Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All I expect is someone willing to put up with watching documentaries on bigfoot and lake monsters and ghosts. And interested in discussing literature, philosophy, and theology. And comic books. She also has to like art and museums and theater. Oh, and if she were also a Steeler fan...:love2:

All absolutely reasonable. :D

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh yes, I do.

-Must LOVE cooking and grilling. And when he walks in the door after a long day at work he looks me in the eye and says "baby, you go sit down, I want to make a gourmet 7-course dinner for you"

-Is absolutely disinterested in animals to the point that anyone talking about their pets, we look at each other and do our secret smirk about pet lovers

-Is so smart that he makes Ken Jennings look like an idiot but humble enough that he asks me to help him with the budget

Ok, so not really. I tried to take real desires of mine (likes to grill, doesn't like animals, is smart) and then go over board.

I think everyone has shallow things they want in a mate. And that isn't bad. As long as that "want" is kept in perspective.

(My non-negotiable shallow quality is that he must hate Napleon Dynamite. If we couldn't agree on that, there is no hope)

Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All I expect is someone willing to put up with watching documentaries on bigfoot and lake monsters and ghosts. And interested in discussing literature, philosophy, and theology. And comic books. She also has to like art and museums and theater. Oh, and if she were also a Steeler fan...:love2:

All absolutely reasonable. :D

I love crypto-zoology, the paranormal and museums, especially natural history and art museums!

Reactions: crishmael
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:sigh: When you have everything in common with someone, and they act like you don't exist, it says "you're not good enough for me" so clearly. Cause there's absolutely no other reason they wouldn't like you.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yes, I do.

-Must LOVE cooking and grilling. And when he walks in the door after a long day at work he looks me in the eye and says "baby, you go sit down, I want to make a gourmet 7-course dinner for you"

-Is absolutely disinterested in animals to the point that anyone talking about their pets, we look at each other and do our secret smirk about pet lovers

-Is so smart that he makes Ken Jennings look like an idiot but humble enough that he asks me to help him with the budget

Ok, so not really. I tried to take real desires of mine (likes to grill, doesn't like animals, is smart) and then go over board.

I think everyone has shallow things they want in a mate. And that isn't bad. As long as that "want" is kept in perspective.

(My non-negotiable shallow quality is that he must hate Napleon Dynamite. If we couldn't agree on that, there is no hope)

wait wait wait...are you imlying that...there are people out there .....that actually..... ?LIKE? Napoleon Dynamite?!:confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
:sigh: When you have everything in common with someone, and they act like you don't exist, it says "you're not good enough for me" so clearly. Cause there's absolutely no other reason they wouldn't like you.

:sigh:
The obviously that person doesn't deserve you and is not right for you. Keep to your expectations and desires. God hears you. He will be brought to you someday and then you'll realize why all the other ones never worked out. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does anybody else have unreasonable expectations for their partners/future partners? I expect telepathy and a one-track, that track being what makes me happy, mind. Anybody else?
No but I wonder if I secretly, in subconscience do because with everything else in life, I don't certainty...with women, I seem to think I do and it is utterly foolish and stupid to me but I can't shake it. I am trying to by living differently. It is working out fine so far, just as probably living the old way would have with someone else. I just like having uncertainty better. I am a better man with uncertainty.

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
But anywho, Yes I do. He must be irish or willing to speak in an irish accent whenever I see fit. AND he must own a castle. ANNNNNND he must love me.
Sooooo you want to be Amy Adams in Leap Year? And a time machine? :p

(Don't ask how I saw this movie.)

Upvote 0