Using bank card instead of paper cash

Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LEAVENWORTH, Kan. — Police say a thief who tried to bust an ATM open like a giant piggy bank is lucky to be in one piece himself.
They say the 49-year-old pried an automated teller machine loose from a credit union early Sunday by using a stolen skid loader. Then, in a bid to break open the 3,000- pound cash machine, the man used the skid loader to drop it down a 50-foot wooded embankment.
When the ATM fell, the skid loader and the thief plummeted right along with it. The man was found trapped inside the skid loader; his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
:doh:http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_11066333
The government should tell banks to have no more ATM machines to avoid accidents to people who think winning lotto is a long shot and take their chances on the ATM machine when nobody is around. The credit card or EFTPOS bankcard is the safest way to use money to buy goods or pay for services. If using credit card, people would have to use online banking to transfer cash from savings account to credit card account. Bank teller errors and theft are reasons to use internet banking. :liturgy::cool:

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
He totally has a bodily injury suit on his hands! Double in fact - Sue the bank for unsafe ATMs and the equipment rental company for a faulty skid loader. Score!
:cheer:

Who here has enough faith in the legal system they would be surprised if he won such a suit?

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How about we tell the people,
The ATM is not a computer with massive amounts of money in a cardboard box.
The Atm is a safe, with a computer to hand out money. You might be able to rip the atm out of the wall, or off the floor, but the hard part is cracking it.

Upvote 0

PantsMcFist

Trying to get his head back under the clouds
Aug 16, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
✟16,177.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
re: OP

I'm not sure going higher tech is safer when it comes to money - plus it usually costs more. I have a debit card, which is for emergencies only. I would never dream of using a credit card. I found that taking out one big lump of cash at the beginning of the month is easier than using a card for groceries and gas, and saves at least $20 a month in service fees.

Upvote 0

ErinBear

Jan 4, 2009
Reno,NV
✟7,688.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In my oppion ATM cards are OK in some ways then cash, but cash might be better in other ways. Cash can be good because when you are at a store buying stuff or other things you would not have to worry about lossing your money. Sometimes people have lost there cards at a pupblic place. And people can very easy use your card for other things and then you would be charged for service fees or other things that you did not do. So i think cash is better.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my oppion ATM cards are OK in some ways then cash, but cash might be better in other ways. Cash can be good because when you are at a store buying stuff or other things you would not have to worry about lossing your money. Sometimes people have lost there cards at a pupblic place. And people can very easy use your card for other things and then you would be charged for service fees or other things that you did not do. So i think cash is better.

If I loose my Card the most I can loose is $50 (And that is sometimes waved)
If I take out Cash for the month & Loose that, I loose it all, and can't recover it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PantsMcFist

Trying to get his head back under the clouds
Aug 16, 2006
Manitoba, Canada
✟16,177.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If I loose my Card the most I can loose is $50 (And that is sometimes waved)
If I take out Cash for the month & Loose that, I loose it all, and can't recover it.

So don't take it everywhere with you. Take what you need for the day.

Upvote 0