1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Government: We have a lot of oil

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by HerbieHeadley, May 15, 2012.

1. AceHero

AceHero Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Yes, but those taxes go to improving and keeping up the infrastructure. In America, we want nice things but aren't willing to pay for it.

At the same time, people shouldn't be forced to "drive until they qualify" and live in a home that's an hour away from work just because that's the cheapest they can get.

No one is saying you have to take it. But transit does need to be improved to the extent that it is a viable alternative to the car. No one should be forced to drive a car.

It's cheap gas that changed people's lifestyles in the 1950s. Suburbia is based on the premise of cheap oil, and no matter what the government does, lifestyles are going to change, because gases prices will continue to go up.

2. Panzerkamfwagen

Panzerkamfwagen Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Christian
    The reason that mass transit works, in, for example Germany, is because those people are all crammed into an area like the size of Montana.

3. AceHero

AceHero Veteran

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Yep. Density sure can be efficient. Another thing we're not very good at.

4. Panzerkamfwagen

Panzerkamfwagen Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Christian
    In my experience, large cities are not very good places to live. There's one or two cities that I could consider living in, but they are both less than 10,000 people.