Im saying would actually serve any point perhaps i would be inclined to "take the bait".

But an endless back and forth for no purpose is not what I had in mind for this afternoon. enjoy the battle with someone else.

So in other words, you have nothing to back yourself up?

I was exposed to inappropriate contentography at a young age, yet it did not harm me psychologically.

Anecdotal sure, but at least I provided something. Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are talking about the difference between inappropriate content and art. It isn't that hard a call.

oh and lets not forget how many times Christians destroyed statues or art that showed sex acts for being inappropriate contentographic over the milenium in temples.

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟987,884.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
So a depiction of an Orgy with a horse is Art or inappropriate content?

Neither - technically it falls under a division of Veterinary Science known as "Animal Husbandry".

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0