Dying to Live
Feb 18, 2007
✟9,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jerry
If two can't walk together lest they agree, then how close is our walk with Him if we are believing things that are not The Truth, which He is? ...In order to walk with The Truth you must agree with The Truth. This is why many in the Church today question their Relationship with Him.

Not saying that is you, just an observation.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand what your saying, and believe it or not I actually agree. After all there is nothing new under the sun right?
And like Jugghead, I also would like to apologize if I have been harsh in my answers towards you, patience is something I don't always walk in.

As far as UR is concerned, I would just like to say that it did not come easy for me to accept. There were all those scriptures that literally out right contradicted this new idea. And I struggled with them for a long time. But through the yrs. it has become more obvious to me, that the reason for that struggle was because those same scriptures when I read them was preconceived in my mind already as to what they meant because I was raised in the Pentecostal Church and taught from a very young age of what they meant. And this was very hard to shake off, and receive anything new that The Spirit was trying to show me. But when I come to realize that God is not out to destroy the man, but everything IN the man that has opposed himself and separated us from Him, that's when all those opposing scriptures came into balance.

We have no idea how strong our preconceived images and thoughts are when we read those scriptures, until we allow Him to strip us of them, it is the very thing that keeps one from receiving The Truth.
Well the orthodox view is not that God is out to destroy mankind or any individual, but that He is out to save each of us from ourselves. So from my view at least, it would appear there were other fundamental issues with what you heard in that Church - and probably much of it based on scaring people straight. Not a good ploy.

Upvote 0

jugghead

Growing
May 25, 2015
Smyrna, TN
✟24,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If men have no respect for the authority of the Father and they have no respect for His law, they will take advantage of the kindness and the forgiveness of sins by the Father and continue in the way of sin. They think they can do anything and get away with it if they are going to be saved anyway, but that is to their own destruction .... they sacrifice a pure unadulterated relationship with Christ for the temporary satisfaction of the flesh. This is why I believe the truth has to stay hidden until God calls them. Respect for His authority and law have to come before the truth (Christ).

Faith comes first, then respect for His authority and law, then the truth in forgiveness, we see this in the timeline of His word ... Abraham, the law through Moses, then Christ being sent. Faith is given, the law is given and then Christ is given, if any one of these is missing we do not have the items inside the ark of the covenant inside of us.

If men do not even have respect for the lawmakers and the laws of men, there is no way we can even expect them to have respect for the Father's authority and His laws. Thus, why the religious system stays intact, they teach men to have respect for God's authority and respect for His law but there are a lot out there that abuse this authority.

I hope this was clear enough for anyone to understand and out of respect for you DrBubbaLove, I now see that you are not of those that abuse the authority you have been given.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If men have no respect for the authority of the Father and they have no respect for His law, they will take advantage of the kindness and the forgiveness of sins by the Father and continue in the way of sin. They think they can do anything and get away with it if they are going to be saved anyway, but that is to their own destruction .... they sacrifice a pure unadulterated relationship with Christ for the temporary satisfaction of the flesh. This is why I believe the truth has to stay hidden until God calls them. Respect for His authority and law have to come before the truth (Christ).

Faith comes first, then respect for His authority and law, then the truth in forgiveness, we see this in the timeline of His word ... Abraham, the law through Moses, then Christ being sent. Faith is given, the law is given and then Christ is given, if any one of these is missing we do not have the items inside the ark of the covenant inside of us.

If men do not even have respect for the lawmakers and the laws of men, there is no way we can even expect them to have respect for the Father's authority and His laws. Thus, why the religious system stays intact, they teach men to have respect for God's authority and respect for His law but there are a lot out there that abuse this authority.

I hope this was clear enough for anyone to understand and out of respect for you DrBubbaLove, I now see that you are not of those that abuse the authority you have been given.
Thanks for that.

Agreed, but will add that I think it is true with His help (we call it an application of His Grace on us), we can better maintain our respect for His authority - but it no guarantee and we still frequently succumb to our fallen nature. So from our view, it is a cycle. We fall, our ashamed and repent for what we did, ask for forgiveness and start again. A cycle we believe we can reach the end of this life in the wrong stage (fallen without having repented) and would thus be destined for an eternity in Hell.

The difference, as it goes to this UR in this thread, is that we say our access to His Grace and His forgiveness stops as far as His cleaning us up, that ends when our life here ends - and the UR person must be suggesting it goes on for those who did not "get the lesson" in this life so they continue same process in Hell.

Upvote 0

jugghead

Growing
May 25, 2015
Smyrna, TN
✟24,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for that.

Agreed, but will add that I think it is true with His help (we call it an application of His Grace on us), we can better maintain our respect for His authority - but it no guarantee and we still frequently succumb to our fallen nature. So from our view, it is a cycle. We fall, our ashamed and repent for what we did, ask for forgiveness and start again. A cycle we believe we can reach the end of this life in the wrong stage (fallen without having repented) and would thus be destined for an eternity in Hell.

This I would see as no different than the world, not the people of the world but the earth itself, a constantly revolving of going in and out of darkness (or in and out of the light, however you want to see it), if we are one with Christ, and Christ is one with the Father, then we are one with the Father also and if that is so and there is no darkness in Him, we cannot go in and out of darkness, we have been sealed in the light.

We can see darkness outside of ourselves, but we in no way can enter back into it, His kingdom is light and in it there is no darkness.

The difference, as it goes to this UR in this thread, is that we say our access to His Grace and His forgiveness stops as far as His cleaning us up, that ends when our life here ends - and the UR person must be suggesting it goes on for those who did not "get the lesson" in this life so they continue same process in Hell.

And this we see as, He has the power of salvation in both realms, both the physical realm and the spiritual realm, not just one. Why don't you believe He has the power to save after death when His word speaks of people living in the fear of death all their lives .... and that this is the fear that is cast out by Love?

and those words "get the lesson" I believe are a wrong choice of words, replace them with "did not receive understanding" and it is better understood, you cannot get the lesson unless you first receive understanding and that the lesson has a purpose.

Am I splitting hairs, I might be, but I do not believe the Father even overlooks the smallest detail, which some men might miss (and I hope you don't think I am implying that this is addressed to you).

Reactions: DrBubbaLove
Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I would disagree that we have to respect the Law of Moses in order to be accepted by God. Instead we have to respect the Law of Christ which consists only of love and the 10 commandments. In absolute fact, actually we serve the Law of Freedom, ie we put our own mind to think about what is evil and what is good. This invisible, intangible law of freedom has been written into our hearts as by the new covenant that God started in Jesus Christ. It is also called the Law of Nature according to which we must become ever-new creations in Christ. The Law of Moses was a law of abuse, anger, wrath and death and it is not supposed to reign us anymore, neither are we to draw from it the knowledge of God. Instead we search Christ for the knowledge of God which leads us onto a spiritual way of life because to know Christ means to walk in the spirit.

In this time, not everyone receives the grace and the faith to be a spiritual person, not directly in the church anyway. There are people of other religions and persuasions and they are not simply fodder for hell. That is why there must have been a provision made for them and I see this provision in the Cross of Christ. Think of it like that, Jesus as the only begotten Son of God has an infinite worth and that means that His sacrifice is of infinite worth and weighs more than all sin. On these grounds we can say that everyone who wants it, in this life and beyond, can appeal to Jesus to have His sacrifice get applied to him so he can be saved.

What I do not know is if everyone actually will go to Jesus after death, or if they act like satan and prefer to dwell in the hell spheres of the afterlife. Everyone can easily be saved if they just want to, but if they want to have perversion in their lives they can go to hell and live the afterlife there. But I believe the angels and the saints from the heavenly New Jerusalem often walk through hell and preach to the people they meet there, in order to take them with them to Heaven if they show regret for their hellish lives. I have been visited once by a human from the afterlife who rejects Jesus and follows extreme perversions, and it was not funny. But afterwards came St. Paul to me and told me that no one has to choose such ways and everyone is welcome in the New Jerusalem if they want to trust Jesus and the honest and clean ways of life and accept God as Lord again.

Upvote 0

2KnowHim

Dying to Live
Feb 18, 2007
✟9,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God made Jesus Lord, Christ, and Saviour of All men,...... not man.
Act_2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
1Ti_4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Upvote 0

jugghead

Growing
May 25, 2015
Smyrna, TN
✟24,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would disagree that we have to respect the Law of Moses in order to be accepted by God. Instead we have to respect the Law of Christ which consists only of love and the 10 commandments.

Only have a few minutes so will address only this first statement at the moment
I thought the 10 commandments were/are the law of Moses? am I wrong? and I also stated that we are to respect the authority of the law (which is the Father) "AND" respect His law, the two cannot be separated ..... and I also did not say that we had to have this respect in order to be accepted by the Father.

I believe your very first statement twisted everything I said into something else.

Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The law of Moses isn't our guide anymore as Paul made clear that Jesus completed it (like a prophecy). In our time now we are free to decide for ourselves again what is right and what is wrong. By this we know that eating bacon is not evil, or that not keeping the Sabbath is not evil. And in the same token we know that stoning someone is evil. We can take the 10 commandments because they contain good commandments for us and do not take most of the rest of the law.

We employ what theologians of the past have called the Law of Nature. It's about living our humanity to its best. We do this by following Christ's law of love for God and man. This is to always transcend our nature for the better.

Following the mosaic code, what the bible usually calls God's law, is now forbidden to us because we trust in Grace not in a righteousness by the law.

How did you mean your words if you think I twisted your words? St. Paul is clear that the Law has been completed in Christ and has nothing to do with our salvation anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jugghead

Growing
May 25, 2015
Smyrna, TN
✟24,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The law of Moses isn't our guide anymore as Paul made clear that Jesus completed it (like a prophecy). In our time now we are free to decide for ourselves again what is right and what is wrong. By this we know that eating bacon is not evil, or that not keeping the Sabbath is not evil. And in the same token we know that stoning someone is evil. We can take the 10 commandments because they contain good commandments for us and do not take most of the rest of the law.

We employ what theologians of the past have called the Law of Nature. It's about living our humanity to its best. We do this by following Christ's law of love for God and man. This is to always transcend our nature for the better.

Following the mosaic code, what the bible usually calls God's law, is now forbidden to us because we trust in Grace not in a righteousness by the law.

How did you mean your words if you think I twisted your words? St. Paul is clear that the Law has been completed in Christ and has nothing to do with our salvation anymore.

I stopped and came back on for one reason, to apologize, after I made the post and I started driving again, the Lord showed me that I had made an assumption where I shouldn't have.

Again I apologize.

Upvote 0

anonymouswho

Jul 28, 2015
✟16,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most would say pride comes before a fall. Good luck with these boastful thoughts and your boastful lack of shame at knocking what you obviously have not made an effort to even read.

The point about Hilter was to totally refute your prior attempted to grossly assume about me, the Church and most Christians in regards to what you mistakenly think most Christians believe about who will be in hell. I see you did not get that. Since my short post was obviously not understood and if one has actually read any CS Lewis or any notable Christian theologian, am not sure why I should trust your opinion of those writers.

Am not sure which part you think you have not read in the Creation stories unless you are assuming Satan did not lie about death and instead God lied about it. But then I guess someone proudly boasting a belief that God creates evil in the face of thousands of years of Christian writers to the contrary, it should not surprise us that the idea of UR requires a smallness about God (that He would lie) like no other belief held by Christians. A reoccurring theme here. God does not create evil and does not lie. Just like He said would happen, the Adam that existed prior to this event died that very day, both spiritually and physically.

But then if someone is going to imagine God lying and creating evil, and Satan telling the truth ("come on you are not really going to die, the big guy just doesn't want you to have that because then you will be like Him" - which he did to spark envy in their minds) I can guess I can see how such a person could read the creation story and claim they had never heard anyone say death came that day in order to see that in the story.

Also kind of obvious (and sad) that a person boasting they do not care what thousands of years of Christian writers have said, that this person has not bothered to read much of those writings to be able to say they had never understood how someone could see that death really did come that very day in the story before they had read that in my post. I cannot take credit for any of this as my original thoughts. Had they actually read what they claim not to care about they would know that.

Hello my friend sorry for the delay. This weekend was my anniversary, so I had to spend some time with the wife.

I would say ignorance came before the "fall".

Actually, I believe I already told you that I have read plenty from all of these theologians. I also read the article you sent, and I asked a few questions about it. I also read the Catechism concerning hell, and I asked a few questions about that as well. I have yet to receive a single answer or Scripture about any of these things.

My friend, if I boast, I boast in the Lord. He has done all things. My idea of boasting is a tad bit different than yours. To boast is to say that I have done something worth boasting about. As though I chose to love God myself out of my own self righteousness. As if I gave up my own life, and died for my own sins. I have not done any of those things, nor do I deserve anything that God has done for me. As far as I know, I am the worst of sinners. I don't know what other people think about or what their intentions are, but I know my own heart. And yet, while I was still in my sins, He saved me.

Tell me my friend, who is a "notable theologian"? Where are they?

"Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe." 1 Corinthians 1:20

Paul is a notable theologian. I have quoted him several times. And even he says:

"Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?" 1 Corinthians 1:15

Other notable theologians are Peter, John, James, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Moses, David, ect, just to name a few. Here is a whole list of theologians throughout the ages that I belive are very trustworthy:

http://www.theheraldofgodsgrace.org/Library.htm

As far as the Garden incident, I've already given an interpretation, verse by verse, about what I believe happened. You never addressed any of it. The only thing that was said about it, is that the article I provided did not have the word "make" as an example of the perfect aspect. Why did God say "let us make man in our image, after our likeness" and then say "man has become as (like) one of us" after Adam ate the Fruit? Why did God plant the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden? Did the Devil have to ask God for permission before he could deceive Eve, like he had to with Job? Did God say yes with a sincere hope that Adam and Eve would not be deceived? Was this hope in vain? Did the Creator of all things have His will thwarted just a few days after He created all things?

You are more than welcome to judge my character. However, I as well do not take credit for any of these thoughts. The Scriptures say this is true, and I believe what they say. They say God works all things after the council of His own will. They say that man's goings are not of himself, and God directs our steps; even the words that come out of our mouths is of God. They say that He knows the future, and that He is never wrong.

Anyways, I guess I'm done here. We have been taking about this for a while now, and I'm not even sure if we're talking about the same Scriptures. I guess I will meet you over at one of your other threads, and we can finish this conversation over there.

Thank you my friend and God bless.

Reactions: 2KnowHim
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Only have a few minutes so will address only this first statement at the moment
I thought the 10 commandments were/are the law of Moses? am I wrong? and I also stated that we are to respect the authority of the law (which is the Father) "AND" respect His law, the two cannot be separated ..... and I also did not say that we had to have this respect in order to be accepted by the Father.

I believe your very first statement twisted everything I said into something else.

jugghead,

1. The ten commandments were the law of Moses. These laws were contained in the context of the law of Moses which we were never under.

2. 2 Corinthians 3:6; Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
According to the law the ethic was do something to attain something. The children of Israel had to do and live the commandments but since the law of sin and death took advantage of the law that was holy and good and made them live to the frailty of man this was a weakness of the commandment.
The Spirit of God is why we are ministers of the new testament for the Spirit gives life and the letter killeth.
One a christian should not have to be subdued all the time if he or she is allowing the Spirit to lead his life. A christian today that obeys that obeys the commandment with the old covenant mindset will most likely not do it for it is not being who they are and because they are not allowing the Spirit to lead and the power of the finished work of Christ do the work. A performance mindset of doing for a christian today is doing it to the letter of the law and within his own strength or at least runs the risk of hit and miss, sometimes they do and other times do not and results in no consistency. This is known as being under the spirit of the law which would be the Mosaic ethic.

3. The sabbath is regarded as every day and not one certain day under the covenant of the new testament. All the commandments under Moses gave a specific judgement which we do not have today. In Jesus day they did but Jesus was not responsible to administer civil law as in the act of adultery that the woman was accused of by Jewish leaders. The reason Jesus answered the way he did was because the Jewish leaders were hypocrites and acting pious and Jesus exposed their hypocrisy and the woman was saved and forgiven.

4. The authority of the law being the Father has nothing to do with the law being abolished. The authority of the moral law is always upheld in each age no matter what rules stem from them or not. Another words the context of the law according to conscience was not the same as the Mosaic law though the moral laws had to be upheld. The 1st used the conscience and had no specific judgement. The 2nd used the written law with specific judgements. The third is not to be subdued if the christian is allowing the Spirit to lead their lives to where it is who they are and not what they do, not performance based that allows self motivation.
Peter said the flesh has ceased from sin so he would not fulfill the things of the flesh. When one is a child they have to be taught the law for they know no better and when they grow older they obey out of love because they trust and believe what their parents have taught them. If it is who you are you don't try you just do it out of love because it is the very fabric of your whole life. If all a parent does is subdue a child under the law that is why many times a child will rebel because it is something they had to do but didn't truly believe or it wasn't enough to be who they were.

5. So the moral law cannot be separated from the authority of the Father for their is an eternal moral law and an eternal moral government of which the Father is the eternal moral governor of the universe. At the same time we have to be careful how we understand the subject of moral law or else we can run the risk of being to the letter and not by the Spirit, being bound and not free. The old law of morals is couched in a specific manner that was holy and good and yet was still taken advantage of by the law of sin and death. Today, the law of sin and death is done away with by the law of the Spirit. This is because we have an endless life of Christ and the Spirit to help us and be who we are in Christ and this is the object of faith is Christ and not looking to a written code of ethics. So the whole law was abolished for it was considered as one whole unit. Being abolished has to be understood in the overall ethic in Moses law concerning everything that was involved from the attaining to all the way to the specific punishment rendered. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

brixken7

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona
✟15,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God "...will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Timothy 2:4).

That's pretty tough to believe, isn't it. And the original Greek doesn't say God merely "hopes" to save all, it says He is "willing" to save all, meaning God is ready, eager, and prepared to do this! Not at all reluctant! This fact is born out in Isaiah 53:10, for a great many translations tell us that God "was pleased" to sacrifice His son for us all. "All" would include all young children who have ever lived, all the mentally deficient, all the insane who have ever lived, all of the billions of people who, not knowing God, have worshiped false gods, and "all" would even include those who have led extremely wicked lives. So are all of these multiple billions of His creation actually going to learn the truth and be saved as God claims? In most people's minds that's indeed very hard to believe -- even for most professing Christians. But as the evangelist Paul Finkenbinder (aka, Hermano Pablo) stated many years ago:

"Pessimism is sin."

For proof of this he gave the example of how the Israelites who had been sent to spy out the Promised Land, came back with a very gloomy, pessimistic report. You can read of this in Numbers 13:25-33. Basically, their message was that the land promised by God was impossible to take because of its "strong" defenders and "very great" walled cities. What God had promised them, they considered unachievable and absolutely impossible to obtain! To them there was NO WAY that Israel could enter and take the land that God had promised them! But this lack of faith in God's promise had very serious repercussions, even more serious than their constant complaining after leaving Egypt, and even more serious than their idolatrous worshiping of their molten calf! The Bible clearly states that it was this lack of faith, this unbelief -- and the unbelief of those who heard their message -- that resulted in God (in the Person of Christ) not granting to them entrance into this Promised Land (Hebrews 3:18-19; 4:6,11). Today, in much the same negative vein, we hear religious leaders and Bible teachers claim that God is incapable of bringing us all into the Promised Land. And like the reasoning of old, it's usually based upon a faulty premise that we cannot count on God to do it all, so it's up to us. Some even claim that God has no desire to save everyone, or that He is hampered by man's supposed "free will" and needs "our permission" to save us! The result is the same. The pessimism and unbelief that existed among God's people in ancient Israel, is prevalent today throughout the modern churches, churches composed of people who likewise claim the 'Promised Land' -- be it heaven or a New Earth -- will not be attainable for most people! The truth is that if we want God to save us in this life, then we need to trust in Him, have faith in Him, rely upon Him, and most of all -- love and BELIEVE Him. Our salvation (in this life) is dependent upon it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God "...will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Timothy 2:4).

That's pretty tough to believe, isn't it. And the original Greek doesn't say God merely "hopes" to save all, it says He is "willing" to save all, meaning God is ready, eager, and prepared to do this! Not at all reluctant! This fact is born out in Isaiah 53:10, for a great many translations tell us that God "was pleased" to sacrifice His son for us all. "All" would include all young children who have ever lived, all the mentally deficient, all the insane who have ever lived, all of the billions of people who, not knowing God, have worshiped false gods, and "all" would even include those who have led extremely wicked lives. So are all of these multiple billions of His creation actually going to learn the truth and be saved as God claims? In most people's minds that's indeed very hard to believe -- even for most professing Christians. But as the evangelist Paul Finkenbinder (aka, Hermano Pablo) stated many years ago:

"Pessimism is sin."

For proof of this he gave the example of how the Israelites who had been sent to spy out the Promised Land, came back with a very gloomy, pessimistic report. You can read of this in Numbers 13:25-33. Basically, their message was that the land promised by God was impossible to take because of its "strong" defenders and "very great" walled cities. What God had promised them, they considered unachievable and absolutely impossible to obtain! To them there was NO WAY that Israel could enter and take the land that God had promised them! But this lack of faith in God's promise had very serious repercussions, even more serious than their constant complaining after leaving Egypt, and even more serious than their idolatrous worshiping of their molten calf! The Bible clearly states that it was this lack of faith, this unbelief -- and the unbelief of those who heard their message -- that resulted in God (in the Person of Christ) not granting to them entrance into this Promised Land (Hebrews 3:18-19; 4:6,11). Today, in much the same negative vein, we hear religious leaders and Bible teachers claim that God is incapable of bringing us all into the Promised Land. And like the reasoning of old, it's usually based upon a faulty premise that we cannot count on God to do it all, so it's up to us. Some even claim that God has no desire to save everyone, or that He is hampered by man's supposed "free will" and needs "our permission" to save us! The result is the same. The pessimism and unbelief that existed among God's people in ancient Israel, is prevalent today throughout the modern churches, churches composed of people who likewise claim the 'Promised Land' -- be it heaven or a New Earth -- will not be attainable for most people! The truth is that if we want God to save us in this life, then we need to trust in Him, have faith in Him, rely upon Him, and most of all -- love and BELIEVE Him. Our salvation (in this life) is dependent upon it.

1First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

When read in proper context of what Paul is articulating it is clear to see that it is the DESIRE of G-d that all men should not perish but turn to him in repentance.

The unbeliever has chosen to reject G-d and as a result their destruction is their own doing

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
1First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

When read in proper context of what Paul is articulating it is clear to see that it is the DESIRE of G-d that all men should not perish but turn to him in repentance.
When read more closely in PROPER context verse 6 explains what myoptic Christianity can not see. "gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time."

Some will not be able to give 'that' "testimony" until the "proper time" plan of "the ages" is finished. And according to Eph, there was still at least two more ages to go before;
"every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

In the verse below, just exactly who do you think He is planning on showing his 'SAVING GRACE' to, in the "AGES TO COME"?

EPH 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The unbeliever has chosen to reject G-d and as a result their destruction is their own doing
No, according scriptureS they were never "chosen, called, drawn, predestined or foreordained to believe". Not in this age anyway.

And after killing every one who disagreed with their theological school...the church of Rome continued to foster the lie of Satan from the Garden; "you shall not surely die".....you'll just burn alive in hell, for all eternity! Thank God that His will and mercy and grace...will ultimately triumph the will of puny man.

"In the first five or six centuries of Christianity there were six theological schools, of which four (Alexandria, Antioch, Caesarea, and Edessa, or Nisibis) were Universalist, one (Ephesus) accepted conditional immortality; one (Carthage or Rome) taught endless punishment of the wicked. Other theological schools are mentioned as founded by Universalists, but their actual doctrine on this subject is not known."

"The Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge"
by Schaff-Herzog, 1908, volume 12, page 96"

:amen::amen: and again I say :amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm reading a book a book whose purpose is to give "three views of hell", traditional, anihilation, and universal reconciliation. My question is, " do you think universal reconciliation is heresy?
David Bentley Hart, one of my favourite Eastern Orthodox theologians, doesn't think it's heretical.

Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

2KnowHim

Dying to Live
Feb 18, 2007
✟9,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And God doesn't get what He desires?
Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Pleasure
khay'-fets

From H2654; pleasure; hence (abstractly) desire; concretely a valuable thing; hence (by extension) a matter (as something in mind): - acceptable, delight (-some), desire, things desired, matter, pleasant (-ure), purpose, willingly.

If it were not for the will of God we would all perish, we do not have the capability to save ourselves or the "desire" either, till God opens our heart to receive Him. If that were the case then there would be no reason to send His Son to save us.

The will or desire of man can never be more than the will or desire of God.

Reactions: anonymouswho
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The will or desire of man can never be more than the will or desire of God.
:oldthumbsup:

Philippians 2:13 for God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure/will,choice.

2107 eudokia {yoo-dok-ee'-ah}
from a presumed compound of 2095 and the base of 1380
(1) will, choice
(1.a) good will, kindly intent, benevolence
(2) delight, pleasure, satisfaction
(3) desire

Reactions: anonymouswho
Upvote 0