Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
he must be a mind-reader. Also he must have the ability to create real money out of thin air. Also he must be able to fly. I've always wanted to go to Italy.

seriously though... no. no unreasonable expectations. I just want him to be a suitable match for me romantically, emotionally and spiritually.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetDee
Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Does anybody else have unreasonable expectations for their partners/future partners? I expect telepathy and a one-track, that track being what makes me happy, mind. Anybody else?

Yes. I expect a lot as a spiritual partner. I, sometimes, think that I need to lower the bar there... but I know that wouldn't make me happy (because it hasn't in the past; even with love, it wasn't enough). I need a good challenge and a lot of men aren't up to that challenge. Growing together with someone, for me, means physically, emotionally, spiritually... it's just too much to ask, perhaps.

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
now as far as impossible additions to my list, I would like:

-her to cook like my grandma
-love the history channel and such
-and enjoy discussing theology and history and random trivia
-also she must like washing dishes and doing laundry.

;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
now as far as impossible additions to my list, I would like:

-her to cook like my grandma
-love the history channel and such
-and enjoy discussing theology and history and random trivia
-also she must like washing dishes and doing laundry.

;)

I love doing laundry. I like the sound, the smell, everything. It is by far the greatest household chore. Dishes, however, I'd sooner just get new ones

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love doing laundry. I like the sound, the smell, everything. It is by far the greatest household chore. Dishes, however, I'd sooner just get new ones

my point exactly.... I always find females close to perfect....and then BAM one flaw. ;):p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty sure mine are unreasonable for 98% of guys in the world lol.

Intelligent
Abstract thinker
Has ambition
Doesn't mind animals (including invertebrates, rodents and farm animals)
Is health conscious
Active and in good shape
Likes outdoor activities like hiking, biking, running, surfing etc
Likes to travel
Is environmentally conscious
Is not from an Abrahamic faith (atheist, agnostic, deist, pantheist, pagan, buddhist are all acceptable)
Enjoys reading
Not wishy washy or whimpy

Upvote 0

phina

Mar 28, 2011
Qld, Australia
Visit site
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Im a single girl, but not looking for the one because I know God would cause our paths to meet in his time, not mine lol! It took me a while to understand that one, I assure you hahar! oh well, yah live and learn.. and then laugh! :)

Anyways, there was once a list of what I expected to have in the man/husband of my dreams. It's reduced over the years and now it's come down to just one expectation! That he is to love God more than anything, anyone incl me!

Everything else will fall into place with that one expectation! I am definately believing for it!

To all those that are waiting on God's time for a partner.. I am sure the wait will be worth it in the end! <3 xx

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I have a lot of expectations but without them I really can't bring myself to care much for the person, and it's not like I don't fill any of them myself.. Most likely the woman will need to be taught some of these things, and in time I hope she teaches me a few things.

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My expectations are not unreasonable individually, but I have a list of like, 30 godly characteristics, along with another 8 personal preferences. I started praying for a husband in detail, that if God sent me someone that met EVERY ONE, that I'd know. I thought it was impossible, yet the funny thing is.... God sent him to me. :)

AND I have friends that I've known for years, who have known him for years that can confirm that he is all of that. That's the best part. I'm not just looking at him with love-stricken eyes. They agree that he is all of those things too.

Unreasonable? Maybe.... Impossible? Not at all. Nothing is too difficult for God.

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0