Universal Truth's...?

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Neogaia777. One of the greatest, if Not the greatest, is:
What you sow you will reap. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: The first and great Commandment is: " Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
The second is like it; love thy neighbour as thyself."
In verse 40, we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. Change from being selfish and unloving, to be loving and caring, kind and always friendly.
Help us all to change this imperfect world, to a world where God rules and, and Jesus died that we might live. Let us all follow Jesus our Saviour, back to our Father in Heaven.
Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us: " ask and you shall receive,"
there we ask for Love and Joy, thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. ( all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) Unless we try, we shall never know the great and loving change, which God has in store for us.
I say this with love, Neogaia. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We all astral project, which is spirit travel, this is also putting yourself in someone else's, or something else's shoes...

Our spirits in us could be eternal, or some very close to it, (wicked, disobedient spirits)... And could go through a recycling of some kind connected to the theory of re-incarnation, past lives, other incarnations of yourself, though not yourself, but the spirit(s) in us...

I think their is some truth to the theory of Karma, Biblically...

Yin and Yang, could be some truth to that also, biblically, a "double-minded" man, or our dual nature in Psychology... The two angels on top of the Ark of the Covenant...

Anyone think of others?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I find the attempt to harmonize the theory/law of Karma with Christianity to be of little benefit, and possibly dangerous. I can only imagine that Christians who would do so are doing it from an ignorance of what the principles of Karma are, and are unknowingly practicing a form of syncretism - and that's the best case scenario. Worst case, they end up traveling into the realm of heresy.

Surely we are knowledgeable enough as Christians to understand that reincarnation is not Biblical. So before we can even attempt to integrate Karma into Christianity we have to throw away that major part of it. But there are other problems with Karma other than the reincarnation bit. The general idea of Karma is that our actions create some sort of invisible metaphysical "pool" of either good karma or bad karma, and those "pools" have power and influence over our future experiences. Thus, people who do more good and are able to accumulate good karma will have better things happen to them in the future, and vice versa.

The problem is that the underlying principle of Karma is also not Biblical. Consider Job. Job was an upright and righteous man. Karma would not be able to explain what happened to him. Consider all of the Apostles who were martyred for their faith. Surely devoting one's life to Christ and sharing the Gospel would have generated the greatest amount of karma - yet they were all persecuted, abused, and ultimately killed for their faith.

The stark reality of Scripture is that we exist to glorify God. We aren't promised happiness, wealth, or good results from our behavior. We are actually warned that to be followers of Christ makes us enemies of the world. The entire meta-narrative of Christianity stands diametrically opposed to the meta-narratives of the eastern religions that embrace the concept of Karma.

There is no good or beneficial reason for Christians to attempt to adopt Karma into our worldview. The principles of karma - its foundation - is incompatible with Christianity.

Following from that, the previous comments about how children perform a form of Astral Projection when they call themselves Batman or Superman is utterly absurd and shows a complete ignorance to what Astral Projection actually teaches.

The general idea of Astral Projection is that a person, either consciously or sub-consciously creates an out of body experience where they essentially leave their physical body and are capable of traveling through the world/universe in their Astral Body (or soul). This is so far away from what my 5 year old son does when he runs around the living room saying he's Superman. I can only imagine that the person who would compare these two is either totally ignorant to what Astral Projection really is, or they have no children. Though both is probably the more likely case.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The "spirits" in us, or the spirit we are of, does not, and actually cannot "die" but is eternal, it or they may get re-incarnated, but our "souls" which makes up a big part, (but not "all") of "who we are", does die or ceases to exist...

The big question is, how much of us is spirit, and how much of us, is the soul...?

And are those born of the spirit more or less of the spirit than others...?

Can you be more of less of the spirit within you...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟914,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The "spirits" in us, or the spirit we are of, does not, and actually cannot "die" but is eternal, it or they may get re-incarnated, but our "souls" which makes up a big part, (but not "all") of "who we are", does die or ceases to exist...

There is no such thing as re-incarnation in Christianity and no, the soul does not die when our bodies die.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There is no such thing as re-incarnation in Christianity and no, the soul does not die when our bodies die.
Only the parts of the soul, that were in connection or union with the spirit, continues on...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I find the attempt to harmonize the theory/law of Karma with Christianity to be of little benefit, and possibly dangerous. I can only imagine that Christians who would do so are doing it from an ignorance of what the principles of Karma are, and are unknowingly practicing a form of syncretism - and that's the best case scenario. Worst case, they end up traveling into the realm of heresy.

Surely we are knowledgeable enough as Christians to understand that reincarnation is not Biblical. So before we can even attempt to integrate Karma into Christianity we have to throw away that major part of it. But there are other problems with Karma other than the reincarnation bit. The general idea of Karma is that our actions create some sort of invisible metaphysical "pool" of either good karma or bad karma, and those "pools" have power and influence over our future experiences. Thus, people who do more good and are able to accumulate good karma will have better things happen to them in the future, and vice versa.

The problem is that the underlying principle of Karma is also not Biblical. Consider Job. Job was an upright and righteous man. Karma would not be able to explain what happened to him. Consider all of the Apostles who were martyred for their faith. Surely devoting one's life to Christ and sharing the Gospel would have generated the greatest amount of karma - yet they were all persecuted, abused, and ultimately killed for their faith.

The stark reality of Scripture is that we exist to glorify God. We aren't promised happiness, wealth, or good results from our behavior. We are actually warned that to be followers of Christ makes us enemies of the world. The entire meta-narrative of Christianity stands diametrically opposed to the meta-narratives of the eastern religions that embrace the concept of Karma.

There is no good or beneficial reason for Christians to attempt to adopt Karma into our worldview. The principles of karma - its foundation - is incompatible with Christianity.

Following from that, the previous comments about how children perform a form of Astral Projection when they call themselves Batman or Superman is utterly absurd and shows a complete ignorance to what Astral Projection actually teaches.

The general idea of Astral Projection is that a person, either consciously or sub-consciously creates an out of body experience where they essentially leave their physical body and are capable of traveling through the world/universe in their Astral Body (or soul). This is so far away from what my 5 year old son does when he runs around the living room saying he's Superman. I can only imagine that the person who would compare these two is either totally ignorant to what Astral Projection really is, or they have no children. Though both is probably the more likely case.
Anytime you imagine yourself or project yourself to be something that you are not, or is not you, you are (astral) projecting...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟914,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Only the parts of the soul, that were in connection or union with the spirit, continues on...

All of the soul is connected to the spirit. They are always together. Furthermore, in Greek and Hebrew the definition of soul is identical to the definition of the spirit. That tells us they are virtually the same with no difference given in scripture of definition aside from having two different names.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
All of the soul is connected to the spirit. They are always together. Furthermore, in Greek and Hebrew the definition of soul is identical to the definition of the spirit. That tells us they are virtually the same with no difference given in scripture of definition aside from having two different names.
Scripture says that the soul is in the blood and the blood doesn't continue on, only the spirit does and they are not the same either...

The Soul...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟914,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Scripture says that the soul is in the blood and the blood doesn't continue on, only the spirit does and they are not the same either...

I'm afraid scripture does not say that and being in the blood doesn't equate to being blood anyways. The soul and spirit are conjoined and only the word of God could separate them and that's used as an exaggeration of how "sharp" the Word is not that the soul and spirit are literally cut apart by scripture.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Anytime you imagine yourself or project yourself to be something that you are not, or is not you, you are (astral) projecting...
If that's what you honestly believe is Astral Projecting, then you have utterly no understanding of that idea. Even Wikipedia has a better grasp on it than what you're suggesting.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟948,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If that's what you honestly believe is Astral Projecting, then you have utterly no understanding of that idea. Even Wikipedia has a better grasp on it than what you're suggesting.
Call it whatever you want, being "empathic" some call it, simply projecting, in new age, "astral" projecting, it's all pretty much the same, and your wrong, I have a better grasp on it then even Wikipedia does, there still trying to catch up... They have yet to unify them or realize that it is all pretty much the same...

It is one of the hallmarks of Schizophrenia, which I have, also how I know...

See here: Want to know more about Schizophrenia...? My experience(s)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums