Update on husband's job situation...pleas pray

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hubby talked with folks at DOE (Dept. of Education) or schools or something like that, trying to get the exact time that his fingerprinting that is in the "pending" time really is. The lady said it's backlogged for 17 weeks. In a little over a week, he will be out of his current job with nothing. He told the lady he just whizzed away $100 for the app and all and for nothing. He's been sending out resumes to companies all over this city and an adjacent city up north. Nothing has come back. No phone calls or anything. :(

The lady referred him to the fingerprinting guy. The guy told him he's got 20,000 cards (fingerprinting cards from ppl) waiting to be processed. Troy told him his situation and that a couple of schools are already interesting in bringing him on, but the guy said even if he tried to speed up the process, it would still take a couple weeks for that and then subsequent weeks for passing it on to the appropriate ppl that are handling that. Ugh. :( I'm getting on the net right now to look for some work that I can maybe find.

Please continue your prayers. They're much needed. Thank you all.

Praying....:prayer:

James 1:1-8

Trials and Temptations

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Psalm 13

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My husband just texted me that he has a phone interview with a company here in CO Springs on Thursday! This is the first call back or response to anything he's applied for since last November! Please pray his interview goes well!! :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, all! I thought 30 hrs was pretty good. I was thinking it was more like 20 hrs a week. If ever his fingerprinting stuff goes thru and depending on the work day times, if he got hired as a substitute teacher, he could fill in for that here and there. It's a good thing. :). This is good for us that this job goes through September. Can't share what our plans are right now, but will when I get info, but we needed something through mid to end of summer, so this would fit in perfectly! Thanks again for all your prayers!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hubby had actually two phone interviews today! The first one was the one from our bank. He was passed on to a live interview for this coming Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. He also had a conference interview with a couple of folks who are part of the firm/company he is currently still with (until tomorrow). Won't know for a few days whether he got either one, but we would prefer the latter because it's full time and good benefits and pays well. What's cool is both of these positions are supposed to go through to mid September. This is good news for us...but can't get into the specifics on that yet, either, because that stuff is still up in the air or uncertain at this time as well. THANK YOU ALL for your prayers. Please continue to pray for my hubby on these positions! May His Will be done!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
GREAT NEWS! Troy talked to his supervisor earlier about the talk with the gal from the VA office on this job (he doesn't relocate there for it. He would work here), and his supervisor called their boss because the gal from the VA told him she would like to support him 100% for this effort, which is for 6 months! It goes through mid September!!! And he'd stay with his current company. He talked with his boss (the gal over his supervisor...both of which are great bosses) just a few minutes ago via IM through their business's chat/conference software, and she said they were halting his lack of work processing and already has gone to the top and will have it fixed by tomorrow morning. She said congratulations! GLORY TO GOD! GOD IS GOOD! THIS IS SO PERFECT for what we need to do now through the end of the summer! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! We are SO happy! :clap:

Upvote 0