"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israeli Ambassador full speech on UN settlement vote (UNSC Resolution 2334)
(5 min 56 sec)

Concluding comment by the ambassador:
"This holy book - the Bible - contains 3,000 years of history of the Jewish people in the land of Israel, no one, no one, can change this history."

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Blood brothers: Palestinians and Jews share genetic roots
Palestinians are just Jews who practice Islam, the country will be divided until it comes back around to Christ. Remember right now they are still Gods people but reject God, as they have done time and time again. They need Christ.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blood brothers: Palestinians and Jews share genetic roots
Palestinians are just Jews who practice Islam, the country will be divided until it comes back around to Christ. Remember right now they are still Gods people but reject God, as they have done time and time again. They need Christ.
Arabs & Jews share a common ancestor in Abraham, and I am sure there was much intermarrying between Jews & Arabs ... but I don't think a Jew in God's eyes is one who has genetic ancestry (Romans 2:28-29).

Devout Jews do not reject God, but they do reject Jesus Christ as their Savior. So I agree with your last remark: "They need Christ".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The UN thinks there is no such thing as the Temple Mount. So who cares what the UN thinks about the Settlements? If Israel withdrew all the settlements today, the Palestinians STILL wouldn't recognize the Jewish State of Israel.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The UN thinks there is no such thing as the Temple Mount. So who cares what the UN thinks about the Settlements? If Israel withdrew all the settlements today, the Palestinians STILL wouldn't recognize the Jewish State of Israel.

Couldn't agree with you more Open Heart, even just thinking of the UN's recent history in their choices for chair of Human rights panel should raise anyone's eyebrow. So indeed, who cares what they think about the settlements when they seem to work with some sort of twisted logic.
And yes, the Palestinians will never recognise the State of Israel, and yet the world is naive enough to think that ceasing settlements would be the answer to it all. What a short memory the world has.
Peace to you open Heart :)

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,615.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the Palestinian Christians who are also being persecuted by the Israelis?

Could you expand on that ? I personally know some great Israeli help/support centres who primarily help Palestinian Christians, they also provide them with books and materials.

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And the Palestinian Christians who are also being persecuted by the Israelis?
Remember that Israel persecuted Christianity up until they were smashed by the Roman Empire. This will unfortunately continue until they find God.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Remember that Israel persecuted Christianity up until they were smashed by the Roman Empire.
We persecuted Israel for 2000 years, and you are complaining about a couple decades?

Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I baulk at the talk of Israel persecuting Palestinian Christians, have people seen what has happened to Arab Christians in the surrounding Muslim countries ??!! I mean come on, they're being wiped off the map because of their faith. Do IDF soldiers demand they renounce Christ, and start cutting off limbs if they don't ? Have people absolutely NO perspective ?

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We persecuted Israel for 2000 years, and you are complaining about a couple decades?
Catholics maybe, it all depends on the country, and the church. It also depends on what you mean by persecution. Generalizing like that is wrong

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Catholics maybe, it all depends on the country, and the church. It also depends on what you mean by persecution. Generalizing like that is wrong
Generalization is not wrong. It's simply making a statistical statement. And I'm not talking about just Catholics. For example, Luther was the worst Anti-Semite in history.

Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Luther was the worst Anti-Semite in history.
1484465971821.gif

96899-004-C23DA93F.jpg

129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg

255px-Gal_nations_edward_i.jpg

Rhineland massacres - Wikipedia
231px-Michel_Sittow_004.jpg

229px-Profile_portrait_of_Catherine_II_by_Fedor_Rokotov_%281763%2C_Tretyakov_gallery%29.jpg

Stalin_Joseph.jpg

All these people beg to differ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
All these people beg to differ.
And I disagree with you. Let's take Hitler for example, since most people would say he was the worst. Most of his propaganda used Luther's words. 90% of his ideas were Luther's ideas: Luther's "On Jews and their Lies" was his blueprint. His policies on the Jews would have never achieved popularity except that the Protestant world was already antisemitic due to Luther.

Also, let's remember that my original claim was that Luther was the worst Christian anti-semite. Hitler was not Christian. He was apostate, baptised a Christian (catholic) but he had gone pagan (I can give you more details about this if you wish).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And I disagree with you. Let's take Hitler for example, since most people would say he was the worst. Most of his propaganda used Luther's words. 90% of his ideas were Luther's ideas: Luther's "On Jews and their Lies" was his blueprint. His policies on the Jews would have never achieved popularity except that the Protestant world was already antisemitic due to Luther.

Also, let's remember that my original claim was that Luther was the worst Christian anti-semite. Hitler was not Christian. He was apostate, baptised a Christian (catholic) but he had gone pagan (I can give you more details about this if you wish).
I know Hitler was into the occult, that is the reason behind many of his actions. Luther was not always anti-semantic, at first he wanted to convert the Jews. Many of the Jews adhered to the Talmud (a book full of anti-Christ teachings), and flat out rejected him which slowly made him bitter towards them. His hatred was unjustified yes, but he was not the worst anti-semite. Probably the worst anti-semite in history would be Satan himself, who seeks the complete destruction of Gods chosen people.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Luther was not always anti-semantic, at first he wanted to convert the Jews. Many of the Jews adhered to the Talmud (a book full of anti-Christ teachings), and flat out rejected him which slowly made him bitter towards them.
This is quite true.

The reason I label him as the worst anti-Semite is because his "On the Jews and their lies" became the primer for the actions of countless future antisemitic Protestants. He is responsible for them, including the Christians in Nazi Germany, Austria, etc.

Upvote 0

ken777

Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is quite true.

The reason I label him as the worst anti-Semite is because his "On the Jews and their lies" became the primer for the actions of countless future antisemitic Protestants. He is responsible for them, including the Christians in Nazi Germany, Austria, etc.
It would be true to say that both the Protestant & Catholic churches have been anti-semitic. Luther was very harsh in condemning Jews but I am not aware that he advocated killing Jews en masse. These abuses must be laid at the door of those who perpetrated them.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not aware that he advocated killing Jews en masse.
He didn't mourn that Christians didn't kill Jews until just befre he died. He preached:
  • Their houses should be razed and destroyed
  • Burn their synagogues and schools
  • Make them all live apart in ghettos
  • Their holy books should be taken from them
  • The rabbis should not be allowed to preach on pain of death
  • They should have no protection on the highways (so that they will not spread Judaism)
  • All money, silver, gold, and other treasures should be taken from them
  • They should be given hard labor to do (for penance)

Many of the statements he made ABOUT Jews were used to justify the killing of Jews. For example:
  • Jews killed Christian babies
  • They murdered Christ over and over again by stabbing Eucharistic hosts
  • They poisoned wells
  • Jews were dogs
  • “We are at fault for not slaying them”
  • “A Jewish heart is as hard as a stick, a stone, as iron, as a devil.”

Upvote 0