Unforgivable sins?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Same question already addressed in a dozen threads.

Whether God will forgive someone's sin is up to God, not man.

Most all mankind refuses God's Life, Instructions, and Redemption,

so most all mankind is never forgiven. That doesn't mean they

could not have been forgiven - just that most never are.

Upvote 0

Kman973

Aug 14, 2016
New Jersey
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Same question already addressed in a dozen threads.

Whether God will forgive someone's sin is up to God, not man.

Most all mankind refuses God's Life, Instructions, and Redemption,

so most all mankind is never forgiven. That doesn't mean they

could not have been forgiven - just that most never are.
Is there a time period on how fast we can repent? I remmeber reading or hearing something that says go back to your first acts when repenting. What i mean by time period is can we fake it untill we make it? For examplenwhat if we sont really remmeber right away but we are persistent? I remmeber hearing blasphemy is unforgivable and im wondering if wgat unreplied i what is considerred blasphemy.(refusing Gods life instructions and redemption)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The whole world "fakes it". God sees right through it.
Find the answer in Scripture.

TODAY:
Hebrews 3New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Greater Than Moses
3 Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest. 2 He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house. 3 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. 4 For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. 5 “Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,”a]">[a] bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. 6 But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.

Warning Against Unbelief
7 So, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
8 do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested and tried me,
though for forty years they saw what I did.
10 That is why I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”b]">[b]

12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. 15 As has just been said:

do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion.”c]">[c]

16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Footnotes:
  1. Hebrews 3:5 Num. 12:7
  2. Hebrews 3:11 Psalm 95:7-11
  3. Hebrews 3:15 Psalm 95:7,8
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Upvote 0

Kman973

Aug 14, 2016
New Jersey
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The whole world "fakes it". God sees right through it.
Find the answer in Scripture.

TODAY:
Hebrews 3New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Greater Than Moses
3 Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest. 2 He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house. 3 Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. 4 For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. 5 “Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,”a]">[a] bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. 6 But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.

Warning Against Unbelief
7 So, as the Holy Spirit says:

8 do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the wilderness,
9 where your ancestors tested and tried me,
though for forty years they saw what I did.
10 That is why I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”b]">[b]

12 See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. 14 We have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original conviction firmly to the very end. 15 As has just been said:

do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion.”c]">[c]

16 Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? 17 And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief.

Footnotes:
  1. Hebrews 3:5 Num. 12:7
  2. Hebrews 3:11 Psalm 95:7-11
  3. Hebrews 3:15 Psalm 95:7,8
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
I always believed for the longest time i can remember that Jesus Christ said that loving thy neighbor like you want to be loved overpowers all sins. So what i would do was treat ppl how i would want to be treated if i where in their shoes from how insaw myself. I got real heavy into tarot readings knowing that it was wrong. I did alot ofnother things id never do. I wondered if im the same person, and if i cam still go back to my first acts if im not even seen as the same person anymore. For example i feel like ive been exposed or maybe as some people would say ive opened doors to other realms, i really just want to go back to how things were im scared because i feel like i see things that i dont know how to fix. I feel like evrything has been topsy tervy. Sometimes i wonder if this is like genesis where adam had to work for the rest of his days because he ate from the tree of knowledge. Im scared.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There's no other realms to worry about.
You have lived in sin like everyone else on earth.
The penalty for sin is death.

There's no easy way to make up for it. No way at all for anyone to do it themselves.

Jesus lived on earth and died a horrible death on a cross , crucified.

God has offered in reality and in His Word forgiveness to those who repent and have a complete change of life from the inside out.
Jesus said to everyone seeking the Kingdom of God - "You must be born again".
That's up to God. It's His choice.

He knows if , as you said, you are just "faking it".
If you are "faking it" then yes, be scared.

Upvote 0

Kman973

Aug 14, 2016
New Jersey
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There's no other realms to worry about.
You have lived in sin like everyone else on earth.

There's no easy way to make up for it. No way at all for anyone to do it themselves.

Jesus lived on earth and died a horrible death on a cross , crucified.

God has offered in reality and in His Word forgiveness to those who repent and have a complete change of life from the inside out.
Jesus said to everyone seeking the Kingdom of God - "You must be born again".
That's up to God. It's His choice.

He knows if , as you said, you are just "faking it".
If you are "faking it" then yes, be scared.

Ok now you say that its up to God and not us, where in scripture does it say that and also if what you said is true we cant fake it because Gods the one doing it anyway? I appreciate your responses and your style of honesty alot.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We can't fake it because God sees right through any fake. Nothing is hidden from Him. Many people pretend to call on Him, and pretend to serve Him, but are told on Judgment Day "begone from Me, I never knew you" because they never served Him.

Jesus told His very own disciples "You did not choose Me, but I chose You"

and in very many other Scriptures throughout Old Testament and New Testament shows that God's Sovereignty has no challenge - nothing to compare to, nothing even remotely in strength or power or might or glory .....

Within His Sovereignty, as All His Word Proclaims,
He Deigned a Plan, His Purpose, in Yeshua HaMashiach
for Salvation.

Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Messiah) never turned anyone away who came to Him for help.

He also never went after anyone who walked away from Him , who rejected Him --- many of His Own disciples walked away, and He let them go.

Later, perhaps, they may have returned to Him. Of their own free will.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[

Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus Messiah) never turned anyone away who came to Him for help.

He also never went after anyone who walked away from Him , who rejected Him --- many of His Own disciples walked away, and He let them go.

Later, perhaps, they may have returned to Him. Of their own free will.[/QUOTE]

Quite a contrast from todays idea of chasing after people to beg them to be saved.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to ask is there any sin that is impossible to repent from? If so what sins?

This is often linked to the question is there an unpardonable sin. The reality is all sin is forgivable. As is discussed in detail here http://www.futureandahope.net/unforgivable_sin.php

I will try a real brief doctrinal explanation here.

All sin can be forgiven. Jesus cross, and death of Jesus, was one life given for a life time of sins. Any sin we commit in our life can be forgiven. However persistent sin has a hardening effect on us. Essentially unrepentant persistent sin makes us blind to the fact of the cross. The more we sin the blinder we become. A person can have sinned so much that they no longer see the cross, and will never see it, although it is always there and their sin could be forgiven. Some people love sin too much, and refuse to repent. These go blind, and can no longer see. They have commited the unpardonable sin. Judas was an example of this, Jesus called him a devil, due to his theft, he was blind to the truth. People often wonder how God could make people fulfill seemingly negative prophecy, like the betrayal of Judas, he was already a devil, already blind when Jesus choose him, he had out sinned the grace and ability to see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟733,159.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have just written up a document on what the unpardonable sin actually is, hope it makes sense:

The Doctrine of Eternal Damnation

The bible mentions that there is an “unpardonable sin”, so what is it? All sin is pardonable according to the principal that the cross of Jesus was a Holy life given for our life time of sins. So there is technically no one sin that is unpardonable (Heb 9:27-28, 1Jn 5:16, 1Jn 1:7-9, 1Jn 2:1-2, Mat 18:21-22, Jas 5:19-20). However there is according to the bible an unpardonable sin. So what is it? The Pharisees in the bible called Jesus miracles a devil, and Jesus said “But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.” Note even Jesus stated that although they were committing the unpardonable sin, they were only in danger of it being unforgivable. The unpardonable sin is linked to denying God’s Spirit, whether it be a miracle performed by God, or denying His written word. Why do people deny things of God, so they can continue to live in sin (Jn 8:42-44).

To understand this sin, we first need to discuss what salvation is. Salvation is not of works but of faith in Jesus substitutional death and resurrection for us (Rom 3:24, Rom 11:6, Gal 5:13), the word faith being similar to trust. We are not saved by perfectly following every command (Gal2:16, Gal 2:21), we are saved by the blood of Jesus that was shed as a sacrifice for us on the cross (Rom 5:1, Rom 5:9, Gal 3:11, Gal 3:24 ), and when we trust in that sacrifice we are saved. Even though there may be times we doubt our worthiness (1 Jn 3:20), God still knows us, and has promised to never leave or forsake us when we call to him (Jn 6:37). The blood that Jesus shed is His life given for our lifetime of sins (Heb 9:27-28), while we are not physically dead we can be forgiven by this sacrifice (1Jn 5:16), once we are physically dead there is no forgiveness if we have at our end denied Christ, but if we still believe in Jesus at our death, and apply it to our lives we will be saved. Basically while we still live there is hope for salvation and forgiveness.

If sin is covered by the blood by our faith, then the only unpardonable sin is a lack of faith, or the final abandonment of faith, no longer having a shred of belief, or believing but not being willing to come to Jesus for salvation. Basically no longer believing in Jesus, at that point of total and final denial we are no longer saved and have committed the unpardonable sin, while we can believe that Jesus can forgive us we have not committed the sin. We will latter discuss how a lack of faith is related to denying the works of the Spirit, for which the Pharisees were derided. As an example of what this sin is and is not, we may have even gone through a time of unbelief not believing the cross saves us after being saved but that is not the unpardonable sin, if we can still see the cross at any point we can be saved. The unpardonable sin would be if we refuse to believe Jesus will forgive us, when he is showing us we can be saved, an active not passive form of unbelief. Now we need to explain how a person actually loses faith.

The Pharisees were warned about committing the unpardonable sin due to their denial of the clear working of the Holy Spirit. They were not just in unbelief, they were clearly denying a powerful act of God, which incidentally leads to unbelief and blindness as we shall see latter on. Jesus said many times in the bible that the reason why people deny the Spirits working was so they could continue to live in sin. I believe the pathway to the unpardonable sin is a persistent denial of the voice of the Holy Spirit, or to deny an act so powerful of the Holy Spirit that God gives us over to total Spiritual blindness and ultimately death. Every time we deny the correction of the Holy Spirit we are opening ourselves up for failure. So how does this blindness occur?

The bible says whoever we submit ourselves to we become their slaves. Sin leading to death, or obedience leading to life (Rom 6:16). Every time we deliberately sin we are submitting ourselves to bondage, the devil is the father of lies, when we submit to sin we give our self to one of his lying spirits, which has the potential to harden our heart (1 Ti 4:1-2). God actually allows this to happen, he hardens the sinner, and frees the righteous (2 Th 2:11). A person who is undergoing hardening, may complain a lot against God, have doubts, fears, etc. The only way for the heart to be softened is for them to return to obedience. Note not all complaint is based upon sin, but it is a symptom of sinning. But back to wilful sinning, a person may be punished temporarily for their sin, but God will attempt to restore them to obedience and blessing (Job 33:27), however if they refuse they will die without knowledge (Job 36:12). They key to this whole thing is the fact that a person who commits the unpardonable sin(s) will die without knowledge. Their faith will have been drained, they no longer believe. While you can still believe in Jesus you can be restored.

There are people alive today who have committed the unpardonable sin, some were Christians, and some were never saved. But their heart is too hard to be restored. But remember Jesus could forgive them, He just chooses not to. The bible says of these people, God waited patiently for them to repent for a long time, but they refused so now they are damned (Rom 9:21-22). Judas was this kind of person, when Jesus called him as a disciple, Jesus said of him, “One of you is a devil”, Judas was already debase, so God used him for a debase purpose.

But let’s return to the facts, the cross covers all sins, your whole life time of sins. If you can perceive this you can be saved. Just repent, return to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok now you say that its up to God and not us, where in scripture does it say that and also if what you said is true we cant fake it because Gods the one doing it anyway? I appreciate your responses and your style of honesty alot.

Romans 10:8-13. Read it, believe it, confess it. Thank God for it. You now walk with Jesus. Flip over to Romans 8:1. Your "walk" is permanent, unchanging. You may sin and drop out of fellowship, but He never leaves you or forsakes you (Hebrews 13:5-6). Dropping out of fellowship does not mean that you have lost your salvation. His Holy Spirit will call upon you to return to that blessed fellowship. He is right there in front of you, right there behind you, right there on either side of you on your "walk," saying "Come on, pick up the pace, we'll do this!" In God alone do we place our trust. His response is to declare us the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. What o what o what could take that away? Zero, Zilch, Nada. Matthew 28. 2 Timothy 2:14. John 14:26. We should strive to work out our own salvation? No. He worked it out at the Cross. Read about the Whole Armor of God in Ephesians 6:10-18. Think about it. Read it again. REALIZE: The Whole Armor of God is Jesus!! John 3:16-17, John 5:24, Ephesians 2:8-9.

Be blessed as you read His Word and enter into prayer in the Precious Name of Jesus! Romans 10:8-13; Romans 8:1 !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ALL SINS WERE FORGIVEN WHEN JESUS SHED HIS BLOOD ON THE CROSS!!!!
THERE IS NO FORGIVING OF SIN WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD!!!! HEB.9:22

THIS IS SHOUTING!!! I WANT YOU TO HEAR ME!!!

To learn, it is customary for one to buy a Bible and at least read it a couple times.

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only unforgivable sin is blaspheming of the holy spirit which will not be forgiven in this life or the next.

The Unpardonable Sin

(Mark 3:28-30)

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Does that answer your question? some examples from the Bible were the Pharisees, and Herod, Judas, and also Ananias and his wife Sapphira who lied to the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to ask is there any sin that is impossible to repent from? If so what sins?

Not really. Everything can be repented from.

The danger as far as I am aware is:

------------------------------------------
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

-------------------------------------------

In my view, no one can certainly claim to interpret this verse correctly about those who fall away, unless they understand the symbolism of the bold part.

Notice these are herbs. Herbs smell nice and are useful, but they bear no fruit. In my view, this applies to people who have a surface level Christianity with the Holy Spirit involved in it.... but their heart may not have been fully yielded to Christ.

"Blaspheming the Holy Spirit" is another one, but that one just means "those who reject Jesus." People want to make it say, those who say the gifts are from the devil, but many Christians have done this, even myself perhaps and God is still with me. With spiritual gifts, you can get confused who they are from and in ignorance we would attribute them wrong. It doesn't eliminate salvation.

Technically every cessationist would have to go to hell for blaspheming the holy spirit... but they're not, because those verses just mean "those who reject Jesus and so never receive the Holy Spirit."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kman973

Aug 14, 2016
New Jersey
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not really. Everything can be repented from.

The danger as far as I am aware is:

------------------------------------------
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

-------------------------------------------

In my view, no one can certainly claim to interpret this verse correctly about those who fall away, unless they understand the symbolism of the bold part.

Notice these are herbs. Herbs smell nice and are useful, but they bear no fruit. In my view, this applies to people who have a surface level Christianity with the Holy Spirit involved in it.... but their heart may not have been fully yielded to Christ.

"Blaspheming the Holy Spirit" is another one, but that one just means "those who reject Jesus." People want to make it say, those who say the gifts are from the devil, but many Christians have done this, even myself perhaps and God is still with me. With spiritual gifts, you can get confused who they are from and in ignorance we would attribute them wrong. It doesn't eliminate salvation.

Technically every cessationist would have to go to hell for blaspheming the holy spirit... but they're not, because those verses just mean "those who reject Jesus and so never receive the Holy Spirit."
So your saying even ifnyounreject Jesus, and you accept him eventually before youndie youll go to heaven...bottom line point blank right? And the gifts from the devil whatbare you talming about blessings, gifts of divination like psychic or.what?

Upvote 0

Kman973

Aug 14, 2016
New Jersey
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The only unforgivable sin is blaspheming of the holy spirit which will not be forgiven in this life or the next.

The Unpardonable Sin

(Mark 3:28-30)

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Does that answer your question? some examples from the Bible were the Pharisees, and Herod, Judas, and also Ananias and his wife Sapphira who lied to the holy spirit.
THANK YOU! That answers my question but can you explain, what that means exactly? Does it mean if i pray tonthe holy spirit and lie in my prayer, or does it mean if i give a false prophecy to others amd say it was a message from.the holy spirit i go to hell? Or does it mean if i curse the holy spirit out with bad words i go to hell? Does it mean if i interupt someone or try to stop someone from catching thr "holy ghost" i go to hell? Does it meam i go.to.hell for callin . It the "holy ghost" like i just said? Whhat does it mean exactly that is the answer im looking for sort of but i never understood what that meant exactly. Can you give me some examples of doing this, like a few scenarios of what that means thanknyou so mu c in advance.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
THANK YOU! That answers my question but can you explain, what that means exactly? Does it mean if i pray tonthe holy spirit and lie in my prayer, or does it mean if i give a false prophecy to others amd say it was a message from.the holy spirit i go to hell? Or does it mean if i curse the holy spirit out with bad words i go to hell?
None of that. If you look at the context, the pharisees were KNOWINGLY** attributing the miracles (casting out demons) done by the power of God's Holy Spirit to the devil. They did that in order to keep people from hearing and responding to the gospel.

THAT is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

** in John 3, Nicodemus said they (pharisees) KNEW that God was with Jesus in his miracles.

Reactions: Kman973
Upvote 0