Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Continuing to pray Dot. Just out of curiosity, have you guys considered relocating or is that not an option? Sorry if that's already been asked in this thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yes, we have. A couple months ago when he first got the news of suggestions of looking around because his employer is struggling to get contracts. He applied for a few jobs in different states. Never heard back from them. Back in November, he did get a call from a company who saw his info through mutual site for retired military and were interested in him maybe working at the small AB in MA. Problem was, they didn't get the contract and nothing else was coming down the pike at that time. Figured that wasn't to be. God has a plan for him for a job, but don't know which or where at this time. We just keep trying to follow His Will, and hubby is applying for whatever he can.... Cooperating with his grace, as we see it. :)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What dose he do for work specifically? The base I am at has a good amount of contractors and I can look around.

Well, he said he doesn't want to go the base contracting direction. He's in the process now of applying for substitute teaching per our priest's wife's suggestion. She's a teacher. Years ago, he had an Interest in teaching. It happened after he was an instructor at the Red Horse unit in FL.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there any way we can have a phone conference and I can talk Troy out of it!? LOL^_^:p:D:o

Well, he said he doesn't want to go the base contracting direction. He's in the process now of applying for substitute teaching per our priest's wife's suggestion. She's a teacher. Years ago, he had an Interest in teaching. It happened after he was an instructor at the Red Horse unit in FL.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is there any way we can have a phone conference and I can talk Troy out of it!? LOL^_^:p:D:o

^_^ It would only be a temporary position, so he wouldn't be chained to the job or anything. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hubby talked with folks at DOE (Dept. of Education) or schools or something like that, trying to get the exact time that his fingerprinting that is in the "pending" time really is. The lady said it's backlogged for 17 weeks. In a little over a week, he will be out of his current job with nothing. He told the lady he just whizzed away $100 for the app and all and for nothing. He's been sending out resumes to companies all over this city and an adjacent city up north. Nothing has come back. No phone calls or anything. :(

The lady referred him to the fingerprinting guy. The guy told him he's got 20,000 cards (fingerprinting cards from ppl) waiting to be processed. Troy told him his situation and that a couple of schools are already interesting in bringing him on, but the guy said even if he tried to speed up the process, it would still take a couple weeks for that and then subsequent weeks for passing it on to the appropriate ppl that are handling that. Ugh. :( I'm getting on the net right now to look for some work that I can maybe find.

Please continue your prayers. They're much needed. Thank you all.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hubby talked with folks at DOE (Dept. of Education) or schools or something like that, trying to get the exact time that his fingerprinting that is in the "pending" time really is. The lady said it's backlogged for 17 weeks. In a little over a week, he will be out of his current job with nothing. He told the lady he just whizzed away $100 for the app and all and for nothing. He's been sending out resumes to companies all over this city and an adjacent city up north. Nothing has come back. No phone calls or anything. :(

The lady referred him to the fingerprinting guy. The guy told him he's got 20,000 cards (fingerprinting cards from ppl) waiting to be processed. Troy told him his situation and that a couple of schools are already interesting in bringing him on, but the guy said even if he tried to speed up the process, it would still take a couple weeks for that and then subsequent weeks for passing it on to the appropriate ppl that are handling that. Ugh. :( I'm getting on the net right now to look for some work that I can maybe find.

Please continue your prayers. They're much needed. Thank you all.

Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.