Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Holmes, S. Sabbath to Sukkot - Rest to Restoration Facebook access PDF Format to read online or to download Free eBook

Read about the Biblical sources and intentions of G_d in setting the Feast Days by downloading, or reading. 'Like' the group page to enter into discussion with others on the book content and related issues.

CF will not allow the link to show (maybe I have too few posts to allow me to do it), but go to the group page Sabbath to Sukkot on Facebook to find the link.

ADDED: See the next post (102) for the link to take you direct to the correct FB page

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,055.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
the link to the facebook discussion group on the biblical festivals is at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123610037987419/

From there you can also download the book in full. I encourage everyone to join the group, discuss and sharew with like minded people and make it a happy central hub for all things relating to the biblical festival days.

Steve

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
I am enjoying your book...

I didn't know this...

The popular Christian magazine, Christianity Today ran an interesting article in August of 2008. The article was entitled, ‘The 30 day Leviticus Challenge.’47 The author of the article, Daniel Harrell based his experiment on another book called ‘The Year of Living Biblically.’48 In the article, Daniel challenged himself and a substantial number of people from his home congregation to attempt to integrate the teachings of Leviticus into their everyday lives. They did not follow the rulings established by the Jewish Rabbis, but they did seek to take the text and find ways of applying it to themselves. When the ‘experiment’ was over, many of them found they were unable to let go of the things which they had learned through doing rather than reading. James hits the nail right on the head when he states that faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 49 excuse me.

I wonder what happened to those people who did the experiment.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not a book, or a web-site, but an old Messianic hymn.

If you look at the wording of the well known, if old, hymn 'Glorious things of thee are spoken', written by John Newton, and read the words carefully, you will see that this much loved Church hymn is really in line with Messianic Judaism, and even has a touch of Romans 11:17 at the start of vs 3. The hymn ends, as it starts, with Zion, but adds in Zion's children who, of course, are not Gentiles, but are Jews, in this context.

Now I've pointed this out all the BDS denominations will ban it, I'm sure

If you want to debate this issue please start another thread and leave this one for "information only" purposes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Following a comment in a thread about a Chronological Bible, the following book

The One Year Chronological Bible NIV
by Tyndale (Author, Contributor)

is available as a bought Kindle ebook, or a physical copy, and can be 'peeked at' on the Amazon website. It is, essentially, a Bible intended for being read in one year, but may also be useful for the claimed chronological layout.

Please note: this is NOT a recommendation. Make sure it meets your needs before buying either version.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The link below is self explanatory:

spme.org

new-logo.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Interlinear Scripture Analyser for free

Greek / Hebrew interlinear Bible software - overcome the language barrier and get in touch with the original scriptures. This is not an academic program, though a 'Pro' version is in the making. It will, however, be useful to some who want to read better the languages of scripture.

isa3.exe now available - since July 2015 - but isa2.exe is better and can also be downloaded for free. The Pro version when it comes out will not be free

(Available in English, German and Dutch)

www.scripture4all.org

BTW some security programs throw a wobbly about this program but it has sat on my computers for several years with absolutely no problems at all with Norton IS (2015).

Last edited:
Reactions: cyberlizard
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ideal site for all those out of print, or just old, Jewish books - whether you are buying or selling

http://www.jewishusedbooks.com/

"Jewish Used Books & Online Judaica Bookstore
Welcome to Jewish Used Books online Jewish bookstore. We are the best place to find used books by your favorite Jewish authors, used jewish-english seforim, Jewish music, rare and antique Jewish books, and any Judaica online. If you are looking for Jewish gifts or that rare Jewish book that is out of print, browse through our huge selection of Jewish Literature, Music, Lectures, and Seforim. We are a treasure-trove of Judaica and you never know what you may find. Hundreds of people each day visit us to find the best-priced, most unique selection of Judaica online and we are confident that you will be satisfied with our collection. If you come to us looking for something specific, we will be happy to find it for you. We carry antique Judaica and also buy your used Judaica, music, and books. Whether is yiddish books, hebrew novels, or Jewish books for children, we are sure you will find the right item. We even carry Menorahs! When you want a unique Jewish gift or hard-to-find Judaica, remember Jewish Used Books - offering you the best value and the greatest selection of used Jewish Books and items available"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Search facility for academic papers, journals, books, doctoral theses, etc.

Offers facilities for creating an online bibliography, reading list, via a free account.

http://www.worldcat.org

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,055.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
issue 2 of journal of the jesus movement in its jewish setting is now available.

contents:

The Concept of Religion and the Study of the Apostle Paul

Paul, Synagogues, and Associations: Reframing theQuestion of Models for Pauline Christ Groups

Ekklēsia as a Jewish Synagogue Term:Some Implications for Paul’s Socio-Religious Location

‘A Remnant of Them Will Be Saved’ (Rom 9:27): Understanding Paul’s Conception of the Faithfulnessof God to Israel

Jesus Followers in Pompeii: The Christianos Graffito and “Hotel of the Christians” Reconsidered

Between Polemic and Propaganda:Evoking the Jews of Fourth-Century Antioch

The Jewish Gospels: The Story of the Jewish Christ- A Review Article

available at: http://www.jjmjs.org/issues.html

Steve

Upvote 0

J Michael

Cave Dwelling Curmudgeon
Sep 28, 2015
People's Republic of Maryland
✟12,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, folks...I'm brand new here and trying to figure things out. There is a plethora of posts to read and I thought I'd start with this thread, hoping to find a beginning point, so to speak. So far, though, that's eluded me (or perhaps it's me that's eluded it :)!).

So............can someone suggest just one or two or three books about Messianic Judaism for an ignorant old git like myself to begin with? I some knowledge of traditional Judaism and some knowledge of Christianity, mostly in it's Eastern (Orthodox or Eastern Catholic) manifestations. So, if there was just one or two books you'd recommend for a beginner....I'd really appreciate it! Harbei todhot!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, folks...I'm brand new here and trying to figure things out. There is a plethora of posts to read and I thought I'd start with this thread, hoping to find a beginning point, so to speak. So far, though, that's eluded me (or perhaps it's me that's eluded it :)!).

So............can someone suggest just one or two or three books about Messianic Judaism for an ignorant old git like myself to begin with? I some knowledge of traditional Judaism and some knowledge of Christianity, mostly in it's Eastern (Orthodox or Eastern Catholic) manifestations. So, if there was just one or two books you'd recommend for a beginner....I'd really appreciate it! Harbei todhot!

Hi there, on the first two pages there are several books that introduce Messianic Judaism, or explain and compare it to Christianity and / or Judaism. The books by Dr. David Stern might help but, of course, it depends on the level at which you feel comfortable reading about these things.

Other posters may suggest other material.

Upvote 0

J Michael

Cave Dwelling Curmudgeon
Sep 28, 2015
✟12,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the reply. I looked over the list even before I ever joined the forum and, while there are lots of books there to choose from, none seem to come with any kind of recommendation thereby making the list long but not particularly useful for me. I was hoping someone would be able to say something like, "Hey, if you're just starting out learning about Messianic Judaism this (or these) book (or books) ______________________ are the best and most comprehensive place(s) to begin." So, if you or others have some suggestions......PLEASE suggest!:)

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Jul 1, 2015
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What level reading are you willing to look at - overview, specific areas, academic material, or other?

Are you looking to buy the books, in which case you need, perhaps, cheaper books to read, or e-books?

I'm asking just to be sure I can try and meet your need, and not point you to something with which you are not happy.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the reply. I looked over the list even before I ever joined the forum and, while there are lots of books there to choose from, none seem to come with any kind of recommendation thereby making the list long but not particularly useful for me. I was hoping someone would be able to say something like, "Hey, if you're just starting out learning about Messianic Judaism this (or these) book (or books) ______________________ are the best and most comprehensive place(s) to begin." So, if you or others have some suggestions......PLEASE suggest!:)

Hello J Michael,

This may be a place for you to start.

Introduction to Messianic Judaism: Its Ecclesial Context and Biblical Foundations
This book is the go-to source for introductory information on Messianic Judaism. Editors David Rudolph and Joel Willitts have assembled a thorough examination of the ecclesial context and biblical foundations of the diverse Messianic Jewish movement.

And it is available in both paperback and kindle formats. You can also look inside to get a good idea for yourself. Click on the link and it will take you to Amazon where you can read more about it as well as get an idea from the many reviews on it found there.

It features art work from the Jewish artist, Marc Chagall

51spxowasfL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Upvote 0

J Michael

Cave Dwelling Curmudgeon
Sep 28, 2015
✟12,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello J Michael,

This may be a place for you to start.

Introduction to Messianic Judaism: Its Ecclesial Context and Biblical Foundations
This book is the go-to source for introductory information on Messianic Judaism. Editors David Rudolph and Joel Willitts have assembled a thorough examination of the ecclesial context and biblical foundations of the diverse Messianic Jewish movement.

And it is available in both paperback and kindle formats. You can also look inside to get a good idea for yourself. Click on the link and it will take you to Amazon where you can read more about it as well as get an idea from the many reviews on it found there.

It features art work from the Jewish artist, Marc Chagall

51spxowasfL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
^ That looks like just the kind of thing I'm looking for! Many, many thanks, Lulav, and many blessings!!

Upvote 0