Sebring, FL
✟666,187.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you saying that this could be a repeat of the Gulf of Tonkin incident, that lead to the Vietnam War?

With all the equipment the Navy has, you'd think they'd have some way of knowing the location of a radio threat.

If the Iranian military didn't make this threat, wouldn't you expect them to deny it?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting. I hope it was not a US boat that was on the recording trying to get a conflict going. That would be absolutely stupid. But then again, if Bush wants a war with Iran so bad, I wouldn't put it past him trying to make up an excuse for war.

Upvote 0

CaligulaNero

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
South
✟17,185.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are you saying that this could be a repeat of the Gulf of Tonkin incident, that lead to the Vietnam War?

With all the equipment the Navy has, you'd think they'd have some way of knowing the location of a radio threat.

If the Iranian military didn't make this threat, wouldn't you expect them to deny it?
I'm not saying any of that. I'm simply posting a story and refraining from speculation, although I admit it seems a bit weird. At the very least the Navy failed to explain the original video and allowed people to draw their own conclusions about where the mysterious voice came from. It sounds like a young guy making a fake accent to me. Perhaps just a bystander on the US ship making a bad joke?

Reactions: reverend B
Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying any of that. I'm simply posting a story and refraining from speculation, although I admit it seems a bit weird. At the very least the Navy failed to explain the original video and allowed people to draw their own conclusions about where the mysterious voice came from. It sounds like a young guy making a fake accent to me. Perhaps just a bystander on the US ship making a bad joke?
i agree with you completely, and the iranians have come out with a different version that seems much more plausible and realistic. if we have concocted this event, like johnson did in the past, we have an obligation to find out how far up the chain of command that decision goes. this is undeniably criminal if true. this is not a small event in this whole unending mess. we need the truth in this to be blatantly clear, and i pray that we are not the ones creating the fiction, but whoever is should be held accountable.

Upvote 0

Donkeytron

Veteran
Oct 24, 2005
✟9,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's an insult to say that this information that's come from the government is faked.

The government always tells the truth when it comes to military actions like this, just ask Jessica Lynch and Pat Tillman.
That's the problem, isn't it? This incident seemed in character for Iran, but due to our administration's complete lack of credibity on any military issue, I don't know what to believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

horuhe00

Contributor
Apr 28, 2004
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Visit site
✟21,931.00
Country
Puerto Rico
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's the problem, isn't it? This incident seemed in character for Iran, but due to our administration's complete lack of credibity on any military issue, I don't know what to believe.

I'll jump in and give a quasi defence of this administration by saying it's in every administration.

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'll jump in and give a quasi defence of this administration by saying it's in every administration.
Of course it is. Especially during wartime. How much is propaganda meant for the enemy and how much is disclosed for general public knowledge. You decide.

In this instance, I just can't see a reason for making it up. It isn't as if this was the first time Iranian boats have harrassed US ships before.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course it is. Especially during wartime. How much is propaganda meant for the enemy and how much is disclosed for general public knowledge. You decide.

In this instance, I just can't see a reason for making it up. It isn't as if this was the first time Iranian boats have harrassed US ships before.

Let see... the government has been sounding the drums of war for years now... it's been disclosed that the government lied about the thread Iran posed to the nation and you can't think of ONE reason why the government would lie to get us into a shooting war?

Remove your rose colored glasses please.

Upvote 0