I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
SpaceProg said:
I thought we had a Baha'i Icon here.
Not yet. Not enough Baha'is post here. There are Baha'is here who have their own custom avatars.

Some would say unrealistic hopes
And of course there are people who say Christianity has unrealistic hopes. But that hasn't stopped Christianity from spreading all over the world.

I'd like to see peace reign too someday.
I'm glad to hear that. :)

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
I_are_sceptical said:
My beliefs about peace are based on the teachings of the religion I profess. Which is, by the way, not Christianity.
But that is not a dominant religion in this world. Would you give up this way of thinking to become a Muslim if for doing so possibly meant world peace?

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
Faith_Warrior said:
But that is not a dominant religion in this world. Would you give up this way of thinking to become a Muslim if for doing so possibly meant world peace?
No. Although I first joined the Baha'i Faith because of it's teachings concerning social reform, I have stayed with it because I have come to believe it is a genuine Revelation from God. Until someone can convince me that Baha'u'llah's claims are false, I think that the Holy Spirit will be supporting the goals of Baha'i Faith, not a different religion.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
I_are_sceptical said:
No. Although I first joined the Baha'i Faith because of it's teachings concerning social reform, I have stayed with it because I have come to believe it is a genuine Revelation from God. Until someone can convince me that Baha'u'llah's claims are false, I think that the Holy Spirit will be supporting the goals of Baha'i Faith, not a different religion.
Well then you are going to have problems establishing peace just like the rest of us:

"Fight and slay the pagans (infidels) wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war." - Quran, Sura 9:5

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
Faith_Warrior said:
Well then you are going to have problems establishing peace just like the rest of us:

"Fight and slay the pagans (infidels) wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war." - Quran, Sura 9:5
Not according to Baha'i Scripture:

"We pray God -- exalted be His glory -- and cherish the hope that He may graciously assist the manifestations of affluence and power and the daysprings of sovereignty and glory, the kings of the earth -- may God aid them through His strengthening grace -- to establish the Lesser Peace. This, indeed, is the greatest means for insuring the tranquillity of the nations. It is incumbent upon the Sovereigns of the world -- may God assist them -- unitedly to hold fast unto this Peace, which is the chief instrument for the protection of all mankind. It is Our hope that they will arise to achieve what will be conducive to the well-being of man. It is their duty to convene an all-inclusive assembly, which either they themselves or their ministers will attend, and to enforce whatever measures are required to establish unity and concord amongst men. They must put away the weapons of war, and turn to the instruments of universal reconstruction. Should one king rise up against another, all the other kings must arise to deter him. Arms and armaments will, then, be no more needed beyond that which is necessary to insure the internal security of their respective countries. If they attain unto this all-surpassing blessing, the people of each nation will pursue, with tranquillity and contentment, their own occupations, and the groanings and lamentations of most men would be silenced. We beseech God to aid them to do His will and pleasure. He, verily, is the Lord of the throne on high and of earth below, and the Lord of this world and of the world to come. It would be preferable and more fitting that the highly honored kings themselves should attend such an assembly, and proclaim their edicts."
(Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 30)

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ScottishJohn said:
My favourite story about the US space program is the one where they spend tons of money developing a pen that will work in space, while in the USSR the Cosmonauts use pencils. :D

That's funny:D

Upvote 0

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
ScottishJohn said:
My favourite story about the US space program is the one where they spend tons of money developing a pen that will work in space, while in the USSR the Cosmonauts use pencils. :D

Its an engineering trade off. In one case, money is spent on the writing instrument, in the other, its dealing with the consequences of contamination, and designing around it. Its hard to say which was a better solution economically or even technically all those years ago.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I_are_sceptical said:
America would then do anything it could to BECOME first and best. The Russians got a satellite into orbit first. America's entire space program resulted from that single embarrassment.

That's not true. Just look at America's anti-evolution and pro-YEC stance. They sure aren't doing anything about *that* embarassment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
mnphysicist said:
Its an engineering trade off. In one case, money is spent on the writing instrument, in the other, its dealing with the consequences of contamination, and designing around it. Its hard to say which was a better solution economically or even technically all those years ago.
And when the real solution was right under their noses all that time...
crayola%20crayons.jpg

Crayons :doh:

Upvote 0

mnphysicist

Have Courage to Trust God!
May 11, 2005
South East Minnesota (east of Rochester)
Visit site
✟57,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Faith_Warrior said:
And when the real solution was right under their noses all that time...
crayola%20crayons.jpg

Crayons :doh:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ROTFL

Those would be really spendy, much worse than a pencil to deal with, but still funny as can be!!!

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
billwald said:
Switzerland hasn't done to bad with a policy of minding their own business and going their own way.

And having every able bodied man armed.(helps too)

The U.S. needs to be a space defender.
If any country deploys weapons into space we must be able to
defend against them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums