Jan 12, 2007
✟134,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Constantine was the Roman emperor who legalized Christianity, made it the state religion and sent his mother, Helena, to the Holy Land to find Christ's cross (which was a success!) and she also had many cathedrals built there. He is also my saint!

I was going to go with just Constantine, but it was taken. :(

I didn't realize that I could have spelled it somewhat Slavic style as Konstantine!

Upvote 0

DavidBryan

El indigno siervo de Dios, el lector David
Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
✟15,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
David. It's Hebrew, as in the King, means beloved. He's my patron saint.

Bryan. It's Irish--no direct link with a saint, though there is a possible link with a Brioc somewhere along the line--means strong one.

Upvote 0

Akathist

Theology Team
Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Akathist means "standing" such as "standing in prayer" or more accurately, "a prayer one stands for".

About Saint's. Converts often pick their own. I chose Xenia of Rome because she is honored within a month of my birthday and because when I read about her I felt a connection.

Over time, St. Xenia of St. Petersburg is someone I have also felt a strong connection to as well.

It was frustrating when I was first looking at Saints names, for I felt a strong connnection to "St. Nectarious of Aegina" but couldn't figure out a feminine version of his name. I ask him daily for his intercessions even though I didn't take his name.

So, I am the "handmaiden of the Lord, Xenia" when I receive the Eucharist. I wish more people in my life would call me "Xenia" but most people just can't seem to remember, or even don't want to call me by my Christian name.

Upvote 0

Anatole

Apr 23, 2007
✟23,067.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My patron saint is St. Anna , mother of the Most Holy Theotokos. I picked her because my husband and I were married on July 25, and that's the Repose of St. Anna. The way I picked my CF name was, I first put Anna as my username, but someone already had it. So I decided to look at my fasting and saint calendar book and whatever saint name I saw first, I would pick that saint. So St. Anatole is now my CF saint. If anyone knows anything about him I'd love to know his story. His commemoration day is April 26.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Akathist, I know a nun named Nektaria.

I play the euphonium. So ufonium is my hooked-on-phonics version of that. The word "euphonium" is actually Greek (means "nice sound") but I doubt I was one of the Greek names alluded to by the OP.

As far as saints go, mine is Angelina, but my name is the anglicized version, "Angeline." It's a family name, brought from the old country (Alabama :) ). It should be noted that some parishes are much more into saint's names than others. At my parish, nobody is called by their saint's name, unless it happens to be the name they go by normally. In fact, on our annual directory update forms where we put birthdays, anniversaries, etc., after the "name" blank there's a thing that says, "Saint's name (if known)___________." But I've been to parishes where everyone went by their saint's name, so there's lots of variance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.