Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Anyway--I am looking forward to the UR sect members having their own icon and their own forum!

(So I can avoid it like the plague.)

Yet you seem to be quite obsessed with engaging in pointless arguments in every thread that even remotely mentions this topic?

I think that if you were really confident in your beliefs, you wouldn't let yourself be so bitter when others state theirs. If you want nothing to do with others - then simply don't reply. It's that simple.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yet you seem to be quite obsessed with engaging in pointless arguments in every thread that even remotely mentions this topic?

I think that if you were really confident in your beliefs, you wouldn't let yourself be so bitter when others state theirs. If you want nothing to do with others - then simply don't reply. It's that simple.
AMEN_TO_THAT.gif

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Of course I am confident... not obsessed. No one could believe otherwise by my posts. There is no bitterness---just alarm and dismay.

I want to help you receive your designation. It would be advantageous to all. My opinion is registered. Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to obey God when I encounter those who consistently spurn truth.

Oh? You mean you want to condemn everyone who doesn't believe 'like you?'

A neighbour doesn't do that--an enemy does.

Those we are to LOVE are not our enemies.

We are to expose those who preach things contrary to God. Then we are to avoid those who persist to be contrary and divisive.

Well, when you find scripture that advises me NOT to love my neighbors as myself you MAKE SURE you advise me to do the contrary, OK?

Let's be wise. An UR icon and a forum section will help us.

Didn't seem to stop you here. Don't expect it'd make any difference to 'us' whoever 'us' is.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh? You mean you want to condemn everyone who doesn't believe 'like you?'

No. Obey.

Those we are to LOVE are not our enemies.

We are to love our enemies.

Well, when you find scripture that advises me NOT to love my neighbors as myself you MAKE SURE you advise me to do the contrary, OK?

We are to love our neighbour, but when that neighbour consistently preaches divisive doctrine, we are to avoid him. Obey! Is that too much meat?

Good day.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Obey. We are to love our enemies. We are to love our neighbour, but

There is no BUT.

Scriptures have provided you AMPLE enemies to hate and deride if you want to TURN that direction. They are NOT your fellow man...

when that neighbour consistently preaches divisive doctrine, we are to avoid him. Obey! Is that too much meat?

What you consider meat I'd consider DUNG.

Without LOVE for all our neighbors and our enemies, FAITH is worthless and DEAD.

If you want to hate and deride, then pick on the devil and leave your fellow mankind alone and intact. YOU might even notice that these parties are OVERLAPPED. Did THAT EVER occur to YOU?

You MIGHT even someday see that your own sin is OF THE DEVIL. Ever think about THAT?

Not everybody is going to SEE LIKE YOU. Thank GOD!

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is no BUT.

Scriptures have provided you AMPLE enemies to hate and deride if you want to TURN that direction. They are NOT your fellow man...

We are to stay away from the divisive one, in order that the love of God will work. Our fellow man is everyone, and yet we must be discriminate in order to be wise in the Lord. When a so-called "brother" reveals himself as a wolf in sheep's clothing, we do well to run.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are to stay away from the divisive one, in order that the love of God will work.

Our fellow man is everyone, and yet we must be discriminate in order to be wise in the Lord. When a so-called "brother" reveals himself as a wolf in sheep's clothing, we do well to run.

I am far more inclined to run from people who want to see other people burned alive forever by God.

Sorry.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am far more inclined to run from people who want to see other people burned alive forever by God.

Sorry.

Of course that is a mischaracterization born out of the refusal to listen to truth. The only one who wants to see people in hell is Satan.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course that is a mischaracterization born out of the refusal to listen to truth.

Oh, what 'truth' might that be? That only the people who believe 'like you' are going to be let off the hook for THEIR SINS whilst everyone else who disagrees with you is gonna fry alive forever? You mean that truth?

lol, but hey, I'm up for a surprise today. It's always enjoyable to try and convince a christian to love their unsaved neighbors as themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are we supposed to take O'Connor's statement as the final authority or something? Surprising that folks dig out Catholic comments when it suits them yet trashes them when they do not...

It might occur to you that if a believer believes YOU are unequivocally SAVED and LOVED by God (I DO) it's not possible to trash you.

I certainly CAN take issue with any doctrine. That is an entirely different matter. There is one difference between us though and that is I cannot use doctrine to condemn other people to burn alive forever. That is a pleasure you may not partake in, but your RCC does allow you to enter that pleasure if you DARE.

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
It might occur to you that if a believer believes YOU are unequivocally SAVED and LOVED by God (I DO) it's not possible to trash you.

I certainly CAN take issue with any doctrine. That is an entirely different matter. There is one difference between us though and that is I cannot use doctrine to condemn other people to burn alive forever. That is a pleasure you may not partake in, but your RCC does allow you to enter that pleasure if you DARE.

I'm not Catholic. Nice try, though.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Catholic. Nice try, though.

Same observation applies except any other 'sect' doesn't allow you to believe UR so that remark is withdrawn. You are forced into hatred no matter what. I wish I could say you had a try.

Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
Same observation applies except any other 'sect' doesn't allow you to believe UR so that remark is withdrawn. You are forced into hatred no matter what. I wish I could say you had a try.

How does my desire not to see a universalist icon equate to "hatred"? seesh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
You're not even making any sense. I never said that something wasn't possible; I did state that I found it amusing that people are perfectly willing to cite Catholic sources when they think it supports their point of argument but are also willing to condemn Catholics for variety of reasons both real and imagined when they disagree with a Catholic point.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're not even making any sense. I never said that something wasn't possible; I did state that I found it amusing that people are perfectly willing to cite Catholic sources when they think it supports their point of argument but are also willing to condemn Catholics for variety of reasons both real and imagined when they disagree with a Catholic point.

Condemning catholics? How is that possible again?

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you assume that I was speaking about you? I didn't - and have not - mentioned anyone specifically. my remarks were general in nature.

"your remarks" came immediately after my RCC quote.

Was there someone else in this thread who cited the RCC on this matter that you were directing your comments to or were you just stirring?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.