Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes true....but in the context of the scriptures found in Matthew 12, mark 3, and Luke 12, he Admonished the scribs and pharisees for there words not there actions.....I believe the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a certain type of sin...I mean it would have to be seeing when it is committed there is no forgiveness of it!!!! I certainly do not think it can be committed at the snap of finger.....It's not blasphemy againts God or Jesus but blasphemy againts the Holy Spirit. I mean Matthew 12:32 says he that speaketh againts the Spirit will not be forgiven in this world or the world to come.....after explaining what the unpardonable sin was in Matthew he went on to talk about the tounge and that which overflows the heart will come out of your mouth.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Jason...I did not use the dictionary...I used the Bible. And the Bible clearly shows that blasphemy is NOT just words. You can choose to accept that or not. But that is the simple truth of the matter.

Let is also be noted that there is no Hebrew word for blaspheme. There are several other concepts that were translated to the Greek/English concept of blaspheme. The verbs "curse" (qalal ), "revile" (gadap), or "despise" (herep) are used with God as the object and are what are translated to blasphemy. With those the verb could be committed verbally or through action.

Nehemiah 9:18 talks about the Isrealites making the golden calf. It says they committed "blasphemies" and the literal translation would have been "acts of contempt"

And you need to keep reading what I had written within my post. For I pointed out that the Pharisees had insulted Jesus in regards to His miracles. Yet, we know that Jesus did these miracles by the Holy Spirit. So we know they were insulting the Spirit. That is the context that is in view when Jesus says that a person will not be forgiven in this life or the one to come (i.e. the Millennium) when they blaspheme (speak bad words) against the Holy Spirit. For...

"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things." (Matthew 12:35).

Upvote 0