✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
MaryS said:
I think it's quite hypocritical that the Supreme Court ruled against states' death penalties in 1972 and then ruled against any states' limits on abortion in 1973.
I wonder how that court would have ruled if someone had challenged God in our pledge or on our currency?

Okay I see where you are going with that but it still doesn't address an individual who is pro-life but in favor of the death penalty, which was what Illuminatus was referring to.

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
mhatten said:
Okay I see where you are going with that but it still doesn't address an individual who is pro-life but in favor of the death penalty, which was what Illuminatus was referring to.

I think most people understand the term "pro-life" refers to those who object to the federal government support of abortion. To take terms that politicians have used to describe a segment of voters with an ideology and try to apply it to other situations just doesn't work. Take the term "pro-choice" for example, I could easily claim I'm more pro-choice because I'm in favor school choice and gun rights, etc, etc.

Terms used to support a politically-backed ideology are usually in a non-negative manner. For example, we don't have groups that are called "anti-abortion" because then the opposing groups would be considered "pro-abortion". Instead of groups being "pro-gun" and "anti-gun", they are for "gun rights" or for "gun control".

Upvote 0