Dec 14, 2005
UK
Visit site
✟15,154.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
UK-Greens
The universe is space-time and perhaps some seven other curled up dimensions smaller than atomic nuclei ,but the point about God is that He's time-less ... without space-time, creator , not created ... time is not possible for the timelessness of God and yet He conceives it ,and thus it 'exists within the 'imagination' of God ... thus our spirit is simply the imagination of God exploring the impossibility of time as if God could be in time... time by its finiteness and decay is thus seen to be impossible for immortal unlimited spirit ... thus it is a serious mistake as scripture points out, to imagine God in terms of things conceived of in our universe , or even as the whole universe :-

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Upvote 0

timlamb

Senior Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Entiat Washington
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The universe is space-time and perhaps some seven other curled up dimensions smaller than atomic nuclei ,but the point about God is that He's time-less ... without space-time, creator , not created ... time is not possible for the timelessness of God and yet He conceives it ,and thus it 'exists within the 'imagination' of God ... thus our spirit is simply the imagination of God exploring the impossibility of time as if God could be in time... time by its finiteness and decay is thus seen to be impossible for immortal unlimited spirit ... thus it is a serious mistake as scripture points out, to imagine God in terms of things conceived of in our universe , or even as the whole universe :-

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
I agree. We want to paint the "afterlife" with images from our minds and it does't work. The result of leaving this life is to leave time and mas as we know them. There will be many dimentions we will step into.

This is where I think the universalist is making a great error. everything changes when we cross the physical line. To those who have used what He gave them, much will be given (How have you used your time?) To those who have not used what they were given, what they have will be taken away. John chapter 1 explains how to become a child of God. if you die as a child, brother of Christ, you inherit what He has and we will be made like Him and we will see and experience in all these dementions of true reality, infinite reality. Those dead in their sins will not recieve a place in other dimentions and what they have will be taken away, like time and mass. A spirit in endless existance, tormented by the presence of Satan.

Of course I speculating, but we underestimate what happens when we are changed, or not changed, and the idea that your step into eternal being is not permenant is fool hearty. Scripture does not speak of any holding cells, don't bet eternity on it, chose now to live.

Upvote 0
D

debbieboutwell

timlamb,

A spirit in endless existance, tormented by the presence of Satan.

Of course I speculating, but we underestimate what happens when we are changed, or not changed, and the idea that your step into eternal being is not permenant is fool hearty. Scripture does not speak of any holding cells, don't bet eternity on it, chose now to live.

Wow! Where, in the Bible, do you see that one is tormented in the presence of Satan?

On the contrary, I can show you where the unrepentant is tormented in the presence of God, the angels and the Lamb of God.

And, if all are going to be drawn to Christ, that punishment can't be endless. There are about 10 Greek word denoting endlessness and none of them are used to refer to the punishment of humans. Thank the Lord.

Let me ask how you would feel to find out all will eventually be restored to God?

Reactions: Soul Searcher
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.