jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“Little said is soonest mended.” GEORGE WITHER

Words of Jesus found in Luke 19:26 KJV, share this with me…….

“For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.”

A first glance this scripture verse seems unfair to me. It reminds me of statements like “It takes money to make money,” and, “The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.” I remember when I first became a Christian how verses like this one seemed to leave me puzzled as to the real meaning. That is because I was reading the Bible with new spiritual eyes that did not penetrate beyond the ink and paper. I have heard it said that reading the Bible is like mining for diamonds. In South Africa they found diamonds lying on top of the ground and they thought this was truly a gift. Then they began to dig and found an even better quality diamond. As they dug deeper the diamonds got better and better. The spiritual riches of the Words of God have many layers. Some verses I find are easy to dig into and find richer meanings, and others require prayer, study, time, and the changing of circumstances to find the richer meanings.
In the parable that Jesus spoke where this verse is found it is told of a nobleman who went to a distant country to receive a kingdom. Before he left he gave his ten servants each an equal sum of money. Upon returning after receiving the kingdom he commanded his servants to come to him and bring the money that they had earned. They were to have been investing and trading with the money he had given them. Some did well with their investments and were rewarded with position and responsibilities in the kingdom their master had received. Others did fair and were also rewarded according to how much they had earned with the nobleman’s money. And then there was this guy who was afraid of the nobleman because he knew that the nobleman had a reputation of using people and taking what was not his. So, he hid the money in a napkin for safekeeping, and when the boss showed up he gave it to him. This was not good in the eyes of the boss and he took the money and gave it to the guy that was the most productive with what was given to him. Seems unfair doesn’t it? After all the guy didn’t loose what was given to him, he just didn’t use it. That old saying of “Use it or loose it” fits this scripture. As I dig below that first level of diamonds I can see where God has given to each of us a “measure of faith.” The apostle Paul told us this and it can be found in Romans 12:3. It comes down to what we do with what God has given us. In the program of Alcoholics Anonymous we have a saying that states, “You’ve got to give it away to keep it.” As long as I reach out to other alcoholics and give what was so freely given to me, I keep getting sobriety, serenity, fellowship, support, respect, and most importantly love. In the Word of God I am learning to be patient and dig deeper for the better diamonds. How many layers of diamonds are there? I don’t know. You tell me. I do know that as I dig, God does for me what I could not do for myself……………….JRE

“Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33 KJV

“We should not seek material things first, but seek spiritual things first and material things will come to us, as we honestly work for them. Many people seek material things first and think they can then grow into knowledge of spiritual things. You cannot serve God and Mammon at the same time. The first requisites of an abundant life are the spiritual things: honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love. Until you have these qualities, quantities of material things are of little real use to you.”
HAZELDEN……………..Twenty-Four Hours A Day