Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am far more inclined to run from people who want to see other people burned alive forever by God.

Sorry.

I'd run from such hatred too, but not in fear. If they are in the Body, I would have to shun them in obedience to God's Word.

Upvote 0

preistsplace

Liberated by God's Unconditional Love
Jun 5, 2009
Usa
✟8,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We already have a symbol a big Cross....like the one where scripture tells us that the Un Godly where Justified at......

Now to the one that works, his wage is not reckoned as a favour, but what is due, but he who does not work but puts his Faith in him who justified the un Godly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness.

The Symbol of Universalism can be found front and centre of every Church...it is a big Cross.....the fact that mainstream is blind to what is right in front of them should not surprise.....especially when it comes to God.

Peace
right on the Cross is our symbol

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

preistsplace

Jun 5, 2009
Usa
✟8,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so I guess that you are saying that everyone who does not agree with your interpretation of scripture is wrong. And our discussion of CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM should be duly noted as opposed to UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM.
E.G. we say that Christ is the only way to salvation and they say that all paths lead to salvation.
And that judgment is not conducive to discussion, especially not on a site where protestants and Catholics discuss things as the two see many points very differently.
Or to put it simply CF is supposed to be a place where Christians can talk debate and discuss as well as edify help and care for each other .

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
and with all of that said I would love to see an Icon for the Christian universalist on this site myself.
I don't see a problem with that myself.

The Messianic sect on CF have different ones for "Trinitrarian" and "non-Trinitrarian" for example. :wave:

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
so I guess that you are saying that everyone who does not agree with your interpretation of scripture is wrong. And our discussion of CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM should be duly noted as opposed to UNITARIAN UNIVERSALISM.
E.G. we say that Christ is the only way to salvation and they say that all paths lead to salvation.
And that judgment is not conducive to discussion, especially not on a site where protestants and Catholics discuss things as the two see many points very differently.
Or to put it simply CF is supposed to be a place where Christians can talk debate and discuss as well as edify help and care for each other .
But Unitarians are a branch/sect of Universalism.....

Also, the Universalist doctrine is quiet different in the terms of sound doctrine. Mainly because it separates itself with it's own interpretations using its very own custom lexicons and personal studies. I find Universalists to be very smart people, mainly because they do such great study work. I still disagree with their doctrine. But that's to be expected if you count my icon.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Recently I've taken to using the Charismatic symbol, not because I have a very effusive worship-style, but because, out of all the icons currently available, it's the most visually accurate illustration of how my walk with the Lord has been transformed since trusting on Him not only for my own salvation, but also for the salvation of everyone else.

I mean, if I ever had a good reason to launch into random fits of glossolalia, mind-blowing visions, levitation, and "bells and whistles" styles of praise, the realization of Jesus' complete victory over death and the grave would most certainly be it ! :)
YEEE-HAAAW!! :clap:
Hithere.gif
:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
and with all of that said I would love to see an Icon for the Christian universalist on this site myself.

there is no such thing as a Christian universalist.

It is written. God provided a Way for man to be reconciled to Himself. Jesus the Christ Himself says:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ~John 14:6

There is no other way.

We must repent, realizing that we are but dirty filthy rags before God, that there is no good thing in us, that there is none righteous, not one:

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." ~Romans 3:10

God intends for us to take Him, His Word, seriously. That is what it means to "fear" Him.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

preistsplace

Jun 5, 2009
Usa
✟8,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Unitarians are a branch/sect of Universalism.....

Also, the Universalist doctrine is quiet different in the terms of sound doctrine. Mainly because it separates itself with it's own interpretations using its very own custom lexicons and personal studies. I find Universalists to be very smart people, mainly because they do such great study work. I still disagree with their doctrine. But that's to be expected if you count my icon.
but we are not talking about an icon for Unitarian univeralist we are talking about an icon for Christian Universalists. And while they have similar beliefs on the salvation of mankind the way they beleive is different IE all can be saved through whatever they beleive.

Upvote 0

preistsplace

Jun 5, 2009
Usa
✟8,219.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there is no such thing as a Christian universalist.
so then you are saying that I am not a Christian because I do not hold your view on the extent of salvation

It is written. God provided a Way for man to be reconciled to Himself. Jesus the Christ Himself says:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." ~John 14:6

There is no other way.
christian universalism affirms this ....perhaps you are speaking against unitarian universalism...

We must repent, realizing that we are but dirty filthy rags before God, that there is no good thing in us, that there is none righteous, not one:

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one." ~Romans 3:10
so if no one is righteous not even one what makes you think that He will only save precious few?

God intends for us to take Him, His Word, seriously. That is what it means to "fear" Him.
I take the word of God Very seriously

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I take the word of God Very seriously
So do I......:thumbsup: :pray:

Matthew 17:5 Still of-Him speaking, behold! a cloud, luminous, over-shadows them. And behold! a voice out of the cloud saying "this is the Son of Me, the Beloved, in whom I delight, be ye hearing Him!". [Deut 18]

Acts 3:22 "For Moses indeed [toward the fathers] saying 'that a prophet to ye shall be raising up, LORD the God of ye, out of the brothers of ye as Me. Of Him ye shall be hearing/akousesqe according to all as much as ever He should be speaking toward ye'". [Deut 18:18,19/Matt 17:5/Reve 2:18]

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.